What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Samsung Galaxy S8 Thread

Replies

• playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4
    I got 3 cases.. two of them were like 8 dollars .. together these two

a.jpg
    Caseology Legion

51K-UP9NbrL.jpg
    Luvvit clear case

spigen-neo-hybrid-samsung-galaxy-s8-case-gunmetal-p62880-e.jpg

Spigen Neo Hybrid

yeah im crazy

The life proof case is going to start shipping next week June 12 it originally had a price point of $90 i see it for $50 now it has a screen protector with it think im gonna jump on it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z7TKH1Q/ref=twister_B071J41GPW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Young_ChitlinCain
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 3 cases.. two of them were like 8 dollars .. together these two

a.jpg
    Caseology Legion

51K-UP9NbrL.jpg
    Luvvit clear case

spigen-neo-hybrid-samsung-galaxy-s8-case-gunmetal-p62880-e.jpg

Spigen Neo Hybrid

yeah im crazy

The life proof case is going to start shipping next week June 12 it originally had a price point of $90 i see it for $50 now it has a screen protector with it think im gonna jump on it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z7TKH1Q/ref=twister_B071J41GPW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Those are nice!
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• Crude_Crude_ Legend Posts: 19,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    I want the S8+, I'm going to save up and pay cash for it and as I do, the price will go down a little bit which is nice.

Got my S8+ yesterday and got my son a S8 . AT&T was running a special for those who were eligible for an upgrade and who also had direct TV that you could get one and another for free if you traded in your old phones. I had the S7 and my son had a S6 so we trading those end and a old S4 and we walked out of there with the phones and $400 worth accessories as well.

This phone so far is perfect. It's big as hell but it's narrow so it doesn't feel like a big phone like how the Note is. The fingerprint scanner is no issue like people were crying about. It works with ease

I got mine a few days ago to and the thing is fast as hell.

Samsung has come a long way in the software department.
    Cain
  • banginscrew901banginscrew901 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So do y'all plan on getting the note 8 or y'all gone pass
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My plastic that came with the phone just came off he other day lol..i was riding with that shit for a minute.. waiting for my life proof case
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 44,241 Regulator
    So do y'all plan on getting the note 8 or y'all gone pass

I talked to the guy in the AT&T store and he was saying the Note 8 may drop in September. I don't know if I will make the switch because at the moment this S8+ is the best I've ever owned.
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
    PureYang
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 44,241 Regulator
    Crude_ wrote: »
    I want the S8+, I'm going to save up and pay cash for it and as I do, the price will go down a little bit which is nice.

Got my S8+ yesterday and got my son a S8 . AT&T was running a special for those who were eligible for an upgrade and who also had direct TV that you could get one and another for free if you traded in your old phones. I had the S7 and my son had a S6 so we trading those end and a old S4 and we walked out of there with the phones and $400 worth accessories as well.

This phone so far is perfect. It's big as hell but it's narrow so it doesn't feel like a big phone like how the Note is. The fingerprint scanner is no issue like people were crying about. It works with ease

I got mine a few days ago to and the thing is fast as hell.

Samsung has come a long way in the software department.

Cosign............this thing is fast haven't one hang-up. I did have a app shut down though. I thought it was the phone fucking up but it was actually the app itself that was having issues besides that can't complain.

Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    I aint ever goin back
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just copped the s8 on Fri. Great phone
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped fucking with samsung since they don't do removal batteries anymore
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    LUClEN wrote: »
    I stopped fucking with samsung since they don't do removal batteries anymore

Never understood the removable battery issue. I never removed my battery.

Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    I aint ever goin back
    You can remap the Bixby to do other things instead being used for that. The app is called Bxaction.

I used the app to remap that button to be Google Assistant

Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    I aint ever goin back
    You can remap the Bixby to do other things instead being used for that. The app is called Bxaction.

I used the app to remap that button to be Google Assistant

I probably wont do it.. but thats the best remap of bixby imo so you dont have to hard press the screen..

In other news i got my lifeproof a week or two ago.. so far so good.. i wouldnt pay retail for it.. i didnt.. i paid 50.. its a lil lint magnet though in the corner of the screen protector
  • PureYangPureYang Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14
    This shit right here nigga, this shit right here nigga, right here this shit nigga?!

Shits flames bruh.

I'm fuckin wit it, heavy. Already hopped on the gif game

My reaction to all the features I'm peepin'
    jaid091ikkxn.gif

Me bello e tanto digressum et cæde recenti,
    Attrectare nefas, donec me flumine vivo
    Abluero.
    CainMallyG
    edited August 14
    PureYang wrote: »
    This shit right here nigga, this shit right here nigga, right here this shit nigga?!

Shits flames bruh.

jaid091ikkxn.gif

LMAO at gif

I've yet to make a gif on this phone as of yet but all the features on here are crazy. You can damn near do about anything with it a laptop can do

@PureYang

Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    I aint ever goin back
  • PureYangPureYang Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15
    PureYang wrote: »

Shits flames bruh.

jaid091ikkxn.gif

LMAO at gif

I've yet to make a gif on this phone as of yet but all the features on here are crazy. You can damn near do about anything with it a laptop can do

@PureYang

Enable the edge Controls and u can make it on the fly, with all different sizes up to 15 secs. I took that from a fb vid within a minute.

Also it looks like Samsung disabled the Bixby button remapping, and I don't want the work around to be lurking while draining battery @cain
    Me bello e tanto digressum et cæde recenti,
    Attrectare nefas, donec me flumine vivo
    Abluero.
    Cain
  • twentyfivelighterstwentyfivelighters 'Sippi LandPosts: 4,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About to switch from an iPhone 5s to an S8 Thursday. How's still holding up for y'all? What are some good cases? I really like how slim the phone is. The ONLY negative I've heard is that fingerprint scanner and I can't imagine it being such a big issue?
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About to switch from an iPhone 5s to an S8 Thursday. How's still holding up for y'all? What are some good cases? I really like how slim the phone is. The ONLY negative I've heard is that fingerprint scanner and I can't imagine it being such a big issue?

Finger scanner is fine... I've had the phone since June and love it. I got a slim fit case from the mall for a dub lol
    This note 8 is the truth
    King_MeThereal_baYoung_Chitlin
  • Thereal_baThereal_ba Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This note 8 is the truth

But the bixby button is trash. I figured out how to remap it on my note 8 without root.
    Thereal_ba wrote: »
    This note 8 is the truth

But the bixby button is trash. I figured out how to remap it on my note 8 without root.

I'm gone need you to share this great info with me an what did you remap it to @thereal_ba
    Young_Chitlin
  • Thereal_baThereal_ba Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    This note 8 is the truth

I'm gone need you to share this great info with me an what did you remap it to @thereal_ba

I used Bixby button remapper and then went into the all apps section and uninstalled all the Bixby updates for the 4 applications. I haven't seen Bixby pop up once.
    9zw2ng9hyldx.jpg
    yo4jlzgd1vmb.jpg

And when I hit the button now it pops up with Google assistant.

xvp8lquzahum.jpg
    twentyfivelightersbanginscrew901
  • twentyfivelighterstwentyfivelighters 'Sippi LandPosts: 4,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I got mine and it's been going well. I've been on the Bixby hate train too. I got that remapping app as well.
    This note 8 is the truth

I used Bixby button remapper and then went into the all apps section and uninstalled all the Bixby updates for the 4 applications. I haven't seen Bixby pop up once.
    9zw2ng9hyldx.jpg
    yo4jlzgd1vmb.jpg

And when I hit the button now it pops up with Google assistant.

xvp8lquzahum.jpg

k9gyo8z837kh.gif