What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Get Out (2017)

15678911»

Replies

• fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 3,520 Regulator
    mc317 wrote: »
    Thats Brian Williams daughter so she's either a pathological liar or crazy

Don't disrespect Brian Williams breh he made a mistake.

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

mc317
  • BetaBeta NH Posts: 62,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shout out to brian Williams

Jersey in the building
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

• BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alternative ending with a white woman as the "jail" guard would have been crazy...
    acv3md.jpg

2gse8vd.jpg
    Lurkristocrat
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea this movie feels like an instant classic to me just by its originality, the reaction it got and how often it gets referenced already.

It's coming out to rent and buy on DVD this week. Time to rewatch.
  • illestni99ainneillestni99ainne I let ur gal suck me off from da back and ur moms giv me cornrows on my crack cuz Im nasty like that Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://thegedsection.com/blogs/jordan-peele-is-cooking-up-jim-crow-horror-series-for-hbo?utm_campaign=115585&utm_medium=cmsshare&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=dl_hughley

SPOILER ALERT: There is a scene at the end of Get Out where actor Lil Rel Howery turns to the main protagonist, played by Daniel Kaluuya, after an extremely intense scene and quietly says, "Man, I told you not to go in that house."

It is a light comedic moment in an otherwise very dark horror movie, and probably the kind of moment that only a skilled comedian and social commentator such as Get Out writer and director Jordan Peele could pull off in this particular context.

If you haven't seen the movie yet...well, rent it, immediately. It's not just one of the greatest horror movies in recent years; it's also a sharp social commentary on how being Black in America is a horror story of its own.

Save
    Image via Facebook official page for Get Out
    When a young Black man goes to a secluded estate in the woods for the weekend to meet his new white girlfriend's family, things quickly escalate from Guess Who's Coming to Dinner awkwardness to a full-blown modern slavery nightmare.

And if you thought that was scary, then just wait until Jordan Peele drops his next racially-charged social thriller/horror project, Lovecraft Country.

Save
    Lovecraft Country will be an HBO miniseries based on a 2016 novel by Mark Ruff about a Black family's road trip through the Jim Crow South in the 1950s.

Ruff described the book on his website:

Chicago, 1954. When his father goes missing, twenty-two-year-old Army veteran Atticus Turner embarks on a road trip to New England to find him, accompanied by his uncle George—publisher of The Safe Negro Travel Guide—and his childhood friend Letitia. On their journey to the manor of Samuel Braithwhite—heir to the estate that owned one of Atticus’s ancestors—they encounter both the mundane terrors of white America and malevolent spirits that seem straight out of the weird tales George devours.

Atticus discovers his father in chains, held prisoner by a secret cabal, the Order of the Ancient Dawn—led by Braithwhite and his son Caleb—which has gathered to perform a ritual that shockingly centers on Atticus. And his one hope of salvation may be the seed of his—and the whole Turner clan’s—destruction.

RELATED

Jordan Peele Interviewed Chance The Rapper About Kanye West, 'Get O...

Jordan Peele And 'Get Out' Continues Make History, Hints At Sequel,...
    A chimerical blend of magic, power, hope, and freedom that stretches across time, touching diverse members of two black families, Lovecraft Country is a devastating kaleidoscopic portrait of racism—the terrifying specter that still haunts us today.

Save
    Peele will executive produce this series for HBO along with J.J. Abrams. Misha Green, co-creator and writer of Underground is on deck to be the showrunner. Peele has also signed a deal with Universal Pictures to write and direct another film similar to Get Out and produce many others, so we will be seeing a lot more of his subversive social commentary on the big screen in the future.
    Nights like this...I wish...Raindrops would faaalllll!!!
    MeesterLike Waterplaymaker88Bcotton5
  • TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted scenes with Peele commentary

Without commentary

z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 50,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw the alternate ending. Shit was sad, but tbh that's how I thought it was going to end when the cop car showed up at the end. Making the security guard be in the car made it a much happier ending lol
    Koltrain
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Here is the controversial alternate ending. Seeing it now visually, would anyone have wanted Peele to use this one instead? Or should he have kept it the way it currently is?

can you repost this?
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 29,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just saw it....I AI t fukk wit no mo white girs
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

rip.dillasapp08_2001VulcanRaven
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Here is the controversial alternate ending. Seeing it now visually, would anyone have wanted Peele to use this one instead? Or should he have kept it the way it currently is?

can you repost this?

• CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching what they cut, the movie is really as perfect as it could have been
    Meestersapp08_2001Koltrain
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 29,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just saw it....I AI t fukk wit no mo white girs

6iv7bc2zwfg2.jpg

it was slave talk nigga.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

Meester

can you repost this?

• VulcanRavenVulcanRaven I don't knowPosts: 18,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally seen it. Loved the twist and previously thought they were just hypnotized. Crazy ass crackas. Shit really makes me think this is what happened to Barkley, Whitlock and Kanye etc ... Creepy shit.
15678911»