What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official "Espn First Take , FS1 Undisputed, Sportscenter , Sports Radio, Podcasts etc" Thread.

TheBoyRoTheBoyRo Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 10 in From the Cheap Seats
Post all the video links , podcast and discussions in here.
ZydecoShawtyCJsilverfoxxValentinez A. KaiserYoung StefMD_PROPER south4lifeDupacillestni99ainne

Replies

• StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 32,716 Regulator
    Everybody leaving espn
    #Mikeyismod2017
    lord nemesisdamobb2deepillestni99ainne
  • TheBoyRoTheBoyRo Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Source: Skip Bayless Is Leaving ESPN For Fox Sports

Skip Bayless has decided to leave ESPN when his contract expires at the end of August. His final appearance on First Take will be the day after the NBA Finals conclude. We want to thank Skip for his many contributions to ESPN. His hard work and talent have benefited ESPN for 12 years.

According to an industry source, Bayless is expected to join Fox Sports. New Fox Sports head honcho Jamie Horowitz—who worked with Bayless at First Take while at ESPN and is generally credited/blamed for the network’s embarrassing “Embrace Debate” era—has been clear about his desire to remake Fox Sports as a sort of giant crypto-racist shout show, and Bayless is the biggest name in that game. “Yes, we’re interested in all the superstars,” Horowitz told Sporting News last month. “Of course, I’m interested in Skip.”

According to an ESPN press release, First Take was supposed to broadcast from Chicago starting on Thursday, site of the NFL Draft. An ESPN spokesperson tells me those plans have changed, but declined to elaborate on why. According to a source, it’s because of today’s announcement.

Bayless, whose ESPN contract is up this summer, will presumably be paid an enormous amount of money to leave network he’s called home for over a decade. According to Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch, ESPN was prepared to offer Bayless around $4 million annually.
    ZydecoShawtyValentinez A. KaiserYoung StefSuperSoaker
  • PanchoYoSanchoPanchoYoSancho To all the killas and the hundid dolla billasPosts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody ESPN turns into a star ends up leaving for greener pastures.
    Young StefdeadeyeSolitary Soldier
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 63,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideally I'd like SAS off First Take as well. He still holds value as far as covering/commenting on the NBA, but that's literally the only lane I care to listen to his opinion.
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

psychobutcher
  • Negro_CaesarNegro_Caesar Fuck Bitches Get Money Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FS1>>>>ESPN. Only shows I fuck with on ESPN is his and hers and highly questionable
    gucci7383texas409Knightryderstringer bellwillhustledamobb2deepSerious Juice Mayne
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't watched FS1 since it's debut
    StoneColdMikeyAlpha_Ambition texas409Beefer77
  • detcatinvadetcatinva Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESPN used to be the fun place to work, now it's becoming another company
    freewatether.jpg

freeway.jpg
    Young StefBeefer77
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SAS rolling in his grave.

Btw what channel is Fox Sports even on? Is that like a national channel or a premium with an cable provider?
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Btw what channel is Fox Sports even on? Is that like a national channel or a premium with an cable provider?

Should be included in your sports tv package
  • Negro_CaesarNegro_Caesar Fuck Bitches Get Money Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

219 on directv
  • PanchoYoSanchoPanchoYoSancho To all the killas and the hundid dolla billasPosts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fox Sports 1 is on basic cable on Time Warner in my area.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cowherd says this all the time on his show and you can see it in the talent level currently at ESPN. These sports tv contracts is hurting ESPN. They are paying dam near triple what they did for the NBA and the NFL package keeps going up as well. Only place they can afford to cut back is on the anchors. All the ESPN radio shows that usually spend the whole week in the super bowl city only did Wed-Sun this year. None of them are in Chicago for the draft until Thursday morning. The same reason why they keep throw us Joe Tesatore, Galloway and Kanel instead of Mark May, Coach, and Rece Davis. They are saving money by cutting back the on tv/radio personalities. I'm sure they paid to keep Skip though b/c he drives ratings. Same for PTI. Cowherd even said they offered him a fair amount but for him it was more about moving to the west coast over staying in Conn.

sidenote FS1is terrible
    Negro_Caesarstringer bellpsychobutcher
  • detcatinvadetcatinva Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    another thing about First Take ESPN execs loved the show because it had high ratings but also it was cheap to produce.

freewatether.jpg

freeway.jpg
    Lurkristocrat
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Also to piggyback off @lamontbdc alot of people are getting rid of cable and it's hurting ESPN revenue. Include the amount of money they are paying for exclusive rights for NFL NBA and CFB and they are losing money.

And they have taken some bad PR hits withing the last year. I'm not an industry insider but I believe the new CEO President of ESPN John Skipper isn't viewed favorably among employees and former ESPN employees.

They let go of almost 200 producers who had been there since the 90's and the back and forth between Skipper and Bill Simmons left a poor taste among viewers.

Also, the network purposely lied about the deflate gate and issued an apology at midnight when nobody is watching.

Know what's funny? ESPN purposely overpaid for the NBA rights so fox couldn't get in. Fox had the idea of doing Saturday night games that ESPN/abc did this season. I think it's great they are losing money. Here's hoping nbc sports, cbs sports and fox sports get more live sports on their networks
    gucci7383texas409
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 48,823 Regulator
    There's a book about ESPN about all the shit that's gone on. I'll come around to reading it one day
    tumblr_oqf7jvQVoh1tnaufeo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_onj2y2VMMA1sc0ffqo4_540.gif
    Young StefdeadeyeLUClENachewon87