What is the best way to find a new job?

14567810»

Replies

  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    GOAT for getting on at Morehouse. Didn't go there, but my best friend graduated from there and I work alongside a few Morehouse men. Great institution. Big ups to you brotha @silverfoxx

    Thanks fam! It must mean alot man because no disrespect but alot of people been big upping me on aquiring the position, although I thought It was just another job, but the more I learn about the networking capabilities and future opportunities and just the brotherhood I feel hella blessed, even if the pay is not a1 the long term implacation is very fruitful.
    AggieLean.skpjr78
  • AggieLean.AggieLean. Country ass nigga.Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    Well, it's been a year and two months since I graduated and I still don't have a job in my field. I really think it has a lot to do with my location. CT is not the place for someone with a journalism degree. I have been looking real hard as well. I have had a few interviews but still no luck. Any suggestions?

    Yea, you're going to have to start looking elsewhere. I assume you have a job, just not in your field. If you haven't started, then start stacking up some bread. You're probably going to have to make a big move soon. Good luck on your search, and don't get discouraged.

    I have been looking for jobs in NY but I still have not had an interview there yet. I have been saving to move out for a while. If I could I would move Manhattan but it's way too much money to live there. I hope I can get a job without having to move. I currently work part time.

    I know your degree is in journalism & mass communication, but have you ever thought of working at a bank? I gotta homie I went to school with who majored in that field, and now he's a regional manager for a bank. I know it's not in your field per se, but it's going to be hard to find something in that field. Just throwing out suggestions.
  • SimplyKrysSimplyKrys Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    Well, it's been a year and two months since I graduated and I still don't have a job in my field. I really think it has a lot to do with my location. CT is not the place for someone with a journalism degree. I have been looking real hard as well. I have had a few interviews but still no luck. Any suggestions?

    Yea, you're going to have to start looking elsewhere. I assume you have a job, just not in your field. If you haven't started, then start stacking up some bread. You're probably going to have to make a big move soon. Good luck on your search, and don't get discouraged.

    I have been looking for jobs in NY but I still have not had an interview there yet. I have been saving to move out for a while. If I could I would move Manhattan but it's way too much money to live there. I hope I can get a job without having to move. I currently work part time.

    I know your degree is in journalism & mass communication, but have you ever thought of working at a bank? I gotta homie I went to school with who majored in that field, and now he's a regional manager for a bank. I know it's not in your field per se, but it's going to be hard to find something in that field. Just throwing out suggestions.

    Thank you for the suggestion. You're not the first person to tell me to try a bank. At this point I will try almost anything that is full time with benefits.
  • AggieLean.AggieLean. Country ass nigga.Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    Well, it's been a year and two months since I graduated and I still don't have a job in my field. I really think it has a lot to do with my location. CT is not the place for someone with a journalism degree. I have been looking real hard as well. I have had a few interviews but still no luck. Any suggestions?

    Yea, you're going to have to start looking elsewhere. I assume you have a job, just not in your field. If you haven't started, then start stacking up some bread. You're probably going to have to make a big move soon. Good luck on your search, and don't get discouraged.

    I have been looking for jobs in NY but I still have not had an interview there yet. I have been saving to move out for a while. If I could I would move Manhattan but it's way too much money to live there. I hope I can get a job without having to move. I currently work part time.

    I know your degree is in journalism & mass communication, but have you ever thought of working at a bank? I gotta homie I went to school with who majored in that field, and now he's a regional manager for a bank. I know it's not in your field per se, but it's going to be hard to find something in that field. Just throwing out suggestions.

    Thank you for the suggestion. You're not the first person to tell me to try a bank. At this point I will try almost anything that is full time with benefits.

    You've got that and you could possibly try to get on with Human Resources. Just tryna help ya out.
  • whatevathehellwhatevathehell Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6
    Start my bullshit new job Monday...at least I stopped the drain on my savings..I got to find a better paying job quick though
    AggieLean.texas409Max.
  • Max.Max. BODY BAG! Posts: 29,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a new job...supervisor is cool dude

    I was shook it was gona be sum old angry dude
    skpjr78traestarTheBoyRoAggieLean.
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walked into a job interview today and they started off with questions about my driving record. I had a misdemeanor DUI on my record so I had to tell them and they instantly turned me down because of it. They said their company insurance wouldnt cover employees to drive vehicles on the property smh. Dude told me that I had the experience I was looking for as he was walking me out the door.......
    So ILL
  • whatevathehellwhatevathehell Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    Walked into a job interview today and they started off with questions about my driving record. I had a misdemeanor DUI on my record so I had to tell them and they instantly turned me down because of it. They said their company insurance wouldnt cover employees to drive vehicles on the property smh. Dude told me that I had the experience I was looking for as he was walking me out the door.......

    Move to Charlotte man they all kinds of jobs...3/4 of me so t paying Shit but money money right. Mfers at my job come to work sober and High as hell by lunch...explain that Shit......good people though.
    texas409
14567810»
Sign In or Register to comment.