What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 23,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-protest-of-national-anthem
Colin Kaepernick explains protest of national anthem

SANTA CLARA, Ca. -- Forty Niners quarterback Colin Kaepernick has willingly and knowingly immersed himself into controversy by refusing to stand for the playing of the national anthem in protest of what he deems are wrongdoings against African Americans and minorities in the United States.

His latest refusal to stand for the anthem -- he has done this in at least one other preseason game -- came before the 49ers preseason loss to Green Bay at Levi's Stadium.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game against Green Bay. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

The 49ers issued this statement: "The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."

By taking a stand for civil rights, Kaepernick, 28, joins other athletes, like the NBA's Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony and several WNBA players in using their platform and status to raise awareness to issues affecting minorities in the U.S.

However, refusal to support the American flag as a means to take a stand has brought incredible backlash before and likely will in this instance. The NBA's Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf of the Denver Nuggets, formerly Chris Jackson before converting to Islam, refused to acknowledge the flag in protest, citing similar reasons as Kaepernick and saying that it conflicted with some of his Islamic beliefs.

Abdul-Rauf drew the ire of fans and was briefly suspended by the NBA before a compromise was worked out between the league and player, who eventually stood with his teammates and coaches at the playing of the national anthem.

Kaepernick said that he is aware of what he is doing and that he knows it will not sit well with a lot of people, including the 49ers. He said that he did not inform the club or anyone affiliated with the team of his intentions to protest the national anthem.

"This is not something that I am going to run by anybody," he said. "I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. ... If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right."

Kaepernick said that he has thought about going public with his feelings for a while but that "I felt that I needed to understand the situation better."

He said that he has discussed his feelings with his family and, after months of witnessing some of the civil unrest in the U.S., decided to be more active and involved in rights for black people. Kaepernick, who is biracial, was adopted and raised by white parents and siblings.

Kaepernick's Twitter feed is filled with civil rights Tweets and messages.

The former Super Bowl starting quarterback's decision to go public comes while he is fighting for his football life with the 49ers, who drafted him in the second round in 2011. He lost his starting job last season after being one of the most promising players in the NFL during his run under former coach Jim Harbaugh.

Over the past few months, his relationship with management has turned sour. He requested a trade last spring, which never came to fruition. He also has spent most of the offseason rehabilitating from operations to his left (non-throwing) shoulder, his hand and knee. That left him unable to fully compete with Blaine Gabbert for months and now, just weeks before the regular season starts, has him seemingly in a bind to regain his starting job.

He made his preseason debut against the Packers and played for the second quarter, completing two of six passes for 14 yards. He looked as rusty as you'd expect from someone who has not played since last November.

Following the game and without any knowledge of Kaepernick's non-football behavior, coach Chip Kelly said that there has never been any discussion about cutting Kaepernick.

Billy-D_Approves.gif
vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
MeesterWhite_Owl_WillieMr.LVeastbay510CapitalBatribecalledgabiCeLLaR-DooRBangEm_Bart Ajackson17Built 4 cuban linxxxCivicxxillestni99ainneHerbalVaporCaperssilverfoxxprime_time_willyGhostdenithegawdMister B.jonostackmaster 313OhioState1987BigBallsNoWorriesLos2165th LetterMD_PROPER SionTheBoyRobless the childnc8132DaysOfInfinitiStoneColdMikeyHevaliskdwade206313 wayz_God_NeighborhoodNomad. MelqartMuhannadKaiAllah_U_AkbarSneakDZAgivezero904not_osirus_jenkinsKingFreemansaracenwirevitoriathe dukesterblacktuxRecaptimus_Prime360CopperKoltrainking hassanNothingButTheTruthGhost313BenjaminEdeadeyeTrillfateSo ILLgnsJokerzWyldA Talented OneMaximus Rexrip.dillairon man1bossdon201Busta Carmichael MrCrookedLetterharry knucklezJungzLEMZIMUS_RAMSEYSuperManuelYoung StefAP21kid_khameleonReppinTimeAlready Home_17Valentinez A. Kaiser#1hiphopjunki3AZTGMalcolm Xtraleftcoastkevsoul rattlerKINGECBcotton5blackrainBender RodriguezWhoisDonG???Bussy_Getta THIRDSUPREMEI.B. BlackmanHarlemThumzUpmarc123dasmooth1dallas' 4 evatrilladelicS.jR.miamivice305MistyKnight T. SanfordMontyM.MaxBlackAX410PapaDoc223RobCoLifewhite715dnyce215IceManKamtexasdaking88Like WaterRue_FlexingtonPlutarchonetoughmiracleSuperSoakernex gindakidfrankieaneed123LcnsdbyROYALTYMoeWfreshb651MrMinimalistDupacBrideofKillaChi Snowwillhustlegalaxy_1221Cainlion_heartdamnkpLincolnSwiffness!BeleeDatPleighboy#jppsTaY_TrUenaledgestateMorganFreemanKingI Self Lord & Masterb'mer...DetroitPlayaamohamedbdbdbdIntelligent_Hoodlum DNB1dbrazil412Beefer77supergangstermrrealonebootcheese3000Jabu_RuleBrother_FiveBeech Oss Neegavictory_kidTrillaaaaaaSmokey Tha BanditA$AP_A$TONNah Son$ineedmoney$Matike85

Replies

• ThaNubianGodThaNubianGod Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake activism 101. Kap knows he's not going to be the QB, so he's tryin to stay relevant beyond the NFL. It would be one thing if he never stood for the anthem before, but what finally dawned on him before this season?

And "I have to stand up for people that are oppressed.". Like not standing for the anthem is doing shit. Chris Jackosn didn't stand for religious beliefs which I respect. But Kap is full of shit.

This is what real activism looks like....
    9932158.jpg

D0wnfuc_i_look_likeprime_time_willysilverfoxxGhostdenithegawdBangEm_Bart Olorun22Ajackson175th LetterStoneColdMikeydwade206infamous114lord nemesisMelqartMuhannadAllah_U_AkbarKingFreemanthe dukesterKoltrainTrillfateBreezy_KilroyNothingButTheTruthnot_osirus_jenkinsA Talented Onerip.dillaMrCrookedLetterReppinTimepachá12soul rattlerHarlemThumzUpmiamivice305BobOblahscoop1215Like WaterPlutarchBrideofKillaStewxxCivicxxBeech Oss NeegaTrillaaaaaa
  • Max.Max. All my friends bad guys Posts: 31,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get what hes doing but homie was raised/friends with nothn bout cacs
    KingFreemangnsA Talented OneJungzValentinez A. Kaisermiamivice305texas409EyeofAsaruxxCivicxx
  • jetlifebihjetlifebih Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm how convenient after he came back from arm surgery and stunk up the joint....fuck the 9ers...giants all day...big up kap for keeping it g on the demonstration tho he can be Eli's backup
    Built 4 cuban linxJungz
  • ThaNubianGodThaNubianGod Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »
    Fake activism 101. Kap knows he's not going to be the QB, so he's tryin to stay relevant beyond the NFL. It would be one thing if he never stood for the anthem before, but what finally dawned on him before this season?

And "I have to stand up for people that are oppressed.". Like not standing for the anthem is doing shit. Chris Jackosn didn't stand for religious beliefs which I respect. But Kap is full of shit.

This is what real activism looks like....
    9932158.jpg
    Taking a stand is taking a stand, u Dusty ass nigga.

1.The starting qb can always get injured.
    2. Kaep could of been traded to another team.
    3. Taking a stand is taking a stand, u Dusty ass nigga.

Not standing for the national anthem isn't any kind of stand. It literally does nothing. Kap is a millionaire, so if he's about helping the oppressed, there are actually things he can do with his money/influence to help. But not standing for the anthem isn't one of them.

Ajackson17D0wngnsA Talented Onerip.dillairon man1MrCrookedLettersoul rattlerwhatevathehellmiamivice305Cutler 26 INT's LOL!xxCivicxxJabu_Rule
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 29,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gabbert probably going to be starter now.. Smh

Christian Ponder still has a shot.
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
    Malcolm Xtrafreshb651
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 43,804 Regulator
    D0wn wrote: »
    Kaep been a real one...

All the real niggas been was calling him Minister Kapernick for a reason

2016_08_27_11_39_01.png

Yea it was only you calling him that. I'm surprised you didn't salute him.
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    ShizlanskygnsYoung Stefsoul rattlerD0wn
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aight I'm on board. 49ers all day
    Bustin a new nut on @R.D's moms collarbone everyday.
    eastbay510TrillfateBuilt 4 cuban linxTurfaholicStewMax.