What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

K. Michelle’s Music Pulled From U.S. Radio Stations?

MasterJayN100MasterJayN100 real niggaz move in silenceSomewhere in this Big Ol WorldPosts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
k-michelle-that-gape-juic-2016-101010-1.png

K. Michelle‘s relationship with radio seems to have taken a turn for the worst.

Bad news for the ‘Maybe I Should Call’ singer below…

Following her decision to confront music industry power player Angela Yee during an interview on her ‘Breakfast Club’ platform Michelle has learned of a report which claims she has been blacklisted by the U.S. media company Radio One.

Not to be mistaken for the British radio platform of the same name, One is said to have cut all ties with the singer after she allegedly failed to turn up to several promotional spots they’d lined up for her to fulfill.

titbn1ipwpux.png

However, a rep from the star’s label, Atlantic Records, has stepped forward to claim that the story is untrue citing reported spins of the singer’s music on the platform in several states as proof of this.

01amm6l6dor9.png

This is serious.

For one reason or another Michelle is yet to be embraced by Top 40 radio formats seeing her become extremely dependant on Urban platforms to push her music to the masses.

With this in mind let’s hope that the singer finds a way to reconcile with One and reclaim the access to its audience she seems to have lost.

Unfortunately, a number of R&B-leaning artists still take an unhealthy approach to Urban platforms, seemingly unaware or uninterested in how supportive these platforms are to them as they set their sights on what some might call “mainstream relevance.”

As one of her genre’s leading ladies, it’d be a shame if Michelle saw her relationship with one of these influential platforms crash and crumble before she reaches her full potential commercially.

Your thoughts?

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2016/04/michelle-faces-radio-blacklisting/
tumblr_opab9ws8vL1ta5iimo1_500.gif
_Goldie_manofmorehouseTsotsi Cape TownMrCrookedLetterValentinez A. KaiserMD_PROPER DupacCashmoneyDuxsapp08_2001Solitary SoldieratribecalledgabiBender Rodriguez

Replies

• qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We give the power over our music to the wrong people, but let that coke music thrive
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
    gnsbbkg79
  • MasterJayN100MasterJayN100 real niggaz move in silence Somewhere in this Big Ol WorldPosts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Good. She was tryin to turn up on my baby for tv, now her albums bout to go triple horse shit.

you think angela yee had something to do with it?
    infamous114
  • MasterJayN100MasterJayN100 real niggaz move in silence Somewhere in this Big Ol WorldPosts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Man i cant call it. but this part got me bugging
    One fan in attendance revealed that she had decided to skip her chemotherapy treatment that morning for a chance to meet the singer

really... really.. we out here skipping Chemo for K Michelle??? people idolizing these celebrities. I swear its something i will never understand

these celebs dont give a fuck about you anyway..only your money.i wish i would risk my health for these MFs with money.
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One fan in attendance revealed that she had decided to skip her chemotherapy treatment that morning for a chance to meet the singer

really... really.. we out here skipping Chemo for K Michelle??? people idolizing these celebrities. I swear its something i will never understand

these celebs dont give a fuck about you anyway..only your money.i wish i would risk my health for these MFs with money.

They are what we make'em
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
  • gnsgns Bleeding 24/7 Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    Fuck Angela yee
    Fuck them cac owned radio stations and
    Fuck K. Michelles alarm clock

She need to be getting her ass up to work though. Its still fucked up the whole concept of blacklisting someone. No one kike should have all that power

Radio One is black owned

Prove it
    _Goldie_Tsotsi Cape TownDupacatribecalledgabi
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that! Hate folks like that.
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
    JusDre313
  • FishNChipsFishNChips Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She seems like a "my shit don't stink" type bih
  • FishNChipsFishNChips Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ the thought of the chemo girl being like "my cancer might come back and kill me, but at least I'll have seen my queen thot K Michelle!!!"
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,210 Regulator
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Good. She was tryin to turn up on my baby for tv, now her albums bout to go triple horse shit.

you think angela yee had something to do with it?

No. This is about a station in DC/MD. Angela Yee works in NYC
    Matike85
  • Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her bed.....

So let her, her inflated ego and her inflated ass lay in it!
  • DupacDupac Retired PurgatoryPosts: 68,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    Fuck Angela yee
    Fuck them cac owned radio stations and
    Fuck K. Michelles alarm clock

She need to be getting her ass up to work though. Its still fucked up the whole concept of blacklisting someone. No one kike should have all that power

Radio One is black owned

Prove it

lol

JusDre313
  • gnsgns Bleeding 24/7 Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That chairperson dont look black
    Kat_Goldie_Tsotsi Cape TownRevolver OcelotMatike85
  • mc317mc317 Chief Of Goddamn Station Dark Side of The MoonPosts: 5,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    K michelle her cunt stinks too high hell
    Cold Sardines Cold Sardines fuck em and feed em Cold Sardines