Get Out (2017)

Replies

• Lurkristocrat Lurkristocrat Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monkeypaws tho?
    illestni99ainneMontyM.Max
  • PILL_COSBYPILL_COSBY GRAB HER BY THE PUDDING! ZIP ZOP ZOOBITY BOP DAAAAW!!!Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koltrain wrote: »
    godoffun wrote: »
    Koltrain wrote: »
    Looks interesting. Reminds me of Skeleton Key

How so? Love me some skeleton key...Voodoo wonderful my magic!!

Skeleton Key was one of the few films that i thought was actually scary. When I saw the trailer for this, I knew it would be on the same level...just had a feeling about it.

Finally got to see the movie last night. One of the best movies I've seen in a while. I woke up today with so many thoughts. ..like the story is filled with symbolism, but I wonder if stuff like this happens forreal.

This movie did take the skeleton key's twist though. But I think that was done on purpose. Like he reversed the twist to fit his narrative for this movie. He did that shit perfectly.
    BenjaminEKoltrainiron man1
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see her in an American psycho type of film she has definitely got that in her
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 42,356 Regulator
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Here is the controversial alternate ending. Seeing it now visually, would anyone have wanted Peele to use this one instead? Or should he have kept it the way it currently is?

I like the way it ended this version being left out was a good move.
    Meestersapp08_2001iron man1
  • TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 21,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the controversial alternate ending. Seeing it now visually, would anyone have wanted Peele to use this one instead? Or should he have kept it the way it currently is?

Nah, fuck a black man in an orange suit, especially after what he went through
    rip.dillaCottonCitySlimsapp08_2001iron man1
  • KoltrainKoltrain MOPosts: 3,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the ending they went with over this alternate.
    CottonCitySlimMeestersapp08_2001iron man1
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the symbolism of the first ending. During the entire film it was drummed into us how guilty he felt that his mum was left alone to die. He even showed compassion for the deer at the start .
  • TheGOATTheGOAT The ReasonPosts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cops shoulda shot him on sight.

Woulda been a more impactful ending
    Lurkristocrat
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 65,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Cops shoulda shot him on sight.

Woulda been a more impactful ending

This. and then had him just lying on the ground eyes open.. heart slowly beating while showing the events flash before his eyes police radio chatter with a fade to black
  • MeesterMeester im cool like that! Outrage LandPosts: 15,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

No leave it as it is buy itself. It raises its own questions.
  • BigBallsNoWorriesBigBallsNoWorries Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah fuck that alternate shit

Stick with the original