What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official 2016/17 Football/Soccer Thread

Replies

• northside7northside7 Posts: 24,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh Leicester don't respect themselves

I hope they get relegated next season.
    Young_Chitlin
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta give props to Tottenham for being professional... They could of downed tools after knowing they couldnt win the title...
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

http://i.makeagif.com/media/9-04-2015/aUPgli.gif
    Sanchez now needs four goals for sole possession of the golden boot. Three to tie for a split.

They better feed him.
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which one of u mfers is signing my boy next season? He is going to tear shit up....

toheeb27 wrote: »
    Which one of u mfers is signing my boy next season? He is going to tear shit up....

Most likely Arsenal. City, United, and Chelsea are going for the name brand strikers.

Sanchez and most likely Giroud will be gone. He'll get plugged in as a starter in short time.

If he's cheap, I could see it possibly happening.
    toheeb27
    northside7 wrote: »

Most likely Arsenal. City, United, and Chelsea are going for the name brand strikers.

Sanchez and most likely Giroud will be gone. He'll get plugged in as a starter in short time.

If he's cheap, I could see it possibly happening.

I would love him at Arsenal if Wenger stays and Sanchez leaves.
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 28,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @2stepz_ahead

Watford players will actively seek to quit the club this summer if manager Walter Mazzarri remains in charge next season.

The growing rift between sections of the Hornets squad and their Italian manager has reached breaking point.

And Watford sources claim that a significant number of the current squad will look for an escape route out of the club if Mazzarri is kept on with morale among the squad at rock-bottom.

i was around at the Radisson chillin N the FC Basel team came thru to stay....didn't know who was famous si just gave them bead nodd
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

HundredEyes
  • MancManc Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    WTF, Kane trying to single-handedly win the fantasy league for @Manc , SMH

At least I managed to make it somewhat respectable at the end gap was too great I've been taking hits every week playing catch up
  • bigev240bigev240 Illpix O.G. Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bigev240 Everton kit next season looks Rangers-esque

The new kits are ok.

Loves Zlatan, but the jokes on him this season isn't it?

Not if we win the Europa League...
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

blue_london
  • TheRicanKingTheRicanKing Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those draws and losses making you feel confident for Ajax? Haha.
    toheeb27dontdiedontkillanyon
  • TheRicanKingTheRicanKing Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19
    I have to say though, assuming united win against Ajax. I think we'll have a great showing of PL teams in the champions league next season. I expect all to make it at least to the RO16..

Liverpool = Wild card and thrives against the big teams. We love being the underdogs. Major weakness are the little teams who sit back.

Manchester United = Very experienced manager in Europe and despite their crap results this season, they have a good core of players to build on.

Manchester City = Same as United except farther ahead.

Tottenham = Poch has done nothing with them in the big tournaments, I'm sure it's going to change though.

Chelsea = Champions, great players and great manager. I expect them to go the farthest.
    Arsenal = Europa League winners
    toheeb27Sandinista
  • Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently Usmanov tried to buy Arsenal but Kroenke wouldn't sell

Arsenal from upper management, manager and players is gonna be the most interesting club to watch over the Summer
    Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov makes £1billion bid to take full control of Gunners but Stan Kroenke is not willing to sell

Uzbekistan metals magnet Usmanov made the massive offer in a recent letter to American sports mogul Stan Kroenke, who owns 67 per cent of the club.

It's understood Kroenke did not initially turn down the fortune, which values Arsenal at over £1.6billion with Usmanov owning 30 per cent already. But he has indicated over the last week that he will not be selling.

But Arsenal, who are in grave danger of not qualifying for the Champions League for the first time in two decades, are a club in flux with a dysfunctional management structure.

Manager Arsene Wenger's future is still unclear, there is an absentee owner in Kroenke, a lame duck chairman in Chips Keswick and an ineffectual chief executive in Ivan Gazidis who is believed to have a poor working relationship with Wenger.

Usmanov, whose bid would have given Kroenke a profit of over four-times what he paid for his shares, is more critical of the American than Wenger.

He believes Kroenke has not invested enough in Arsenal and has been happy to keep the status quo of ever-rising profits from Wenger delivering Champions League football for 20 years.

Neither Arsenal nor Usmanov's camp have offered comment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4523470/Arsenal-news-Alisher-Usmanov-makes-1billion-bid.html#ixzz4hYHgVl8W
    dontdiedontkillanyonSandinista
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @chgarcia345 Alexi Gomez got a call up for the national team
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

Those draws and losses making you feel confident for Ajax? Haha.

Without our first team, yeah... Jose aint gonna let the team lose this... *prays*...

TheRicanKingtoheeb27Figo
    My favorite and MOST SATISFYING Chelsea goal of the season.

yung$
    £1B? Cmon man. Start at £3B.
    toheeb27CeLLaR-DooRDNB1
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cruz Azul will sign Raul Ruidiaz from Monarcas de Morelia

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

@Figo inter is looking at signing di maria

hqg-277.gif

• CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol nigga try low-ball smh
    northside7
    Mauro Icardi got a call up for Argentina national team

hqg-277.gif

Sandinista
  • Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

"hey...hey c'mon man I'm trying here! WengerOut and all that fam!"

usmanov_3398702b.jpg
    HundredEyes
  • chgarcia345chgarcia345 Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭
    @chgarcia345 Alexi Gomez got a call up for the national team

Do u think CALLENS from NYCFC deserves call up??