What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Insecure (Season 2) HBO.

Replies

• Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 64,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    Koltrain wrote: »
    I can see Lawrence and Aparna becoming successful with their own mobile app venture...contrast to issa and her career struggling, living on Daniel couch.........catchin facials lol

Um, Issa has a respectable career, don't hate.

200w.gif

So working with underprivileged children is something to be ashamed of? So what she got reprimanded..who hasn't? Her boss overreacted.

Don't hate on her career choice just cause you don't like her personal decisions.

*in my mansplanning voice* okay calm down Kat dont get you knickers in a bunch.

Im just sayin even her attitude show her job aint shit really..

how so? Issa is a college graduate and she's working for a nonprofit organization doing something to better the community. What's ain't shit about that?
    Koltrain wrote: »
    I can see Lawrence and Aparna becoming successful with their own mobile app venture...contrast to issa and her career struggling, living on Daniel couch.........catchin facials lol

Um, Issa has a respectable career, don't hate.

200w.gif

So working with underprivileged children is something to be ashamed of? So what she got reprimanded..who hasn't? Her boss overreacted.

Don't hate on her career choice just cause you don't like her personal decisions.

*in my mansplanning voice* okay calm down Kat dont get you knickers in a bunch.

Im just sayin even her attitude show her job aint shit really..

how so? Issa is a college graduate and she's working for a nonprofit organization doing something to better the community. What's ain't shit about that?

They only saying that cuz she don't make a lot. If it paid better all of a sudden her job would be cool...

Both of yall know "We Got Yall" is an ain't shit organization. Issa being paid better would just allow her to live a better material lifestyle working for that bullshit ass organization. Most of those people in those staff meetings don't give a fuck about none of those kids and they don't even really know how to help those kids.

IMO that's why it ain't shit

I swear I wanna backhand slap her damn coworkers.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 64,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    I think that's gonna be the end of Lawrence on this show. It was like a closure episode. And if not his role is gonna be hella small

Being that he's not with Issa anymore pulls the show in too many directions.

No he isn't he will still be prominently featured like he was in the first 2 seasons!!!

Why tho? His character isn't really tied to anybody else now except Tasha's boyfriend.

And anything with him and Issa would be just spinning wheels

Well the show is called "Insecure"...he displayed a lot of that in the car wit Aparna.

If he's still wit her...we're gonna see more of that.
    King of GARevolver Ocelotatribecalledgabi
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't so much that he's fat it's just that Molly likes light skin dudes.

Nah its just that molly and issa got hoe tendencies

It's implied. Earlier in the season Molly said she wasn't feeling the dark skin dude and she couldn't put her finger on why. Even though the dark guy has everything going for him that she was looking for in a man. Most of her love interests have been light skin dudes. The gay guy, Jidenna, the other light skin guy and Dro.

Aint that a bitch smh
    LcnsdbyROYALTYCJKingFreeman
    So to recap...Lawrence's only W this season was calling issa a ho...

Issa's only W this season was........having molly as her best friend

Molly's only W was.....other job offers

As funny as this show is, shit is actually bleak af :# :/

The show works very well. Alot of us brothas and sistas can relate to the same shit goin on throughout the series.

Facts...when Lawrence was talking bout putting pressure on urself and the way u react when it doesn't go the way u planned....I felt that

His unemployment struggle hit home...sorta.
    Cain
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 13,657 Regulator

There are no winners here...well accept Daniel.

You skeet in a broad's eye...she curse you out
    ...but comes to stay wit yo azzz...AND sleep on the same couch she loss an eye!

Winning.

Nah Daniel is a fuckin sucka. Issa has him on a shelf and he continues to let himself be played by her.
    WestieKat

The show works very well. Alot of us brothas and sistas can relate to the same shit goin on throughout the series.

That's why I always thought that #LawrenceHive and #TeamIssa shit was funny and dumb...if you can only relate to/root for the females or only the males on the show and don't see some of yourself or others you know in all the characters, you're watching the show incorrectly.

I've been damn near every character at certain points in my life thus far. Right now I'm on my aparna/kelly/chad shit lol.
    Westie
  • JonnyRoccITJonnyRoccIT . . . Player Shit ONLY . ZONE 6 Atlanta, GAPosts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maaaaaan on the real, Lawrence aint even have to go outside and talk to Issa.....FOR WHAT??
    giphy.gif[img][/img]

I had the same exact reaction. Only reason he did it cuz he felt like they needed to clear the air...until it went south.

He brought that exotical bitch to a table full of black women who were ISSA'S friends...not his, made the situation completely awkward and uncomfortable and she had to exit? You better get the fuck up and come follow me to check if Im okay. Fuck wrong wit yall

:joy:

"Exotical"
    "GOD BLESS THE COLLAR POP . . ."

tumblr_mv8yr1BrOZ1qmwidzo1_500.gif
  • JonnyRoccITJonnyRoccIT . . . Player Shit ONLY . ZONE 6 Atlanta, GAPosts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad Issa saw the error of her ways and got on the same page as Frieda

Issa was a little harsh on Daniel tho he over talked and put his foot in his mouth

Aparna and Lawrence I knew they was gone hook up.

I thought the dinner party was going well until that 1 couple kept asking Lawrence how he knew Derek and kept asking until oh girl was like oh you dated Issa like you blockheads y'all talk 2 much.

Lastly Lawrence got in Issa ass and I think what we saw from Issa at the apartment was her hitting rock bottom.

EXACTLY WHAT SHE NEEDED TO HIT
    "GOD BLESS THE COLLAR POP . . ."

tumblr_mv8yr1BrOZ1qmwidzo1_500.gif
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15

That's why I always thought that #LawrenceHive and #TeamIssa shit was funny and dumb...if you can only relate to/root for the females or only the males on the show and don't see some of yourself or others you know in all the characters, you're watching the show incorrectly.

I've been damn near every character at certain points in my life thus far. Right now I'm on my aparna/kelly/chad shit lol.

I be mad at all these niggas because they do the stupidest shit...then i gotta look within like...yeah i've done something similar before.

Issa's constant skill of putting her foot in her mouth, Molly picking the toxic relationship, lawrence getting played, daniel letting himself be an option.

Damn let me go find a room for my feelings.

Wouldn't it be more Lawrence playing himself instead of him getting played?
    so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

They've all been playing themselves in a way. Only one who is fully conscious of them fuckin up tho is molly. She just dove into the fuckery

Meanwhile Lawrence sold his soul for $40 lmaooooo
    WestieKat
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't do that
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

sapp08_2001LcnsdbyROYALTY
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've all been playing themselves in a way. Only one who is fully conscious of them fuckin up tho is molly. She just dove into the fuckery

All very true.
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

• DaBullDaBull It's a Movement Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Winning.

nah, biggest winner is easily Dro

he basically undefeated right now
    35l6h3r.gif

"The only player who has put in the work and deserves comparison, is Kobe" - Jordan
    "Kobe Bryant has surpassed me as the greatest Laker" - Magic
    "If I want to have fun, I'll play with Lebron. If I want to win, I'm taking Kobe - Bird

2000-2001 Kobe
    28.5ppg 5.9rpg 5.0apg 1.7spg 46.4% FG

2000-2001 Shaq
    28.7ppg 12.7rpg 3.7apg 2.8bpg 57.2% FG
    Mister B.

Don't do that

Where did I lie???? Lol

And before anybody tries to make the "doesn't matter, had a threesome" point, what did he do immediately after leaving? Went back to the dunes and reminisced.....
    Westie
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaBull wrote: »

Winning.

nah, biggest winner is easily Dro

he basically undefeated right now

Dro & Daniel bussin nuts on Eyes & Thighs leff and right...and while the chicks they smashin gettin mad at em, they always find themselves Cummin back.

Playas of the Year!

Truth but i think daniel the true winner. Dro dumbass married and when wifey finds out hes smashing molly its a wrap. Daniel on the other hand is a producer that got his shit together. Bustin in faces and aint doin the similar bullshit the other characters on the show doin.
    313 wayz
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 50,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but Daniel is a rest haven....he essentially there cuz she cant do better right now
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

sapp08_2001atribecalledgabiRevolver OcelotLcnsdbyROYALTY
    but Daniel is a rest haven....he essentially there cuz she cant do better right now

This, cause he was kind of fucked up when he came to pick Issa up and she was like "we just friends right, we both seeing other people right?"

Their role reversal is funny though. When Issa wanted a relationship Daniel didn't. Now it seems like Daniel wants a relationship with Issa she don't.

sapp08_2001atribecalledgabi