OFFICIAL 2016-2017 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Replies

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

toheeb27CeLLaR-DooR
  • DaBullDaBull It's a Movement Posts: 9,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 more day!!!!
    35l6h3r.gif

"The only player who has put in the work and deserves comparison, is Kobe" - Jordan
    "Kobe Bryant has surpassed me as the greatest Laker" - Magic
    "If I want to have fun, I'll play with Lebron. If I want to win, I'm taking Kobe - Bird

2000-2001 Kobe
    28.5ppg 5.9rpg 5.0apg 1.7spg 46.4% FG

2000-2001 Shaq
    28.7ppg 12.7rpg 3.7apg 2.8bpg 57.2% FG
    toheeb27
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaBull wrote: »
    1 more day!!!!

giphy.gif
    DaBull
  • af.r.i.c.a.af.r.i.c.a. Fuck your reactions Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • joeyfkncrakkjoeyfkncrakk Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow is huge smh... when it gets around this time I try to care less about it by the hour.. it's worked out the last 2 years for me
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakers! SHOWTIME CARAJOOOOO!!!!!!!

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

hqg-277.gif

Lake show CARAJO

hqg-277.gif

• Jonah 2.0Jonah 2.0 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll save my excitement until I see what happens with the pick. I've heard Magic say things but I'm scared they might see a deal that they feel they can't refuse.
    Bet them Lonzo kicks seeing increase in revenue over the last hour... laugh now cry later, we on niggas!
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Looks like @af.r.i.c.a. won't be stopping by here anymore. Enjoy the 2nd round picks.

Fight me!
    aaron-gordon-dunk-gif.gif

block.gif
    toheeb27joeyfkncrakk
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like @af.r.i.c.a. won't be stopping by here anymore. Enjoy the 2nd round picks.

TALK THAT SHIT TOHEEB!

The Squadz.
    gjuke.0.gif
    tumblr_omf3lbg6TS1s3gys4o1_400.gif
    tumblr_oobas3UvQw1s3gys4o1_400.gif
    1*ului1JHmdGTNQIQDxqLWNA.gif
    toheeb27af.r.i.c.a.Breezy_Kilroy
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 66,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the academy award for best supporting actor goes to...
    aaron-gordon-dunk-gif.gif

block.gif
    toheeb27
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Summertime; still got on Bearfurz and Skully Nawf; Dat WayPosts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball or Fox. I'm good with either
    9KlgoZ5.jpg
  • goodlookinoutgoodlookinout You Bitch You Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in a perfect world you draft Fox
    Speed demon
    Plus defender
    Can put pressure on opposing guards because of speed and athleticism
    Decent shot can get better.

2nd 1st round pick either
    Draft a scorer you can bring off the bench
    Draft a young Euro and stash him
    Draft a young athletic rim protector
    Crenshaw-Los-Angeles-T-Shirts---Crewnecks---Hoodie-T-Shirts.jpg

Inglewood_B
    Package the HOU pick with Deng or Mozgov... for a salary dump, some team is thirsty for a 1st rounder and might bite only takes 1 dumb team rite
    toheeb27
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Summertime; still got on Bearfurz and Skully Nawf; Dat WayPosts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speed demon
    Plus defender

Yeah now that I had time to think on it I like Fox better
    9KlgoZ5.jpg
    :/

NBA commissioner David Stern, who infamously vetoed a proposed 2011 trade that would have sent All-Star point guard Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, said attempts to rework the deal at the time fell apart because then-Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak "panicked."

Appearing on the "Nunyo & Company" podcast, which was released last week, Stern discussed the veto and how the three teams involved in the trade -- the Lakers, the league-owned New Orleans Hornets and the Houston Rockets -- attempted to renew talks.

Stern vetoed a trade that would have sent Paul to the Lakers, Pau Gasol to the Rockets, and Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Lamar Odom, Goran Dragic and a 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets.

On the podcast, Stern said he felt the trade could have been reworked but said talks fell apart when Kupchak traded Odom days after the original deal was vetoed.

"In the course of the weekend, we thought we could redo the deal," Stern said. "We really thought that Houston would be ready to part with [Kyle] Lowry, and we had a trade lined up for Odom that would have gotten us a good first-round draft pick. Not we, but my basketball folks.

"But Mitch Kupchak at the time panicked and moved Odom to Dallas. So the piece wasn't even there for us to play with at the time. So that was it -- just about what was good for the then-New Orleans Hornets."

Stern's veto sent shockwaves throughout the league. The general reaction among rival executives at the time was that then-Hornets general manager Dell Demps did as well as he could under the circumstances after Paul told the Hornets he would not sign a contract extension and instead planned to become a free agent.

Stern acknowledged on the podcast that there was an inherent conflict of interest in his role as NBA commissioner and as the owners' rep for the league-owned Hornets.

"Same as when Bud Selig was the owners' rep for the Montreal Expos, same as when Gary Bettman was the owners' rep for the [Arizona] Coyotes," Stern said. "I didn't favor anyone on this one. I just favored New Orleans."

Kupchak traded Odom to Dallas three days after Stern's veto, with the Lakers receiving an $8.9 million trade exception and a protected 2012 first-round pick. The Mavs also got a 2012 second-round pick.

After failing to land Paul, Kupchak's Lakers made the playoffs in 2011-12 and 2012-13 but have finished in the lottery the past four seasons. He was fired as GM in February.

Paul was traded to the Clippers one week after the veto, with the Hornets receiving Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and an unprotected 2012 first-round pick.

hqg-277.gif

:/

NBA commissioner David Stern, who infamously vetoed a proposed 2011 trade that would have sent All-Star point guard Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, said attempts to rework the deal at the time fell apart because then-Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak "panicked."

Appearing on the "Nunyo & Company" podcast, which was released last week, Stern discussed the veto and how the three teams involved in the trade -- the Lakers, the league-owned New Orleans Hornets and the Houston Rockets -- attempted to renew talks.

Stern vetoed a trade that would have sent Paul to the Lakers, Pau Gasol to the Rockets, and Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Lamar Odom, Goran Dragic and a 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets.

On the podcast, Stern said he felt the trade could have been reworked but said talks fell apart when Kupchak traded Odom days after the original deal was vetoed.

"In the course of the weekend, we thought we could redo the deal," Stern said. "We really thought that Houston would be ready to part with [Kyle] Lowry, and we had a trade lined up for Odom that would have gotten us a good first-round draft pick. Not we, but my basketball folks.

"But Mitch Kupchak at the time panicked and moved Odom to Dallas. So the piece wasn't even there for us to play with at the time. So that was it -- just about what was good for the then-New Orleans Hornets."

Stern's veto sent shockwaves throughout the league. The general reaction among rival executives at the time was that then-Hornets general manager Dell Demps did as well as he could under the circumstances after Paul told the Hornets he would not sign a contract extension and instead planned to become a free agent.

Stern acknowledged on the podcast that there was an inherent conflict of interest in his role as NBA commissioner and as the owners' rep for the league-owned Hornets.

"Same as when Bud Selig was the owners' rep for the Montreal Expos, same as when Gary Bettman was the owners' rep for the [Arizona] Coyotes," Stern said. "I didn't favor anyone on this one. I just favored New Orleans."

Kupchak traded Odom to Dallas three days after Stern's veto, with the Lakers receiving an $8.9 million trade exception and a protected 2012 first-round pick. The Mavs also got a 2012 second-round pick.

After failing to land Paul, Kupchak's Lakers made the playoffs in 2011-12 and 2012-13 but have finished in the lottery the past four seasons. He was fired as GM in February.

Paul was traded to the Clippers one week after the veto, with the Hornets receiving Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and an unprotected 2012 first-round pick.

As much as I hate Stern and won't let him off the hook, I can actually imagine Kupchak and Jim Buss panicking after the initial vetoe, I also remember around that time Stern saying we needed to revise the CP3 deal and then boom LO just got dealt over nite...
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 66,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speed demon
    Plus defender

Yeah now that I had time to think on it I like Fox better

U guys are crazy. Did u guys really watch Fox? He can't shoot to save his life. For some reason, the game against UCLA is clouding everyone's judgement. I will take Ball, Jackson, Tatum, Monk over him.

DaBullaf.r.i.c.a.joeyfkncrakk
  • Jonah 2.0Jonah 2.0 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't watch college bball like that so I have to go by what y'all and the professionals say. And, from what I've read, makes me think that Ball would be the perfect compliment to Russell(if he's one of the Lakers guys) in the backcourt.