What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Amazon Fire TV/KODI

Replies

• StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 51,861 Regulator
    AP21 wrote: »
    I'm not updating from 16.1 until it starts giving m problems.

lol

i was getting problems b/c of the post i just made

i havent had an issue since

Same.
    AP21
  • dasmooth1dasmooth1 Posts: 160 ✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »
    well, anybody get the prompt for krypton 17.1?

17.0 hasnt worked for me the last two days

i'ma d/l 17.1 and see if that fixes it but basically they are saying that a bunch of the servers are now adding the s in https and that the 17.1 is the only version that recognizes these

i may have said something incorrectly tho

a few of my sports streams for UK football (soccer) on SportsDevil have stopped working recently. Maybe this is why? Movies and TV shows on Exodus still been working fine though
  • wilberdmillzwilberdmillz Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not updating from 16.1 until it starts giving m problems.

Looks like I spoke to soon.
    This might not be the news you want to hear, but upgrading to the latest version of Kodi is pretty much necessary if you want to continue to enjoy streaming the way you want to. More and more streaming sites are moving to HTTPS, and older versions of Kodi do not offer HTTPS support. This means that at this point you really have no choice but to upgrade to Kodi 17.1 Krypton. This isn’t something that’s just going to go away, might as well do it now. Don’t sweat it though, upgrading Kodi is not very difficult.

If you’re still on an older version of Kodi, you may have noticed that many sources (particularly HD ones) don’t load anymore. Despite the many complaints we receive, this has nothing to do with us or our Kodi addons, it has to do with your Kodi version not supporting HTTPS. Sooner or later all sites will be streaming sources, at which point older versions of Kodi will be rendered useless. Once you’ve upgraded to Kodi 17.1 Krypton, everything will play splendidly again.

https://tvaddons.ag/upgrade-kodi-krypton/

I read this as I'm watching Friday on Kodi 16.1. Guess I'll upgrade one of my devices to see how 17.1 works/runs.
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i JUST said that on the last page lol
    banginscrew901wilberdmillz
    My bad @AP21 lol, I sped read your post and missed that part. Crazy thing is I haven't had any problems watching HD stuff on 16.1 yet. I guess the issues are coming sooner or later which is why I'll go ahead and update the device in my room and leave 16.1 on the device in my living room for now until I'm sure 17.1 is stable and reliable.
    AP21
    My bad @AP21 lol, I sped read your post and missed that part. Crazy thing is I haven't had any problems watching HD stuff on 16.1 yet. I guess the issues are coming sooner or later which is why I'll go ahead and update the device in my room and leave 16.1 on the device in my living room for now until I'm sure 17.1 is stable and reliable.

It only happens on certain shows on certain days but definitely gettin worse by the day.
    AP21
  • Smokey Tha BanditSmokey Tha Bandit NO FUCKS GIVEN Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7
    man I been wanting to hop on this firestick/kodi wave but I know the feds gonna kick this pillow fort over eventually...
    man I been wanting to hop on this firestick/kodi wave but I know the feds gonna kick this pillow fort over eventually...

Streaming isnt illegal bruh.
    Stew wrote: »

Im not claiming to be a legal expert on this topic but as far as I understand, no its not illegal for me to stream but it the site Im watching it on could get shut down for illegally providing streaming.

IDK you tell me... I just dont wanna make the switch and jump from cable then boom kodi ded.
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8
    Man the hd stuff is real scarce right now lol

I've literally been watching links disappear for the last few hours, there doesn't seem to be any solution in thw pipeline from what i've read.

Im not claiming to be a legal expert on this topic but as far as I understand, no its not illegal for me to stream but it the site Im watching it on could get shut down for illegally providing streaming.

IDK you tell me... I just dont wanna make the switch and jump from cable then boom kodi ded.

U gotta ask a Kodi vet, I've gotten my $40 worth in a month in a half.
  • banginscrew901banginscrew901 Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gone get you one it's easy to put kodi on it. Hell you'll get your 40 bucks worth in one weekend. I've. Been watching the old xmen cartoons And other stuff for free as oppose to going And buying the box DVD set or watching it on YouTube. Not to mention all the old movies you may want to watch. That pulse build I have has a workout section And has ALL of those workout videos on there.

And you don't have to really cut cable all the way off just cut your premium channels and get basic.

Gone pull the trigger set it up call one/ main gals over chill and watch movies.
    Oh yea not to mention you get to watch all the sports even games that are blacked out in your area.
    Maywooddnyce215
    edited April 9

Gone get you one it's easy to put kodi on it. Hell you'll get your 40 bucks worth in one weekend. I've. Been watching the old xmen cartoons And other stuff for free as oppose to going And buying the box DVD set or watching it on YouTube. Not to mention all the old movies you may want to watch. That pulse build I have has a workout section And has ALL of those workout videos on there.

And you don't have to really cut cable all the way off just cut your premium channels and get basic.

Gone pull the trigger set it up call one/ main gals over chill and watch movies.

what about college football tho? heard thats hard to swing on kodi... I need them fox sports channels
    Maywood

what about college football tho? heard thats hard to swing on kodi... I need them fox sports channels

You can get all that. Only downside with any of the live channels you can't flip back and forth smoothly like with cable
    Maywood
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,199 Regulator
    Y'all barely on 17.1 Krypton? I been on that. Much better than the last. But nothing is updating. Anyone else having that?
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
  • MaywoodMaywood Never Told On NobodyPosts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all barely on 17.1 Krypton? I been on that. Much better than the last. But nothing is updating. Anyone else having that?

Did mines today no issues @ all watched so many games & movies today...Are ya'll sure your doing a fresh install before loading/lauching a new Kodi ?
    Say No More
    ^ Nigga how you go come in gloating about some shit and it aint working right for you lol? I've had 17.1 on my firestick for three day and shit working perfectly, updates just like it did on 16.1. I have to get a new tv box though since 17.1 only works on android 5.0 and above. Box still working perfect with 16.1 so in no rush.
    Thereal_badnyce215
    jan2gndhvpl2.gif
    Your better than this
    Say No More
    wilberdmillz
  • C da Night KingC da Night King Antisocial Extrovert Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we start posting here when HD versions of movies drop on Kodi?

Logan out by the way.
    MaywoodStewdasmooth1
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just updated to the 17.1 version now my Exodus wont work plus my basketball games been glitching too. Anybody else having problems
    Stew
    edited April 16
    Watch & Subscribe to all this guy's channel/video all your ?s will be answered your welcome @texas409
    Say No More
    texas409dasmooth1
  • MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAN MY SHYT STILL JUST CUTTIN OFF WHEN IT WANTS TO...
    iw23gx.jpg
    Stewbanginscrew901CJtexas409
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    MAN MY SHYT STILL JUST CUTTIN OFF WHEN IT WANTS TO...

Did yiy buy a bootleg version of the fire stick?

Nah but you might need to do a fresh restart on it.
    Maywood