What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Never Forget:In 1985 Philadelphia police department dropped bombs on an entire community of blacks

13»

Replies

  • b'mer...b'mer... Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn!!! I knew of tulsa but never read about this. Where did u research this from. But we are supposed to turn the other cheek and mutually forget, pray (lol) and let our children dream to be police officers.
  • dnyce215dnyce215 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭
    I was three when this happens. They said the mayor Goode pushed the button for the green light without no fucks given. Shame about the kids that died, they could of been pillars of the community
  • rickmogulrickmogul black_samson Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭
    @MasterJayN100 ...We ain't 4 got. Listen 2 Public Enemies: Get out my way MOVE on the "Can't truss it" CD. They introduced me to this horrific part of our history. Salute 2 U for educating those on here who were unaware of this atrocity. The struggle continues! Stay up!
    MasterJayN100
  • MasterJayN100MasterJayN100 real niggaz move in silence Somewhere in this Big Ol WorldPosts: 10,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's why i feel like we should support movies like The Birth of a Nation
    giphy.gif
    kingblaze84
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 8,499 Regulator
    that's why i feel like we should support movies like The Birth of a Nation
    what if they're not really that good, though
  • MasterJayN100MasterJayN100 real niggaz move in silence Somewhere in this Big Ol WorldPosts: 10,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    that's why i feel like we should support movies like The Birth of a Nation
    what if they're not really that good, though

    still support.ive purchased movie tickets and never went to the actual movie just to support certain Actors or actresses i like
    giphy.gif
    ghostdog56kingblaze84
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 8,499 Regulator
    still support.ive purchased movie tickets and never went to the actual movie just to support certain Actors or actresses i like
    see, i feel like if the movie's bad, i don't want to send the message that you can produce shit but still be rewarded for it.

    i mean, i get your argument, but still
  • WiseKingWiseKing Posts: 110 ✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    still support.ive purchased movie tickets and never went to the actual movie just to support certain Actors or actresses i like
    see, i feel like if the movie's bad, i don't want to send the message that you can produce shit but still be rewarded for it.

    i mean, i get your argument, but still

    real brothers support anyway because these industries are run by white supremacists who will sabotage or work or only give us access to inferior resources when making a film. It doesn't have to be blockbuster quality because we don't have blockbuster money to do REAL black films, the spirit of the work just has to be righteous.
    FcujN3d.png
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 8,499 Regulator
    WiseKing wrote: »
    real brothers support anyway because these industries are run by white supremacists who will sabotage or work or only give us access to inferior resources when making a film. It doesn't have to be blockbuster quality because we don't have blockbuster money to do REAL black films, the spirit of the work just has to be righteous.
    a good film isn't required to be a blockbuster, period. plenty are not.

    but there's a point where poor quality does not deserve to be rewarded.
  • Ether44magEther44mag Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    WiseKing wrote: »
    real brothers support anyway because these industries are run by white supremacists who will sabotage or work or only give us access to inferior resources when making a film. It doesn't have to be blockbuster quality because we don't have blockbuster money to do REAL black films, the spirit of the work just has to be righteous.
    a good film isn't required to be a blockbuster, period. plenty are not.

    but there's a point where poor quality does not deserve to be rewarded.

    poor quality depends on the resources they had,If a movie is about something positive and/or a story that was hidden and needs to be told then if its low budget and bad because of the cheap actors and filmmaker it still needs to be supported because thats how in the future they will give bigger budgets to those kinds of projects...
    tumblr_o017j545Qo1rk74v1o1_400.gif
    raekwon-polo-ralph-lauren-usa-pullover-hoodie-sweater-wu-tang-clan.jpeg
    gif is Taylor Hing aka Chinesekitty


  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Fckn crazy that a 'first world' country would do such a thing...

    I posted about this a while ago in a Vinnie Paz tune:

    'Ask Ramona Africa, she'll tell you not to MOVE here', the lyric went over alot of peoples head...

    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

    http://i.makeagif.com/media/9-04-2015/aUPgli.gif
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 8,499 Regulator
    Ether44mag wrote: »
    poor quality depends on the resources they had,If a movie is about something positive and/or a story that was hidden and needs to be told then if its low budget and bad because of the cheap actors and filmmaker it still needs to be supported because thats how in the future they will give bigger budgets to those kinds of projects...
    false. a film can be a quality film on a low budget; a film can be a piece of shit on a big budget. good film-making is not strictly about the resources you have access to.

    if you do a great job with your low budget, yeah, you should get rewarded. if you produce shit, i'm not interested in supporting you on principle alone.
  • luke1733luke1733 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭
    can't forget what I didn't know, but i know now
    Meester
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.