What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Internet Wizardry From Fat Harry Potter

12345679»

Replies

• BlackCatBlackCat Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cunt_Lyfe wrote: »
    BlackCat wrote: »
    @BlackCat

You might also be interested in the Black Witch Chronicles.

We've learned how to do souring spells (banishment spells) and the Black woman who runs it regularly does healing practices in Chicago. She also taught us how to do abundant jars that have helped bring money into my home when I needed it through old folk magic.

https://www.facebook.com/blackwitchchronicles/?fref=ts

I never heard of anything about Black Witch. That sounds real cool. There is actually an exhibition at the Gallery at AU in DC. The artist's art is mostly about her practices in some aspects off witch craft that she practices. I don't know if she considers herself Black Witch. One of her works was a huge Altar Piece in the Gallery. I will see if I can find her name. She use a different name in her art. Thanks for the link, that's interesting stuff.

Do you have to be a spiritual person to practice?

Tbh, I think all Black folx are already deeply spiritual beings, whether they recognize it or not.

It just takes a willingness to commit yourself to practicing the beliefs.

Creating my own altar was a defining point in my journey last year.

Happy to see you interested in this!

I def agree with that. I'm not religious but I don't know about my spirituality. I think I don't recognize it yet. I may have commit myself to see the inner parts of me. Just got to find a way I guess.

I collect few items that are dear to me. Some little items that reminds me of certain happy memories.
    I got a healing stone from Ghana I keep in my wallet everyday. I might as well start my own altar. That would be awesome.

I think in some African Folks altar pieces they got to include some remains of an ancestor in the altar. That could be bones or ther body parts. Those have to be smeared with medicines before they get put on the altar. This makes it more authentic and more effective to way to connect to the ancestors through the mediator. In this case, would photos alone of the deceased alone do as its hard to get remains. i will look in to it more, I might get in that just to see if I could be able to connect with my ancestors sooner or later. It is probably goung to take long time the.

I am glad you brought it up cuz I'm originally East African and the west African practices are so different. I am planning to do a long research paper on how the So called Arican Arts were brought here to our museums. This small gallery alone have so many items that seems taken away from Africa, was told it was given away to the collector. All were authentic, I have yet to find the real reason that happened. Those pieces we supposed to be shown with a group. Masks are not even considered masks in those cultures. I need to get on that soon,
    Cunt_Lyfe
  • Cunt_LyfeCunt_Lyfe Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    @BlackCat

You might also be interested in the Black Witch Chronicles.

We've learned how to do souring spells (banishment spells) and the Black woman who runs it regularly does healing practices in Chicago. She also taught us how to do abundant jars that have helped bring money into my home when I needed it through old folk magic.

https://www.facebook.com/blackwitchchronicles/?fref=ts

I never heard of anything about Black Witch. That sounds real cool. There is actually an exhibition at the Gallery at AU in DC. The artist's art is mostly about her practices in some aspects off witch craft that she practices. I don't know if she considers herself Black Witch. One of her works was a huge Altar Piece in the Gallery. I will see if I can find her name. She use a different name in her art. Thanks for the link, that's interesting stuff.

Do you have to be a spiritual person to practice?

Tbh, I think all Black folx are already deeply spiritual beings, whether they recognize it or not.

It just takes a willingness to commit yourself to practicing the beliefs.

Creating my own altar was a defining point in my journey last year.

Happy to see you interested in this!

I def agree with that. I'm not religious but I don't know about my spirituality. I think I don't recognize it yet. I may have commit myself to see the inner parts of me. Just got to find a way I guess.

I collect few items that are dear to me. Some little items that reminds me of certain happy memories.
    I got a healing stone from Ghana I keep in my wallet everyday. I might as well start my own altar. That would be awesome.

I think in some African Folks altar pieces they got to include some remains of an ancestor in the altar. That could be bones or ther body parts. Those have to be smeared with medicines before they get put on the altar. This makes it more authentic and more effective to way to connect to the ancestors through the mediator. In this case, would photos alone of the deceased alone do as its hard to get remains. i will look in to it more, I might get in that just to see if I could be able to connect with my ancestors sooner or later. It is probably goung to take long time the.

I am glad you brought it up cuz I'm originally East African and the west African practices are so different. I am planning to do a long research paper on how the So called Arican Arts were brought here to our museums. This small gallery alone have so many items that seems taken away from Africa, was told it was given away to the collector. All were authentic, I have yet to find the real reason that happened. Those pieces we supposed to be shown with a group. Masks are not even considered masks in those cultures. I need to get on that soon,

Smearing it with medicine? Very interesting! Unfortunately, I don't have any parts of my grandfather (because he was cremated) but only his picture, and my candle and bit of earth for healing.

What country in East Africa are you from and which tribe?

Oh, yeah, African countries are definitely owed their shit back from museums. It's like, "I stole your car and now that it's parked in my garage, even though it's yours, you can't have it back." BYP 100 actually did a tour on that about how anti-Black museums are when it comes to artifacts.
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    goat place to move this thread. no more free promo.
    trust no one, just my sig
    The_Jackal
  • LordZukoLordZuko Black Illuminati AsgardPosts: 1,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Stop appropriating trapping too you never sold drugs never been in that life

Ooooooooohh he said loca aint with the shits
    tumblr_inline_oiifvz7hQg1rzssji_500.gif