What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official 2016/17 Football/Soccer Thread

FigoFigo 100% TrinidadianMarylandPosts: 8,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
New Football Season ahead!!
@infamous114 @Stew
Foreign Nation|PG County, MD

HundredEyes water ur seedsdontdiedontkillanyonValentinez A. KaiserCeLLaR-DooR

Replies

• HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSV Eindhoven mofos! Champions of Holland, lords of the Champions League and kings of europe.
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall copped Vincent Janssen @Mseries_ bro had a great season with AZ, hope he can make it on prem lvl. Loads of ex eredivisie playas in your squad, Dembele, Eriksen, Chadli, Vertonghen, Aldeirwereld and now Vincent
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 17,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAHGWARN...

Predicted finishes:

1. United
    2. City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Spurs
    5. Liverpool
    6. Arsenal

tumblr_nl24prN7XK1suekw5o1_500.gif
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

aUPgli.gif
    HundredEyes FigoValentinez A. Kaiser
  • chgarcia345chgarcia345 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    China to host new international tournament to boost national side

Chinese real estate, entertainment and sports conglomerate Wanda says it will host an annual "China Cup" tournament, which will begin next year and feature four national teams.

Wanda on Wednesday said it had reached agreement with FIFA, soccer's world governing body, for the China Cup to be an officially recognised tournament -- meaning results would count toward the FIFA World Ranking.

Wanda said it would invite "first-class national teams from Europe and the Americas," so that the Chinese team would learn from playing against high-quality opposition.

http://www.espnfc.us/china/story/2912241/wanda-to-host-annual-china-cup-to-boost-national-side

Schedule too crowded as is...
    StillFaggyAFdontdiedontkillanyonValentinez A. KaiserCeLLaR-DooR
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

Corazon alianza lima CARAJO

hqg-277.gif

• FigoFigo 100% Trinidadian MarylandPosts: 8,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TAHITH CHONG, this carlos valderamma aura kid might be something in the future. Holland youth!!
    [url="
    Foreign Nation|PG County, MD

• Mseries_Mseries_ Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall copped Vincent Janssen @Mseries_ bro had a great season with AZ, hope he can make it on prem lvl. Loads of ex eredivisie playas in your squad, Dembele, Eriksen, Chadli, Vertonghen, Aldeirwereld and now Vincent

gzee2vjsn8kg.jpg

YEAH! Shout out to the eredivisie B)
    HundredEyes
  • TheRicanKingTheRicanKing Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I'll be doing my epl predictions when we are nearer to opening match day and more transfers are done but
    WAHGWARN...

Predicted finishes:

1. United
    2. City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Spurs
    5. Liverpool
    6. Arsenal

[
    img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/d1e56a68b2a0807eadad108a9b17bdbf/tumblr_nl24prN7XK1suekw5o1_500.gif[/img]

As of right now I'd have to agree. Even though arsenal hardly do anything in the transfer window, this season's going to punish them if they continue the same shit.
    water ur seeds
    edited July 2016
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    WAHGWARN...

Predicted finishes:

1. United
    2. City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Spurs
    5. Liverpool
    6. Arsenal

WTF dude, u know damn well Wenger will always find a way to finish 2nd-4th.

I know I was just joking... Kind of haha but like @TheRicanKing says, I reckon this season IF Wenger doesnt spend this window I think Arsenal could get punished...
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

aUPgli.gif
  • DNB1DNB1 Still nigga... Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juve agree £78m deal for Higuain.

Wenger got no pull...lol
    toheeb27water ur seedsbigev240CeLLaR-DooRValentinez A. KaiserdontdiedontkillanyonTsotsi Cape Town
    DNB1 wrote: »

Wenger got no pull...lol

Already spending their Pogba money....

I'm thinking this too, they gotta recoup, surely?!
    Jordan Ibe to Bournemouth for £15mil, crazy money... Hes got mad potential, but I think Liverpool fans will be happy with that money...

aUPgli.gif
    TheRicanKingCeLLaR-DooRTsotsi Cape Town
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jordan Ibe to Bournemouth for £15mil, crazy money... Hes got mad potential, but I think Liverpool fans will be happy with that money...

If Ibe is going for 15, we should be able to get at least 20 for Bamford or Solanke.

If Ibe is going for 15, we should be able to get at least 20 for Bamford or Solanke.

Not sure about Patrick Bamford TBH, I thought he left years ago haha Has Solanke had that many Prem games??? Ibe looks to be a tricky dope winger and has good first class experience but if he was Spanish or not English he would probably go for like £7mil...

aUPgli.gif
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    China to host new international tournament to boost national side

Chinese real estate, entertainment and sports conglomerate Wanda says it will host an annual "China Cup" tournament, which will begin next year and feature four national teams.

Wanda on Wednesday said it had reached agreement with FIFA, soccer's world governing body, for the China Cup to be an officially recognised tournament -- meaning results would count toward the FIFA World Ranking.

Wanda said it would invite "first-class national teams from Europe and the Americas," so that the Chinese team would learn from playing against high-quality opposition.

http://www.espnfc.us/china/story/2912241/wanda-to-host-annual-china-cup-to-boost-national-side

Schedule too crowded as is...

This could be dope if the other three teams were selected in a way that didn't involve money
    DNB1 wrote: »

Wenger got no pull...lol

Ahahahhhahaaaaaaaaa
    78m for Higuain might be the craziest transfer of the summer.

Everyone knew what this guy could do when he was at Madrid, so much money flyin' around niggas don't care about gettin' mugged off
    Valentinez A. Kaiser
    edited July 2016
    78m for Higuain might be the craziest transfer of the summer.

Everyone knew what this guy could do when he was at Madrid, so much money flyin' around niggas don't care about gettin' mugged off

HIGUAIN UPDATE

Our colleagues at Sky in Italy have told us that Juventus are interested in signing Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain, who is keen to join the Italian champions.

No talks have taken place between the clubs, but Higuian has a 94m euro release and Juventus are willing to offer cash plus players to meet it.

If Napoli reject the players offered then they would allow Juventus to pay the release clause over two years rather than in one go. The players Napoli would consider are Simone Zaza, Roberto Pereyra, Stefano Sturaro and Daniel Rugani.

Napoli are also aware of interest from Arsenal but there has been no contact over that.