What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

What's your most valuable comicbook and/or collectible?

Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices.H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
Whether it be an action figure, comicbook, rare video game, anything you may collect or have that people will call you a nerd for owning? Also how long do you plan on holding on to it? Or have you ever almost sold it? Anything you already did sell for some good money? Drop them nerd stories!

Replies

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My collection is newer, but for me it's this:

hk00bm4y2vm5.jpg

Justice league #1 from the new 52. Jim Lee sketch variant. I've read when this book dropped, for every 200 copies of the book a shop purchased, ONE of these variants were given to the shop. Last I checked online there was an eBay add selling it for 200. Dunno how much it's really worth though.

texas409Paprika#1hiphopjunki3
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zmblly4aui22.jpg

Also from new 52. Batman #1 variant. Can't recall the artist but I don't think it was capullo. Saw this on ebay for 80 bucks.
    texas409
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the death of Superman when he split into four ppl.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

Lou_Cyphergns
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,665 Regulator
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    matches malonegns
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,665 Regulator
    the death of Superman when he split into four ppl.

I have the "funeral for a friend" one but not all four of them

This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
  • matches malonematches malone These neeghas have no respect for me. Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I dont really have anything worth too much honestly.

- Gi Joe #50
    - The Man of Steel #1 -5
    - all of those Jim Lee X-Mens
    - every issue of the Infinity Gauntlet
    - A death of superman in the black wrapping with red letters. Got that framed in my office at work

no idea if any of them are worth anything though
    dat boi
    Lou_CypherSion
    I'll be back with a pic but my rarest is the Thor comic with Wrecker where he makes his appearance.

• zzombiezzombie Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have every volume of gantz and some volumes go for more than $100 on ebay
    Lou_Cyphergns
    What's grantz? That an indie comic? @zzombie
  • PaprikaPaprika Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »

I did not know this time to make an investment. Did you follow the manga as it jumped off the deep end?

I have Spider-Girl's first two appearances, think they go from $25-$50 a piece.
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a Spawn #1. Idk what it's worth tho
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Lou_Cypher
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    What's grantz? That an indie comic? @zzombie

it's an out of print manga, there is an anime and 2 live actions movies but they are nowhere as good as the manga
    Lou_Cypher
    Paprika wrote: »

I did not know this time to make an investment. Did you follow the manga as it jumped off the deep end?

I followed it all the way to the end and it's crazy and fun as fuck to read unfortunately i am missing volume 3 and it's going for anywhere from 79- 125 and i am not feeling paying so much for a book that originally retailed for about $13
  • gnsgns Bleeding 24/7 Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These hoes bruh
    I collect these hoes!
    zzombieLou_Cypher
  • PaprikaPaprika Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

I followed it all the way to the end and it's crazy and fun as fuck to read unfortunately i am missing volume 3 and it's going for anywhere from 79- 125 and i am not feeling paying so much for a book that originally retailed for about $13

You may be able to find it at a comic book store. There was one in Toronto that still had volumes 1-12 still sealed. Unfortunately they closed. I think I know where they sent their stock though.

You may be able to find it at a comic book store. There was one in Toronto that still had volumes 1-12 still sealed. Unfortunately they closed. I think I know where they sent their stock though.

I have been searching but as of yet no luck
    Ha
    I actually have all of Gantz
    Its one of those rare mangas that I read online and actually went out and bought
    Them japs got lazy as hell in the end
    gns wrote: »
    Ha
    Its one of those rare mangas that I read online and actually went out and bought

How much do you want for vol 3???
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Cain wrote: »
    Used to have Avengers #1 and Hulk with the first appearance of wolverine in it. I had a lot first issues back in the day and they were worth $1000's then. Moved to Charlotte and like 4mos later my parents basement flooded. Needless to say a nigga was disgusted and hurt, lost all of them except maybe 20 out of 800.

Shit I need a drink man :(

Man same here i had the some Avengers anniversary editions, scott and Jean grey wedding, death of superman, the bane breaks Batman's back comic, spawn #1 and a whole bunch of others and my mama threw them all away when I left for college. Shit hurts
    UnknownUser
    Ha

Bruh just go to midtown comics on 40th and order some back issues @zzombie
    If they aint got it idk I like my collection i be re reading them
    Ha

Bruh just go to midtown comics on 40th and order some back issues @zzombie
    If they aint got it idk I like my collection i be re reading them

nah i'm good is was lucky to find it in a used book store in perfect condition this weekend and to make things better i only paid 6 dollars
    gns#1hiphopjunki3
    Cain wrote: »
    Used to have Avengers #1 and Hulk with the first appearance of wolverine in it. I had a lot first issues back in the day and they were worth $1000's then. Moved to Charlotte and like 4mos later my parents basement flooded. Needless to say a nigga was disgusted and hurt, lost all of them except maybe 20 out of 800.

Shit I need a drink man :(

This is the saddest story ive ever read. This is comparable to the hurricane sandy disaster.
    #1hiphopjunki3
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    As kid in early mid 90's grew up on Marvel..Spider Man, Web Of Spider Man, Spectactular Spider Man, Amazing Spider Man, X Men, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Daredevil, Punisher, New Warriors, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Silver Sable etc

Image was up on Spawn, Deathblow and Savage Dragon.

Also had every Milestone Comic..Icon, Static, Blood Syndacite, Hardware

While Moving..some one broke in the trunk of the car and took them shits.

Man I'm still pissed off about that.
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

IC Battle Rap Stans Most Hated.

s-l300.jpg
    Lou_Cypher
  • DupacDupac Retired PurgatoryPosts: 68,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i gotta bunch of old wally west from the late 80's/early 90's laying around the house

Lou_Cypher