What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Barbershop in Maryland

2»

Replies

• FigoFigo 100% Trinidadian MarylandPosts: 7,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paprika wrote: »
    $35! He's taking that extra $15 as tip.

Buy yourself some clippers and cut your own hair. I haven't been to a barber shop since July.

Bought a t liner, since November. i guess its back to youtube tutorials. the angles is a bit tough using a clipper.
    Foreign Nation|PG County, MD

barbers cooking. $25 at this shop i found in Bowie.
    makes sense cutting self. now is just understanding which of these clippers is best. got to much to choose from.

• yellowtapesportyellowtapesport Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second Chance Barber Shop
    Hyattsville, MD
    301-559-2775

Ask for Keith or Jay
    $20
    Fuck em, duck em, leave em alone.
  • Cleveland7venty6Cleveland7venty6 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate going to the barbershop so much so that i grew locks for 15 years and now i just shave my head bald.

at this rate, yall gon be paying 50 bucks bi/weekly by the year 2020.
    king hassan
    Second Chance Barber Shop
    Hyattsville, MD
    301-559-2775

Ask for Keith or Jay
    $20

cool vibes. before i head there, ill hit u up on here.

yellowtapesport
    500_500_csupload_38820033.jpg?u=794392129

bought this one.
    joint is a challenge

StillFaggyAFMallyGSion
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    35? Hell naw you getting robbed.

I'm paying $20 right now and I'm feeling robbed

^^^All this here. Like bruh said you just cuttin hair. Iono WTF happened. 35 tho?! Naw bruh...
    Tsotsi Cape TownMallyG
  • Cleveland7venty6Cleveland7venty6 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figo wrote: »
    500_500_csupload_38820033.jpg?u=794392129

bought this one.
    joint is a challenge

we have these. It gets close as a razor, but expensive. keep em clean tho. religiously.
    Tsotsi Cape Town
  • Thereal_baThereal_ba Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbers charge way to much nowadays. And celebrity barbers, WTF is that, you just cutting hair
    $150 for a hair cut, nah im cool lol
    king hassan
  • jniamjniam Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey man if you're in PG County I recommend 'Main Event' in College Park, MD. It's off Rt 1./Baltimore Avenue.

I get $15 (student discount + $2 tip). Everyone else is $20. Even at that, I stopped going there. My boy hooks me up with $5 for shape-up and $10 for the cut.

There's also another place called Universal Barbers also in College Park on Rt. 1. It's across from an apartment block call "The Enclave". They should also be $20 (although I haven't been there since summer of 2015. They get quite busy on the weekends. Seems like a cracking spot.

But $35, nah, that's highway robbery. Such activity should be reported to the feds.
    Tsotsi Cape TownSionMallyG
    edited March 2016
    jniam wrote: »
    Hey man if you're in PG County I recommend 'Main Event' in College Park, MD. It's off Rt 1./Baltimore Avenue.

I get $15 (student discount + $2 tip). Everyone else is $20. Even at that, I stopped going there. My boy hooks me up with $5 for shape-up and $10 for the cut.

There's also another place called Universal Barbers also in College Park on Rt. 1. It's across from an apartment block call "The Enclave". They should also be $20 (although I haven't been there since summer of 2015. They get quite busy on the weekends. Seems like a cracking spot.

But $35, nah, that's highway robbery. Such activity should be reported to the feds.

thats the one close to corner stone bar?

i use to go there back in the days. i think they have a women saloon to the left in the back. yea they was cool.

• StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn bro. i pay 20 at one shop and 20 (with tip) at the Jamaican joint

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

• yellowtapesportyellowtapesport Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont tip my barber..

Nigga get straight 20 for the cut one week and 10 for a shape up the next
    Fuck em, duck em, leave em alone.
    R.D.damnkp
  • I Self Lord & MasterI Self Lord & Master Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    i got a few barbers in different towns....i used to jus give one the whole 20 when he charged 15...then he went to 20, and thats all he got. ...

its a crackhead barber who turned his crack den into a makeshift shop that charge 7...i always gave him 10...i remember one time i gave him 15 bucks, u woulda thought i gave him 100 as geeked as he got lmfao....im willim to bet a few guys got cut by him before on here....73rd n paulina ...he been cuttin for at least 15 yrs

now i jus shave my shit smh...

"I'M JACK JOHNSON, HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. I'M BLACK...THEY NEVER LET ME FORGET IT. I'M BLACK, ALRIGHT....I'LL NEVER LET THEM FORGET IT"

What's worst than having a barber who talks talks talks talks. Yup, back to the drawing board. Any barber recommendations in PG county Maryland?

SionMallyG
    Shits frusts. Got me feeling like driving to Brooklyn or queens NY to get a decent haircut.

SiondontdiedontkillanyonMallyG
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late to the party, but $35 is mad money to be paying for a cut. My barber who's been cutting my hair since primary school charges £9, so I just give him £10 and everyone is sweet... That's under $13.

I'm assuming you've found someone decent by now. Worse comes to the worse there's always the afro.
    silverfoxx
    about to try a new barber in greenbelt. last barber done took my hairline back to Madagascar. smh

Stew
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea 35 is crazy....

this junt a beast for folks balding there own heads

s-l300.jpg
2»