What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Replies

• Angeles1son85Angeles1son85 I'm an animal I shoulda been born in Jumanji Los AngelesPosts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the tweet is horrible then he tweeting giving vegas police a million dollars for all the ot's they put in but goes towel shooting in pr smh im really shocked no one tried to take him out if obama pulled this shit it's be over
    2stepz_aheadBroddie
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 24,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fmr. Governor of Puerto Rico Slams Trump on MSNBC: ‘He is Just Racist’

Alejandro García Padilla, the former governor of Puerto Rico, trashed President Donald Trump on MSNBC Thursday for his tweets claiming the U.S. would not keep FEMA and emergency responders on the hurricane ravaged island “forever.”

When asked about the president’s tweets by MSNBC’s Craig Melvin, the former governor said the remark “shows his lack of knowledge of federal law.”

“The law requires from FEMA to stay on the ground until the job is done,” Padilla explained. “So FEMA cannot get to a position and work for a couple of days and just hang around and then leave.”

Padilla added that Trump appears to not grasp the history of Puerto Rico, reminding that the island is not a U.S. territory out of choice, but that such a status was imposed on the island by Congress before the First World War.

“So it’s a duty of the United States to put their boots on the ground here in Puerto Rico,” the former governor said. “It’s not like we are begging. It’s what we deserve.”

And then, Padilla said that Trump’s comments are the product of the president “talking to his electoral base.”

“He is showing off that he is just racist,” Padilla continued. “Let’s call it by name.”

“That’s a pretty bold assertion there,” a taken-aback Melvin replied. “To call the president of the United States racist.”

Padilla held that he respects the office of the president, but stood by his comment, declaring that the way Trump handled the response “shows I think what he stands for.”

The former governor concluded that while he appreciates the efforts of House Speaker Paul Ryan to help his island, “it’s a shame for the United States, not only the way he treats Puerto Ricans, but the way he is handling the presidency.”

Facts...
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    marc123

Kumbaya...
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 25,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the tweet is horrible then he tweeting giving vegas police a million dollars for all the ot's they put in but goes towel shooting in pr smh im really shocked no one tried to take him out if obama pulled this shit it's be over

The committee doesn't kill presidents anymore.
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

UndefeatablenaledgestateRecaptimus_Prime360MallyG
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

edited October 12
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article178125831.html
    Republicans nationwide begin to chase Steve Bannon’s endorsement

The Steve Bannon primary is on—and it’s playing out at every level of government.

Top Senate recruits are wooing him by phone, and candidates for state legislature are cornering him at political rallies. Primary rivals are openly jockeying for the support of his network, and insurgent Republican hopefuls text him, dine with him and traipse to his Washington townhouse in the hopes of securing his blessing.

“Steve is one of Washington’s Pied Pipers of the conservative movement,” said Brett Doster, media consultant for Roy Moore, the GOP candidate who won a hotly contested Alabama Senate primary runoff, aided in part by Bannon.

With Moore’s victory late last month, Bannon, the ex-White House chief strategist and current leader of the hard-right outlet Breitbart, is suddenly at the center of GOP races across the board, heavily involved in boosting a slate of Senate challengers as candidates up and down the ballot try to land his support.

“I plan to reach out to him to see if there’s an interest, to see if they’re willing to come on board to help us,” said Alabama state Rep. Barry Moore, who is primarying Rep. Martha Roby, R-Ala., in part over her past criticism of President Donald Trump during the 2016 campaign. “It would be a good shot in the arm. It would be good for us to have him involved if at all possible.”

Bannon and his allies have been in touch with current and potential candidates or their representatives involved in most of the marquee Senate primary races next year, from the already-heated Arizona and Nevada races, to the contests intensifying in places like West Virginia and Wisconsin.

It’s not just the Senate—Bannon is backing Michael Grimm, the ex-GOP congressman who was jailed for felony tax fraud and is now seeking his old Staten Island House seat again. Bannon recently spent time with a Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate, Scott Wagner, who appeared with him at a conservative gathering in St. Louis and talked up spending “two hours on the plane with Steve Bannon. I was pretty emboldened before, but I can tell you right now I'm like 500 percent more emboldened.”

And in a sign of just how far-reaching Bannon’s influence is perceived to be among conservative candidates, multiple House—and even statehouse—hopefuls are also seeking to wrangle Bannon’s support, looking for introductions and tracking him down at events.

“The same establishment that he is fighting in Washington, D.C. is the same establishment we’re fighting against in Tallahassee,” said former Florida state Rep. Mike Hill, a Trump backer who is running again in 2018 and displays a picture of himself with Bannon on his campaign website.

Hill was spotted outside a rally for Roy Moore here in rural Alabama the night before the runoff’s Election Day, huddling with his campaign manager, who was exuberant after mentioning Hill’s race to Bannon.

“We have a kindred spirit there,” Hill said. “He understands that. He says, ‘Great, keep up with your campaign.’”

The idea of treating Bannon like a conservative kingmaker is deeply alarming to many veteran Republicans who say his hard-edged nationalist brand is out of step with traditional GOP values and a turnoff to swing voters.

“A civil war led by the Steve Bannons of the world is destructive not only internally, but…independents are generally not in favor of nationalist movements and extreme politics,” said Al Cardenas, the former chairman of the American Conservative Union. “Now we have Steve Bannon trying to put together primaries against incumbents, well-respected within the ranks of the Senate.”

Plenty of top Republicans also sharply question Bannon’s influence, noting that many of the candidates who have engaged with him have also been in talks with the National Republican Senatorial Committee and other party officials for months, from Josh Mandel in Ohio to Josh Hawley in Missouri. They also stress that Roy Moore’s victory in Alabama had much more to do with local dynamics—from Moore’s reputation as a religious crusader to his opponent’s ties to a disgraced ex-governor—than with Bannon.

People involved in Bannon’s discussions with candidates stress that in many races, final decisions on how to proceed have not been made—but they note that he is hearing from a relatively broad range of candidates, from those perceived as bomb-throwers to some embraced by the GOP establishment.

The latter is the case in Missouri, where Hawley—a top GOP Senate recruit who is challenging Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill—spoke with Bannon by phone following the Alabama runoff, as McClatchy and the Kansas City Star first reported.

The phone call was aimed at showing Bannon that “Josh is a good conservative,” a Republican close to Hawley told the Star. Hawley has also recently enjoyed positive coverage in Breitbart.

In other current and potential primary contests, from West Virginia to Mississippi, candidates are already competing over who most staunchly supports Trump—and claiming support from Bannon is factoring heavily into the messaging.

“Steve Bannon knows that Washington D.C. is broken and that the Senate needs a strong conservative leader who has a record of getting things done,” read a statement to McClatchy from West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey, whose Senate campaign recently issued a press release highlighting Bannon’s words of praise for him. He added, “I'm grateful for Steve's support and look forward to working with him to help drain the swamp in D.C."

In Mississippi, there is Chris McDaniel, the state senator who lost a controversial primary challenge to Sen. Thad Cochran in 2014, but is considering a challenge to Sen. Roger Wicker next cycle. McDaniel also was with Bannon at Moore’s Alabama rally.

Asked by McClatchy if he would like Bannon to be as involved in his potential Senate campaign as he was in Moore’s, McDaniel replied, “If I run, I would certainly hope so.”

“He obviously was a large part of the reason Trump was successful in his presidential bid,” McDaniel said of Bannon. “Steve has been supportive. He’s indicated he’ll support me whichever decision I’ve made, whether it’s U.S. Senate or some other position in the state.”

Certainly, some GOP strategists note, in the last several campaign cycles more establishment-minded Republicans, led by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, have generally been effective in defeating upstart, hard-right primary challenges—including McDaniel—even when they have received support from the Breitbart wing of the party.

Yet despite the local issues that complicated the Alabama primary dynamics last month, some operatives watching races going forward are worried about what Moore’s victory, boosted to some degree by Bannon, portends for other GOP primaries.

Moore’s win opens “the floodgates, and people who have been on the fence about jumping in point to that, see a path, and try to recreate that magic in their own states,” said one GOP strategist with campaign experience in the South, who will be involved in the midterms. “They will probably be overlearning a lesson. I think there are things unique to…Alabama. But I think it’s huge encouragement to candidates like that.”

Cardenas, the ex-American Conservative Union chairman, said he hopes that the party infrastructure is sufficiently preparing to defend incumbents—but expressed deep skepticism, and worry.

“The party is fearful of losing and it’s trying to do the impossible: keep under our tent the Bannons and the Corkers of this world,” he said, referencing Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, who is retiring and has recently emerged as a sharp Trump critic.

“I don’t believe that formula will succeed,” Cardenas said.
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

• Angeles1son85Angeles1son85 I'm an animal I shoulda been born in Jumanji Los AngelesPosts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think kelly might be up to something gettin paul ryan maybe mitch and maybe tillerson to remove trump
    image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F02%2F10%2F635907397470686639-1855958113_tumblr_inline_muuc4vTMNO1ryb0hd.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=703&h=15dc4b1b7426aee1dd75d800797fa195372a4bb001ecbb850a432d1ae5382954&size=980x&c=1284575912
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 50,433 Regulator
    https://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-sen-ben-sasse-fires-back-at-hannity-some-of-us-still-believe-in-the-constitution/
    GOP Sen. Ben Sasse Fires Back at Hannity: ‘Some of Us Still Believe in the Constitution’

Last night, in response to President Donald Trump raging on Twitter at NBC News and threatening to revoke their broadcasting license over a story he didn’t like, Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) released a short statement asking Trump if he was recanting on his oath to protect the First Amendment.

While much of the online response to Sasse’s callout of the president was positive, one very prominent supporter of POTUS was not impressed.

vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

• D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-sen-ben-sasse-fires-back-at-hannity-some-of-us-still-believe-in-the-constitution/
    GOP Sen. Ben Sasse Fires Back at Hannity: ‘Some of Us Still Believe in the Constitution’

Last night, in response to President Donald Trump raging on Twitter at NBC News and threatening to revoke their broadcasting license over a story he didn’t like, Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) released a short statement asking Trump if he was recanting on his oath to protect the First Amendment.

While much of the online response to Sasse’s callout of the president was positive, one very prominent supporter of POTUS was not impressed.

Funny as hell and seriously fucked up how both democrats and republicans make the same moves and each side calls out the other side and they both stay saying
    anigif_enhanced-9176-1428539383-10.gif

so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79

#1hiphopjunki3Mister B.Breezy_Kilroy
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,109 Regulator
    Sabotaging Obamacare will fuck up republicans bad. Poetic justice
    #Mikeyismod2017
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trump just gave thinly veiled white supremacist speech at a value voters summit.

Nothing new here..

he invoked "the war on christmas", the flag of course, and returning america to its values...
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelly wouldn't be saving face for no reason. Something is up. They're probably planning a coup with Pence.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Angeles1son85naledgestate
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/republican-senator-drafts-bill-license-journalists-gun-owners
    IN GOPer Drafts Bill To Force Journalists To Get Licenses Like Gun Owners

An Indiana state lawmaker wants to see journalists obtain licenses with state police the same way handgun owners are required to do in the state, the Indy Star reported.

Rep. Jim Lucas (R-IN) wrote the bill earlier this year and said he may file it soon to make a statement about gun rights.

“If you’re OK licensing my Second Amendment right, what’s wrong with licensing your First Amendment right?” he told the Indy Star.

Lucas’ frustration with the media stems from local coverage of his efforts to repeal a state law that requires handgun owners to have a permit in order to carry it. He said if he was as “irresponsible” with his guns “as the media has been with their keyboard, I’d probably be in jail.”

His draft bill would require journalists to submit an application with state police, get finger-printed and pay a $75 fee for a license. Any person with a felony or domestic battery conviction wouldn’t be allowed to get a license, according to the draft bill obtained by the Indy Star.

The proposal reads almost the exact same as the Indiana state law that requires a permit for handguns, according to the Indy Star.

The draft bill may be more of a stunt than a serious piece of legislation state, as Lucas told the Indy Star that his plan for filing it “depends on you guys.”

“It depends on how egregious and irresponsible you are between now and then,” he said.

vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/roy-moore-led-charge-against-removing-segregation-from-alabama-constitution
    Roy Moore Led Charge Against Removing Segregation From Alabama Constitution
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

• dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hillary Clinton speaking on The One Show on the BBC - the greatest sob story ever told.
    Angeles1son85naledgestate
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    She really needs to go away already.

She's flogging her book in the UK at the moment.
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is trump trying to go to war with Iran and Korea?