What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

IT (2017) : Jaeden Lieberher and Bill Skarsgård

Replies

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I enjoyed it even more after the second watch. Best big horror movie to come out in a long long time

You didn't see sinister?

I did. Shit wasn't special to me. I don't see a whole lot of horror films in theaters though and that is probably a big reason why I don't enjoy a lot of them. Theater makes a lot of movies more scary with the atmosphere and audio
    gdatruth2.0
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast the kids as adults for the sequel:

Bill - Michael Pitt (Couldnt really come up with anyone)
    Ben - Chris Pratt
    Bev - Jessica Chastain
    Edddie - Rami Malek
    Mike - André Holland
    Stan - Zach Woods
    Richie - Bill Hader

Pretty dope list, especially Chastain as bev and Hader As richie, I can definitely see those haha.

I guess the kids WILL be involved in the second film. Director says there will be flash back scenes incorporated for story and to also give glimpses of pennywise origin.
  • C da Night KingC da Night King Antisocial Extrovert Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just liking the fact that the adult portion will be set in the modern day with more relatable people. If I recall correctly, the adults from the original seemed like wack nerds and geeks. Like they couldn't grow out of that, smh.

Maybe it's more plausible today though that growing out of nerdy awkwardness would happen.
    StoneColdMikey
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope horror movie. Shit was better than expected. Cant wait for part 2
    Lou_Cypher
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really rinsed the hell out of the 80's setting with the references lol, the first scene with pennywise reaching out with his extended arm to grab georgie was a shoutout to freddy in his first scene where he has the long arms in the alley, I caught the Poltergeist one and a few others as well.

Sioniron man1PILL_COSBY
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16
    and what are these deadlights?
    The girl seen them and was put into a suspended animation. The kids said it's because she wasn't afraid. So all the floating kids are being held off until they start fearing? I read that the deadlights have some insanity effect, but the girl wasn't effected by them. Why? Will the rest of those kids be "insane" later in life? and I think @Broddie said "smh" to them showing the lights, why?

I'm not familiar w Kings works like that. I dislike reading fiction, I'd rather watch it.
    Huey_C
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 64,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    The girl seen them and was put into a suspended animation. The kids said it's because she wasn't afraid. So all the floating kids are being held off until they start fearing? I read that the deadlights have some insanity effect, but the girl wasn't effected by them. Why? Will the rest of those kids be "insane" later in life? and I think @Broddie said "smh" to them showing the lights, why?

I'm not familiar w Kings works like that. I dislike reading fiction, I'd rather watch it.
    I thought she was affected tho? Hence her being put in that suspended animation. Cuz as soon as he showed them, she went into that trance.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
    Lou_Cypher

I thought she was affected tho? Hence her being put in that suspended animation. Cuz as soon as he showed them, she went into that trance.

I read it makes them insane? That's why I was asking. I'm not familiar w all this stuff.
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,019 Regulator

I read it makes them insane? That's why I was asking. I'm not familiar w all this stuff.

It's been YEARS since I read It but in the Dark Tower books it's a form of magic that can be used to control your soul. It can also drive you crazy, be used to torture your mind, kill etc. I don't know why he was smhing at it but I had no problem with it at all. There's a few people who can use it in the series (I'm referring to other books).

Major spoiler alert
    I think in the books when they're adults one of the adults looks into the spiders eyes and temporarily loses his shit and turns pale. I think in the movie they were hinting to It's true form but I'm not gonna touch on that cuz they'll explain it in the next movie I'm sure.

I gotta brush back up on the Stephen King lore I have almost all his books minus some of the newer ones, but it's been ages since I last read em.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    VIBE
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw this last night loved it and trying to see it again definitely. Skarsgard and the kid actors shut this shit down.
    tumblr_nycwg4lQ121qzco77o1_500.gif

Hulkbuster_suit_up_660_12fps_256c.0_zpsmvju6kap.gif

[img][/img]images-4_zpspafe6bfb.jpg
    sapp08_2001
    edited September 18
    Just dawned on me what the Killer Klowns From Outer Space nod was..

The puppet scene

Officer Mooney is used as a puppet before the klown walks toward Dave.

Pennywise is using Georgie as a puppet and runs toward Bill.
    Sion
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was shaking my head at how unimaginative it all was. The deadlights are the creature's true form. You expect them to be a form of devastatingly chaotic light the way the book describes em. Unlike anything ever seen before.

In the movie it's just 3 nightlights lol smh no imagination whatsoever. Even the mini series wisely avoided explicitly showing them since they didn't have an otherwordly way to execute. I'm guessing the second movie will embrace all the cosmic madness so we'll see what they do therem
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    StoneColdMikey
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Modred vs Pennywise? Who will win?
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif

• iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    I was shaking my head at how unimaginative it all was. The deadlights are the creature's true form. You expect them to be a form of devastatingly chaotic light the way the book describes em. Unlike anything ever seen before.

In the movie it's just 3 nightlights lol smh no imagination whatsoever. Even the mini series wisely avoided explicitly showing them since they didn't have an otherwordly way to execute. I'm guessing the second movie will embrace all the cosmic madness so we'll see what they do therem

Budget and yes the second one they said is what will get into more about Pennywise.
    tumblr_nycwg4lQ121qzco77o1_500.gif

Hulkbuster_suit_up_660_12fps_256c.0_zpsmvju6kap.gif

[img][/img]images-4_zpspafe6bfb.jpg
    Meester
  • Focal PointFocal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonPosts: 16,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Modred vs Pennywise? Who will win?

May have to lean toward Mordred, seems like he's suppose to way better then Penny and the 2.0 version the Crimson King or at least his equal
    Ajackson17
  • mc317mc317 Chief Of Goddamn Station Dark Side of The MoonPosts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Hail Georgies fuckin arm
    Cold Sardines Cold Sardines fuck em and feed em Cold Sardines