OFFICIAL 2016-2017 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Replies

• toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9
    Kouzma might be a steal 31 points

Young_ChitlinSolitary Soldier
    One thing i really wanted was for the Lakers to hire a top notch (preferably Defensive) assistant coach for this coming season. But Luke keeps hiring his Arizona buddies. There are 3-4 of them on the freaking staff. I understand being loyal to the folks u know, but for a coach with limited experience, it would make more sense to hire some people who have more experience. Brian Shaw is cool and all, but he should not be your most experienced coach on your staff, smh.

I bit my tongue last season about Luke bcos it was his first, but i will be more critical this season. Being the cool teacher can only take u so far.
    Inglewood_BSolitary Soldier
  • joeyfkncrakkjoeyfkncrakk Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd throw KCP the full cap space at 17 mil on a 1 year and sign Rondo on the 1 year full mid level at 8 mil
    eastbay510killapbuttuh_b
    What I say tho... Magic selling dreams
    toheeb27
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got eeeeem.... I say get a shooter off the bench for the MLE instead of Rondo. How many wins we looking at yall think?

Ball/Ennis/Nwaba
    KCP/Clarkson/Brewer/Hart
    Ingram/Kuzma/Deng
    Randle/Nance/Robinson
    Lopez/Zubac/Bryant
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
  • DaBullDaBull It's a Movement Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    36 wins, MAX
    35l6h3r.gif

"The only player who has put in the work and deserves comparison, is Kobe" - Jordan
    "Kobe Bryant has surpassed me as the greatest Laker" - Magic
    "If I want to have fun, I'll play with Lebron. If I want to win, I'm taking Kobe - Bird

2000-2001 Kobe
    28.5ppg 5.9rpg 5.0apg 1.7spg 46.4% FG

2000-2001 Shaq
    28.7ppg 12.7rpg 3.7apg 2.8bpg 57.2% FG
    DaBull wrote: »
    36 wins, MAX

That's a big improvement. I would be happy with that. Then we'll have 60 mill cap space next summer, maybe even more if we can trade or stretch Deng and a year of Lonzo-Ingram chemistry.

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    We waived Nwaba today. I'm also hearing we're looking at Rodney Stuckey?

Wasn't feeling Nwaba whatsoever... great hustle he brought but we need ready talent to go to war with
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    813614382.jpg

Ball was ballin' in some Nike Airs.
    Alpha_Ambition
  • goodlookinoutgoodlookinout You Bitch You Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another triple double 4 the kid
    Crenshaw-Los-Angeles-T-Shirts---Crewnecks---Hoodie-T-Shirts.jpg

LOL, Lakers Twitter turning on Zubac. TBF, he has been mediocre so far in Summer league.
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lonzo injured
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

Lonzo injured

Stiff calf, I've seen enough he should use the rest of the summer to strengthen his lower body he'll be fine
    toheeb27eastbay510
    Fuq it I'm dranking the cherry koolaid... we getting in that 8th seed, the parts fit I think we show up a year early!
    toheeb27buttuh_bKamPushMe
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magic Johnson thinks Lonzo Ball's triple-doubles in summer league were just a preview of more to come.

"You can see that. If he's getting triple-doubles in the summer league, he is going to get triple-doubles in the regular season," Johnson said. "Just like me, when I got here, there was pressure. I was the No. 1 pick. I didn't care about that. I am going to play my game. Lonzo is going to play his game. The great ones do."

"Lonzo is special, no question about it, because he makes everyone better," Johnson said. "He does something you can't teach. He gives you a scoring pass. Very few point guards in this league can do that. I am talking about giving you a pass that leads to the score, not just passing it to you. ... I like him because he also is now a great teammate. He has a special effect on people.

"I think it is the same in terms of the basketball IQ," Johnson added of what he and Ball have in common. "What is lacking in our game is a guy that can create a shot for somebody else. That is why Golden State, San Antonio and Cleveland are so good. They got multiple guys who can create a shot for somebody else. That is the one thing that he has that you cannot teach."
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif