The Official 2016/17 Football/Soccer Thread

Replies

• infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 48,321 Regulator
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Mseries_ wrote: »
    Arsenal ain't getting that Champions League spot. As much as I want Martial going to Arsenal would be a step down for him.

Which sucks because the Gunners need a complete squad overhaul this summer...New right back, a new burly central midfielder to take over Cazorla's place, a new number 10 if Ozil leaves, a New right winger to compete with Walcott, a new striker for when Alexis leaves...goddamn just typing all that made me depressed.

The best we can do is raid lower teams imho. Get that nigga Gylfi Sigurdsson from Swansea, try for Mahrez and Vardy again, that defender from Southampton everyone wants....

What's good sir, fellow North London football fan here. Are you from Nicaragua? I know the CIA had Rick Ross selling Cocaine for the Contras back in the day............

Anyway most important question Wenger IN or OUT?

What up. I'm Brazilian by birth, Virginian by upbringing, Gunner by the grace of God. I also admire Augusto Cesar Sandino, a warrior who fought to free his people from economic oppression and exploitation.

I'm Wenger IN....for now. Homeboy has done a lot for the club and he needs to GO but honestly, right now is not a good time. We obviously don't have a succession plan in place...the team is in disarray and needs rebuilding and we're not gonna be able to snatch quality players while not playing in Europe next year.

Like it or not we're stuck with the Old Man. But I do think he should announce this summer that he's leaving at the end of 2017-2018.

Lol I'm Nica. Unfortunately, the Sandinista party didn't go in that direction.

And that's some sad shit.

But no amount of modern day fuckery can fuck with Sandino's legacy. The man had the biggest balls in Latin America. He challenged the might of the US and the Somozas and won. They had to resort to treachery to take him out.

I'm gonna make it to Nicaragua one day.

It's a beautiful country
    tumblr_oqf7jvQVoh1tnaufeo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_onj2y2VMMA1sc0ffqo4_540.gif
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 16,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely shocked/gutted about Ugo Ehiogu, back in the 90s he was the man when I was a kid growing up...
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

http://i.makeagif.com/media/9-04-2015/aUPgli.gif
    HundredEyes CeLLaR-DooRdontdiedontkillanyon
  • chgarcia345chgarcia345 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭
    toheeb27 wrote: »

@Sandinista
    Not too late to switch sides..
    Man city got Brazilian internationals
    Young_ChitlinSandinista
    Plus anyone think Zlatan's United career is over, or maybe his career even??? Savage injury and at that age its a cunt of thing to happen... Hopefully Rashford can step up and Zlatan stays around the training ground giving positive vibes and using his experience to help the young'uns...
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

• toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sandinista

Sit down man, we both know Chelsea is the home of Brazilians in England.
    Plus anyone think Zlatan's United career is over, or maybe his career even??? Savage injury and at that age its a cunt of thing to happen... Hopefully Rashford can step up and Zlatan stays around the training ground giving positive vibes and using his experience to help the young'uns...

Similar injury to Zouma, took him nine months to get back, and tbh, he has not looked the same as his previous self.
    @water ur seeds

btw, How is Tomori doing with u guys?
    @water ur seeds

btw, How is Tomori doing with u guys?

I think he actually looks a really good talent but made a few dodgy mistakes (though ive only seen him play 2-3 times) but being in defence it could (and has been) costly and I thought with Brighton kicking on for promotion at the time getting a young player in on loan, in defence at that, didnt make sense, I thought they needed an experienced defender if anything to cover, but its worked out well...

So now I think it would be interesting/dope to see him get a few games in a row before he goes back to Chelsea... I think defenders need more 'in game' coaching, experienced defenders and keepers talking to them the whole time helping them through games to progress... Funny I think someone (like terry) would be ideal but hes leaving and not getting games so that clearly doesnt look like its gonna happen...

But yeah man, I think you got a really good talent, I just hope he comes through your ranks... Whats also dope is he has experienced promotion and possibly winning a league title!!! (but then so has akpom though and he will prolly end up in league 2 haha)

• CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zlatan out for a year...
    Young_ChitlinFigodontdiedontkillanyonValentinez A. Kaiser
  • SandinistaSandinista Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭

@Sandinista

Maaaaaan fuck Gabriel, fuck Guardiola and fuck Man City as a Club, a team and as a mothefucking crew...

We'll get a Brazilian soon. A cheap one since we won't be playing in the champions league next season but still...

Real talk tho: I have zero confidence we'll City on Sunday. Our only dim hope is that City have a tendency to choke randomly. Maybe that's where we'll get out break.

My prediction: 2-1 City.
    FigoCeLLaR-DooRValentinez A. Kaiser

@Sandinista

Maaaaaan fuck Gabriel, fuck Guardiola and fuck Man City as a Club, a team and as a mothefucking crew...

We'll get a Brazilian soon. A cheap one since we won't be playing in the champions league next season but still...

Real talk tho: I have zero confidence we'll City on Sunday. Our only dim hope is that City have a tendency to choke randomly. Maybe that's where we'll get out break.

My prediction: 2-1 City.

Lol I'm glad you're here, even tho' you're an Arsenal fan @Sandinista. Always good to see new niggas in the European footie threads.

So what's your story?

(I support Man Utd)

edited April 22
    Yo @Utd man I'm hearin' Zlatan is out for a year
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juventus have signed midfielder Rodrigo Bentancur from Argentinian side Boca Juniors in a deal worth £8million.

The 19-year-old will join the Serie A champions next season after impressing during his two seasons at La Bombonera.

Bentancur, who was once on Manchester United's radar, penned a five-year-deal at the Turin club and will officially become a Juventus player on July 1.
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• northside7northside7 Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spuds haven't won an FA Cup semi since 91.
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arsene Wenger out campaign knows no bounds as Arsenal fan spotted with sign at Cleveland Cavaliers' NBA play-off clash with Indiana Pacers

Vociferous Arsenal fans intent on removing the most successful manager in their club's history continue to spread the 'Wenger out' message internationally.

The latest sighting of protest against Arsene Wenger was in Cleveland at the Quicken Loans Arena as the Cavaliers
    hosted the Indiana Pacers in game two of their NBA play-off series.

A Cavs fan was picked out in a video on Twitter holding up a handwritten 'Wenger out' sign. It is unclear whether this new source of pressure from Ohio will have Wenger questioning his position.

3F74940200000578-0-image-m-50_1492778474169.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4432596/Arsene-Wenger-sign-spotted-Cleveland-play-clash.html#ixzz4eyHfVvug

The 'Wenger Out' campaign is real out here, brah.
    CeLLaR-DooRFigoValentinez A. KaiserHundredEyes