The Official 2016/17 Football/Soccer Thread

Replies

• dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These extra officials that UEFA insist on are so fucking useless.
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Rashford ain't nowhere near ready for the big time.

Niggas doubtin' the Young King smh
    DNB1SandinistaHundredEyesgns
  • Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #freerooney or nah?
    toheeb27
  • DNB1DNB1 Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #freerooney or nah?

Nah...

Can't believe I typed that!

toheeb27HundredEyesValentinez A. Kaiser
  • chgarcia345chgarcia345 Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 23,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mseries_ wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    yo who this new nigga and why is everyone new to this thread a Gunner

Welcome @Sandinista

I think that makes it 15 people now. I don't think any other sports team can boast those numbers on here. Maybe the Lakers and Cowboys but I doubt it.

I think it has to do with the colors and gun culture, certainly not based off recent success.

No.
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Rashford ain't nowhere near ready for the big time.

Niggas doubtin' the Young King smh

Not doubting him, just think he's being overused (although his form is picking up) and has been all season, there was literally about 20 games where he did nothing.

He'll be top dollar in a few years but he shouldn't be starting over martial as much as he has done.
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 23,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These last two penalty kicks got me weak lol
    CeLLaR-DooR
  • HundredEyesHundredEyes Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajax made it man! Fuck a Schalke...

Scum united is next...
    gns
  • HundredEyesHundredEyes Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21
    Shit, I forgot all about Rooney lol...

Hes probably on the phone right now with Arsenal FC...not to join em, just to get advice on how to live as a forgotten champion hahahaha
    SandinistaValentinez A. KaiserFigogns
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 46,326 Regulator
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Arsenal ain't getting that Champions League spot. As much as I want Martial going to Arsenal would be a step down for him.

Which sucks because the Gunners need a complete squad overhaul this summer...New right back, a new burly central midfielder to take over Cazorla's place, a new number 10 if Ozil leaves, a New right winger to compete with Walcott, a new striker for when Alexis leaves...goddamn just typing all that made me depressed.

The best we can do is raid lower teams imho. Get that nigga Gylfi Sigurdsson from Swansea, try for Mahrez and Vardy again, that defender from Southampton everyone wants....

What's good sir, fellow North London football fan here. Are you from Nicaragua? I know the CIA had Rick Ross selling Cocaine for the Contras back in the day............

Anyway most important question Wenger IN or OUT?

What up. I'm Brazilian by birth, Virginian by upbringing, Gunner by the grace of God. I also admire Augusto Cesar Sandino, a warrior who fought to free his people from economic oppression and exploitation.

I'm Wenger IN....for now. Homeboy has done a lot for the club and he needs to GO but honestly, right now is not a good time. We obviously don't have a succession plan in place...the team is in disarray and needs rebuilding and we're not gonna be able to snatch quality players while not playing in Europe next year.

Like it or not we're stuck with the Old Man. But I do think he should announce this summer that he's leaving at the end of 2017-2018.

Lol I'm Nica. Unfortunately, the Sandinista party didn't go in that direction.
  • SandinistaSandinista Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Arsenal ain't getting that Champions League spot. As much as I want Martial going to Arsenal would be a step down for him.

Which sucks because the Gunners need a complete squad overhaul this summer...New right back, a new burly central midfielder to take over Cazorla's place, a new number 10 if Ozil leaves, a New right winger to compete with Walcott, a new striker for when Alexis leaves...goddamn just typing all that made me depressed.

The best we can do is raid lower teams imho. Get that nigga Gylfi Sigurdsson from Swansea, try for Mahrez and Vardy again, that defender from Southampton everyone wants....

What's good sir, fellow North London football fan here. Are you from Nicaragua? I know the CIA had Rick Ross selling Cocaine for the Contras back in the day............

Anyway most important question Wenger IN or OUT?

What up. I'm Brazilian by birth, Virginian by upbringing, Gunner by the grace of God. I also admire Augusto Cesar Sandino, a warrior who fought to free his people from economic oppression and exploitation.

I'm Wenger IN....for now. Homeboy has done a lot for the club and he needs to GO but honestly, right now is not a good time. We obviously don't have a succession plan in place...the team is in disarray and needs rebuilding and we're not gonna be able to snatch quality players while not playing in Europe next year.

Like it or not we're stuck with the Old Man. But I do think he should announce this summer that he's leaving at the end of 2017-2018.

Lol I'm Nica. Unfortunately, the Sandinista party didn't go in that direction.

And that's some sad shit.

But no amount of modern day fuckery can fuck with Sandino's legacy. The man had the biggest balls in Latin America. He challenged the might of the US and the Somozas and won. They had to resort to treachery to take him out.

I'm gonna make it to Nicaragua one day.
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Horrible news and a total shock as well. Rest in peace.
    Valentinez A. Kaiser
  • FigoFigo 100% Trinidadian MarylandPosts: 7,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ wow. cardiac arrest. i have little glimpses of him playing at aston villa with dwight yorke in the 90s. rip to him and condolences to his family.
    Real Madrid V Atleltico
    Monaco V Juventus
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Real Madrid V Atleltico
    Monaco V Juventus

giphy.gif#0-grid1
    chgarcia345Valentinez A. KaiserCeLLaR-DooRdontdiedontkillanyon
  • chgarcia345chgarcia345 Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    When does the Europa draw come out
    Any minute now
  • Mseries_Mseries_ Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Horrible news and a total shock as well. Rest in peace.

Even though he never played for SPURS, I appreciate the tremendous work he put in as a coach for the club.

He was a smart dude too, started a record label and signed The1975(never heard of them) who are one of the biggest bands in the UK right now.

I'm thinking this was a hereditary heart defect as I can think of a bunch of African players who had heart problems; Marc Vivian foe, fabrice mumba, Kanu.

Rest in peace Ugo Ehiogu.

edited April 21
    Ajax V Lyon
    Celta V Man U
  • Mseries_Mseries_ Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real Madrid V Atleltico
    Monaco V Juventus

Real Madrid vs Juventus final
    Ajax V Lyon
    Celta V Man U

Ajax vs Man Utd final

Man U got the best possible outcome to reach the final as I think Ajax will definitely give Man U more problems than Anderlecht and Lyon has Depay.....

we all know how those things go!
    Real Madrid V Atleltico
    Monaco V Juventus

Real Madrid vs Juventus final

Anyone but Real to win!

I'd actually prefer Real in the final and lose that way, then for Atletico to make it and lose another CL final