What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Replies

• northside7northside7 Posts: 25,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Officially no longer fucking with the NFL

Were you watching it earlier? Most of us were boycotting. I know I was and the way things are going the NBA is going to enforce the same shit, so I won't be watching that either.

Not heavily this season. But I wont be tuning in at all anymore.

The NBA isnt going out of thier way to shut player rights down

They are.

Co-sign. Some naive thinking that the NBA wouldn't buckle under the same pressure.
    stringer bellplaymaker88
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 24,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    JusDre313
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven I don't knowPosts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even Wilbon is waking up...wow
    Cain
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven I don't knowPosts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol do you know who Wilbon is?

You saying I don't? That Sean Taylor comment left a bad taste in my mouth
    atribecalledgabi
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 13,302 Regulator

What happened with that?
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened with that?

given taylor’s past wilbon basically said he had it coming
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 26,760 Regulator

Yeah he's never apologized for that shit either properly. Both him and Colin Cowherd burned alot of bridges in DC with that bullshit
    grYmes
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 50,459 Regulator
    blackrain wrote: »

Yeah he's never apologized for that shit either properly. Both him and Colin Cowherd burned alot of bridges in DC with that bullshit

And Miami.
    TheBoyRo
  • Swiffness!Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACY Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    In the end Trump won.

Smh

Lol he focused on this instead of repealing Obamacare LOL

skz5vvx03k6c.png

6sses7dikmz1.png
    internet-reality.gif
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    dnyce215

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-ana-navarro-ben-ferguson-take-the-gloves-off-who-died-and-made-you-the-judge-of-blackness/
    Ana Navarro to Ben Ferguson: ‘Who Died and Made You the Judge of Blackness?’

Alisyn Camerota had the two conservative commentators start things off by asking for their thoughts about Eminem and his very viral slams against the president. Navarro defended the rapper for using his freedom of speech to rebuke Trump, though Ferguson thought Eminem was continuing a pattern of political opportunism in order to sell records.

The conversation continued to revolve around misogyny and hypocrisy as the three discussed whether the rapper’s past statements could be judged on the same standard as the president’s. Ferguson felt that the left is only embracing Eminem’s rough lyrics and subject matter because of his attacks on the president, though Navarro countered with “it is equally absurd for people to support a man who talked about grabbing women and get all holy roller when we talk the rapper.”

As the meltdown continued, Camerota tried to rein things in by moving the conversation towards Trump’s most recent comments about Colin Kaepernick and professional footballers who kneel for the national anthem. This eventually led to Ferguson calling Kapernick an attention-seeking “fraud” who disrespects America despite never voting or participating in other kinds of public demonstrations for his beliefs.

Navarro took issue with that, asking Ferguson “who died and made you the judge of blackness to tell Colin [Kaepernick] whether he voted or not allows him to have a political opinion?” From there, the two started fighting again about whether a person’s political perspective can only be defined by their voting records.
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

atribecalledgabiChi SnowInglewood_B
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20990443/dallas-cowboys-coaches-players-hold-meeting-national-anthem-comments-jerry-jones
    Jerry Jones sought bad guy role, source says

FRISCO, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, in a meeting on Wednesday with players and coaches, said his stance on the national anthem protests was rooted in a desire to play the bad guy and deflect attention from the players, according to a source.

In the meeting, Jones sought to ensure that players also saw the bigger picture regarding the business side of the situation, including concerns over TV ratings and sponsors, the source said.

Some Cowboys players were frustrated by the recent comments from Jones, who took a knee and stood arm-in-arm with them prior to the playing of the national anthem before a game against the Arizona Cardinals on Sept. 25.

One player said Jones expected the Cowboys will continue to stand during the anthem. Another said the players had a better feeling for Jones' comments, because at first he wondered if Jones had turned against them, according to the source.

Jones, in the team meeting held after practice, also offered the players a chance to speak with him one-on-one, the source said. Players had been told to bring their concerns about Jones' comments to the meeting.

"It went well," Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott said of the of the meeting, while attending a promotional event later Wednesday. "I mean we ironed out everything that we needed to at this time."

Since Sunday, Jones has been outspoken regarding his stance that players must "not disrespect the flag" and that they must stand for the anthem or they will be benched.

Speaking on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday, Jones said the players could express themselves prior to the national anthem in a similar manner to how the team handled things before their game at Arizona. Prior to the playing of the anthem at that contest, players stood arm in arm with Jones, other front-office executives, coaches and staff and took a knee. During the anthem, they stood arm in arm.

In the two games since, the Cowboys have stood on the sideline as normal.

"If there's anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play," Jones said after Sunday's loss to the Green Bay Packers. "Understand? We will not ... if we are disrespecting the flag, then we will not play. Period."

Jones reiterated the stance on numerous occasions since. A local labor union has filed a complaint to the National Labor Relations Board against the Cowboys, claiming Jones' threats prevent allowable, "concerted activity" at work. The team and the NFL declined comment on the filing.

By the time the locker room opened to the media on Wednesday, a good portion of the players had headed to their cars. Because the Cowboys are on their bye, there are no post-practice meetings. Those who did speak were tight-lipped. Cornerback Orlando Scandrick, a captain, said "no comment," seven different times to questions about Jones' recent statements and the anthem controversy.

Place-kicker Dan Bailey, who also is a captain, serves as the Cowboys' representative to the NFL Players Association. He said there have been numerous conference calls with the players' association regarding the situation.

"I think my first responsibility is to listen and provide that forum for them, and then my next job is to relay that to the people that I talk to in that representation," Bailey said. "So in that forum, I'm more of just a middleman, be an ear here in the locker room and provide feedback to them. And then, like I said, we can have the discussion amongst all the teams as far as that goes."

Bailey said the team's focus did not appear to be affected Wednesday.

"I think, from my position, the status quo is the same," Bailey said. "We come in every day to work and our focus is on practice and trying to win ballgames. So in that sense, yeah, I think we're definitely a unified group."

As the media entered the locker room on Wednesday, a song by YG and Nipsey Hussle came through Scandrick's wireless speakers. It was an explicit rap song directed at President Donald Trump, whose comments regarding players standing for the national anthem or be fired triggered collective protests from teams all across the league, including the Cowboys.

"I was listening to my music," Scandrick said. "I like that YG song."

Meanwhile, Lions safety Glover Quin, who is Detroit's union representative, said that when the NFLPA responds to Jones' remarks, it won't be ambiguous.

"The message will be put out," Quin said. "The message, it will be out. Clearly."

Time for everybody to move on Massa Jerry Jones was just playing the slave owner “bad guy” role.. So the players could see the big picture about ratings and sponsors.. I’m sure Trump calling him and begging him to help him look good had nothing to do with the things he said at all...
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

Chi Snow
  • dnyce215dnyce215 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

The teams he is praising has zone read concepts, but yet he said Kaep couldn’t get a Job without the zone read offense, smh
  • UndefeatableUndefeatable Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like Jerry Jones believes that the players would only protest because of peer or community pressure, not because they in good conscience object to the circumstances that are being protesting.

My question is, if he sincerely believes that, how in the hell did he come to believe it? It's gotta be because of the black Cowboy players. At the very least, they have failed to convey to him that they really care about these issues.

These most recent comments are not a good look for the black Cowboy players.
    Chi Snow