Moonlight 01.13.17 (starring Mahershala Ali,Naomi Harris and Janelle Monáe )

12346

Replies

  • TheGOATTheGOAT The ReasonPosts: 12,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Fun fact: There are zero white people in this entire movie.

    plxh1ji6uquh.gif

    I think it was some white folks when dude went in the diner in the scene above, one was working there other was a couple

    Cubans
  • Max.Max. BODY BAG! Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭✭


    Uh oh feminist
    Kat
  • TheGOATTheGOAT The ReasonPosts: 12,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    Uh oh feminist
    anigif_original-grid-image-22658-1429184356-4.gif
    fortyacresblackrainKat
  • TheGOATTheGOAT The ReasonPosts: 12,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a copy of Badus "Call Tyrone" chopped & screwed they used in the film

    Also pretty interesting some of the score they used they actually chopped & screwed classical music
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 23,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »


    Uh oh feminist

    The fuck is this about?
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 9,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »


    Uh oh feminist

    The fact the so many black women don't see how all that reflects on them just as negatively as it does on some black men hilariously sad.

    CashmoneyDuxbootcheese3000
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »


    Uh oh feminist

    The fact the so many black women don't see how all that reflects on them just as negatively as it does on some black men hilariously sad.

    what?
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Top Gang Thug Trying To Lower The Body Count Posts: 35,907 Regulator
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Fun fact: There are zero white people in this entire movie.

    plxh1ji6uquh.gif

    I think it was some white folks when dude went in the diner in the scene above, one was working there other was a couple

    Cubans

    There are things called white Cubans just like in the film Juan was a black Cuban.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 9,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »


    Uh oh feminist

    The fact the so many black women don't see how all that reflects on them just as negatively as it does on some black men hilariously sad.

    what?

    Whats not clear?

    @Already Home_17
  • BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 9,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So was it really that good? Might watch it with some biddy who's been yapping about it tonight.
    bootcheese3000
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 9,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    So was it really that good? Might watch it with some biddy who's been yapping about it tonight.

    Everybody has their own opinion. I didn't like it at all. You might think its great.
  • TheGOATTheGOAT The ReasonPosts: 12,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Fun fact: There are zero white people in this entire movie.

    plxh1ji6uquh.gif

    I think it was some white folks when dude went in the diner in the scene above, one was working there other was a couple

    Cubans

    There are things called white Cubans just like in the film Juan was a black Cuban.

    True.

    The fact was actually that there are no caucasians in the film. I just said white people because i didnt want to spell all that.

    Plus white cubans arnt really white people in many aspects
  • TheGOATTheGOAT The ReasonPosts: 12,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    So was it really that good? Might watch it with some biddy who's been yapping about it tonight.

    I thought it was very good.

    Watched it 2x. And a 3rd time with directors commentary.

    My girl thought it was good but kinda boring
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10
    I watched it a few weeks ago and it didn't hit me massively like i was expecting initially, but it really stuck with me for the week or two after in a way few films do.

    I've been wanting to watch it again since, just haven't had the chance.
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    I watched it a few weeks ago and it didn't hit me massively like i was expecting initially, but it really stuck with me for the week or two after in a way few films do.

    I've been wanting to watch it again since, just haven't had the chance.

    You know a film has impacted you when it's still lingering in your mind and you've still picking it apart.

    I can understand that everyone has their own opinion, but as far as I'm concerned, if you're a fan of great film making, great script writing and great acting then you should be a fan of this film.
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »


    Uh oh feminist

    The fact the so many black women don't see how all that reflects on them just as negatively as it does on some black men hilariously sad.

    what?

    Whats not clear?

    @Already Home_17


    I don't understand your point
    ol girls rant was about black men not appreciating the support given by our women (I hate generalizing but some brothers are like this unfortunately)

    how does that reflect on BW negatively?
    I'm not being argumentative here. maybe i missed something?
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 11,746 Regulator
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »


    Uh oh feminist

    The fact the so many black women don't see how all that reflects on them just as negatively as it does on some black men hilariously sad.

    what?

    Whats not clear?

    @Already Home_17


    I don't understand your point
    ol girls rant was about black men not appreciating the support given by our women (I hate generalizing but some brothers are like this unfortunately)

    how does that reflect on BW negatively?
    I'm not being argumentative here. maybe i missed something?

    I guess he's saying the black women that hold down ain't shit black men are not shit by association.
    CashmoneyDuxbootcheese3000
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »


    Uh oh feminist

    The fact the so many black women don't see how all that reflects on them just as negatively as it does on some black men hilariously sad.

    what?

    Whats not clear?

    @Already Home_17


    I don't understand your point
    ol girls rant was about black men not appreciating the support given by our women (I hate generalizing but some brothers are like this unfortunately)

    how does that reflect on BW negatively?
    I'm not being argumentative here. maybe i missed something?

    I guess he's saying the black women that hold down ain't shit black men are not shit by association.

    we have a winner
    bootcheese3000
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 9,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »


    Uh oh feminist

    The fact the so many black women don't see how all that reflects on them just as negatively as it does on some black men hilariously sad.

    what?

    Whats not clear?

    @Already Home_17


    I don't understand your point
    ol girls rant was about black men not appreciating the support given by our women (I hate generalizing but some brothers are like this unfortunately)

    how does that reflect on BW negatively?
    I'm not being argumentative here. maybe i missed something?
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »


    Uh oh feminist

    The fact the so many black women don't see how all that reflects on them just as negatively as it does on some black men hilariously sad.

    what?

    Whats not clear?

    @Already Home_17


    I don't understand your point
    ol girls rant was about black men not appreciating the support given by our women (I hate generalizing but some brothers are like this unfortunately)

    how does that reflect on BW negatively?
    I'm not being argumentative here. maybe i missed something?

    I guess he's saying the black women that hold down ain't shit black men are not shit by association.

    Like I said in my first post it reflects negatively on both black men and women.

    I don't see most of that shit as "holding" black men down in a positive way. The first part of it in regards to what some mothers did and do. She basically saying black women should get credit for doing what they are supposed to be doing because its their child. You don't get points for doing what you supposed to do when it comes to parenting. Not to me anyway.

    Also why would the writer of that and those who 100% agree think its good for a mother go fight her son's fights against other kids? So now it makes sense for grown adult mothers to physically or verbally fight kids for her son? How is that helping her son grow into man? What is that teaching the son exactly?

    Now to the other part most of it is self explanatory. Thats not holding down, that is enabling and babying grown men. Some women want to be given credit for doing stupid shit. I'm not going to do that ever! What's good about sleeping with, creating bills and most important of all procreating with a nigga described in the second part of that? What credit or positive can actually be given to a women for doing that with a so called man?

    The whole post wasn't bad and I don't disagree with everything said but a lot of it is dumb shit that black women shouldn't be doing for black men or even wanting credit for doing it.

    This is what some black women have been doing for a couple of generations and that is they type of adult male its producing. So shouldn't they actually see something wrong with what they've been doing?

    I forgot where I read it but I agreed with it. It said I'm paraphrasing "black women baby their sons into adulthood and raise their daughters to be strong women". Now look at the state of how some black men and women are tell me that statement is wrong. Nothing is absolute but there is a lot of truth in that statement and the proof has been showing for a while now.

    Gabi in its rawest form yes I'm saying they ain't shit. Really what I'm saying is some of them either dumb as shit, flat out ain't shit or both.
    bootcheese3000
  • desertrain10desertrain10 Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »


    Uh oh feminist

    The fact the so many black women don't see how all that reflects on them just as negatively as it does on some black men hilariously sad.

    what?

    Whats not clear?

    @Already Home_17


    I don't understand your point
    ol girls rant was about black men not appreciating the support given by our women (I hate generalizing but some brothers are like this unfortunately)

    how does that reflect on BW negatively?
    I'm not being argumentative here. maybe i missed something?
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »


    Uh oh feminist

    The fact the so many black women don't see how all that reflects on them just as negatively as it does on some black men hilariously sad.

    what?

    Whats not clear?

    @Already Home_17


    I don't understand your point
    ol girls rant was about black men not appreciating the support given by our women (I hate generalizing but some brothers are like this unfortunately)

    how does that reflect on BW negatively?
    I'm not being argumentative here. maybe i missed something?

    I guess he's saying the black women that hold down ain't shit black men are not shit by association.

    Like I said in my first post it reflects negatively on both black men and women.

    I don't see most of that shit as "holding" black men down in a positive way. The first part of it in regards to what some mothers did and do. She basically saying black women should get credit for doing what they are supposed to be doing because its their child. You don't get points for doing what you supposed to do when it comes to parenting. Not to me anyway.

    Also why would the writer of that and those who 100% agree think its good for a mother go fight her son's fights against other kids? So now it makes sense for grown adult mothers to physically or verbally fight kids for her son? How is that helping her son grow into man? What is that teaching the son exactly?

    Now to the other part most of it is self explanatory. Thats not holding down, that is enabling and babying grown men. Some women want to be given credit for doing stupid shit. I'm not going to do that ever! What's good about sleeping with, creating bills and most important of all procreating with a nigga described in the second part of that? What credit or positive can actually be given to a women for doing that with a so called man?

    The whole post wasn't bad and I don't disagree with everything said but a lot of it is dumb shit that black women shouldn't be doing for black men or even wanting credit for doing it.

    This is what some black women have been doing for a couple of generations and that is they type of adult male its producing. So shouldn't they actually see something wrong with what they've been doing?

    I forgot where I read it but I agreed with it. It said I'm paraphrasing "black women baby their sons into adulthood and raise their daughters to be strong women". Now look at the state of how some black men and women are tell me that statement is wrong. Nothing is absolute but there is a lot of truth in that statement and the proof has been showing for a while now.

    Gabi in its rawest form yes I'm saying they ain't shit. Really what I'm saying is some of them either dumb as shit, flat out ain't shit or both.


    the poem, or whatever it was, more so a referendum against disrespect and the liberal use of words like "hoes" by blk men when referring to/interacting with women, particularly blk women

    i agree though they didn't make the best case to why the use of those words and the disrespect on part of both men and women should be unacceptable
  • TheGOATTheGOAT The ReasonPosts: 12,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u read her caption on the post u will be more educated on what her point was... And in it she also says it is not limited to black men
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 9,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    If u read her caption on the post u will be more educated on what her point was... And in it she also says it is not limited to black men

    Says its not only about black men but the first fucking line says "BLACK MEN".

    Yeah ok.

    I'm not on social media so whatever else she said I didn't see it.
    bootcheese3000
  • HafBaykedHafBayked Posts: 14,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched this over the weekend

    wasnt what I expected, but wasnt bad in regards of the obvious

    I actually missed the one gay scene (snack trip) but the movie was about more than that

    shit was perfectly layered and I liked the 3 chapters

    great film....never seen anything like it
    TheGOATatribecalledgabi
  • vagrant-718vagrant-718 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen this recently. Was a good flick. 3rd chapter was probably the weakest to me
    lazypakmanSuperManuel
Sign In or Register to comment.