What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Dividend Growth Investing

Replies

• Go figureGo figure the GoPosts: 4,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28
    @_Jay @Sion

Do u think Exxon Mobile (XOM) is a good stock to get into right now? Looks like its sellin low right now and is a dividend champ. What u guys think?

77z34fe3acfk.jpg
    iwslmt.jpg
    _Jay
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go figure wrote: »
    @_Jay @Sion

Do u think Exxon Mobile (XOM) is a good stock to get into right now? Looks like its sellin low right now and is a dividend champ. What u guys think?

77z34fe3acfk.jpg

Not sure but I think I saw this pick on dailytraderalert. I'm probably going to pick up some shares within a few months. Should be a solid investment.
    Bustin a new nut on @R.D's moms collarbone everyday.
    _Jay
    dwade206 wrote: »
    @_Jay @Sion

77z34fe3acfk.jpg

Not sure but I think I saw this pick on dailytraderalert. I'm probably going to pick up some shares within a few months. Should be a solid investment.

I just read an article saying it could drop as low as 50 unless oil prices go up so im definitely gonna sit on this and wait for now
    iwslmt.jpg
    thinking about buying into target (tgt), altria (mo), costco (cost) or exxon mobile (xom) tomorrow. if i get costco tho that will probly be the only stock i buy bc its $154/share but they are all for the low at the moment and pay quarterly dividends. Right now I only have general electric, twitter and Kingstone (insurance co) but thinking about selling them.

I'm literally just starting (this week) and using the robinhood app and Ally invest.
    iwslmt.jpg
  • _Jay_Jay Posts: 3,449 My Name Is My Name.
    @_Jay @Sion

77z34fe3acfk.jpg

definitely.
    thinking about buying into target (tgt), altria (mo), costco (cost) or exxon mobile (xom) tomorrow. if i get costco tho that will probly be the only stock i buy bc its $154/share but they are all for the low at the moment and pay quarterly dividends. Right now I only have general electric, twitter and Kingstone (insurance co) but thinking about selling them.

I'm literally just starting (this week) and using the robinhood app and Ally invest.

all good companies for dividend growth, try to cop your shares at low valuations.

..................ROLL DAMN TIDE

@JayChillinBro
    Go figure
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,636 Regulator
    edited August 31
    @_Jay @Sion

77z34fe3acfk.jpg

In my view XOM is overpriced compared to other oil and gas companies right now. That's not to say it's a bad investment, there's just other companies out there who may prove better investments over time. Also with the instability of oil prices dividends may not be reliable in the short term and in some cases the long term as well. XOM is a phenomenal company but even from a growth perspective it's gonna require favorable oil prices and large acquisitions to grow.

If you're looking at oil and gas, consider taking a look at Chevron, Total, Imperial Oil (which is 70% owned by XOM and has very good growth prospects), PetroChina and others. Take a long look at the oil and gas companies but be very aware of the risk right now and how world-wide events may impact oil prices in the near term. Be sure to run any ideas by your investment advisor before you do anything.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    Go figure_Jaykillap
    Goddamn every stock did horrible today
    iwslmt.jpg
    Ok this might be a dumb question but im supposed to get a couple dividend payouts (not much at all) but how are they distributed??
    iwslmt.jpg
    Ok this might be a dumb question but im supposed to get a couple dividend payouts (not much at all) but how are they distributed??

Check your net cash balance

Check your net cash balance

does it just get dumped into that balance without notification or update? this is what i see when i log in:
    iga0n4vuw46u.png
    hdigjrh1jbs3.png

Now i know my holdings/dividend payout is small enough to barely notice a diff but i figure it would let me know how much regardless as i begin to grow my portfolio. And considering I use robinhood app wayyy more bc of no commission fees itll be a lot of work to have to keep up with how much i received and when.

Ford paid on 9/1 and Target dividend payout date is 9/10 which im assuming changes to today since its a business day. Im just wondering whether or not i get specific info regarding my dividends in my portfolio or if im just totally doing something wrong altogether.
    iwslmt.jpg
    In the robinhood app it shows up clearly in History from the Main menu
    477bv2fq1ci1.jpg

When i click the stock it tells me dividend date and exact payout amount.

Cant find that on the Ally broker site
    iwslmt.jpg
    edited September 13
    Some stocks i think might be worth buying now for dividend growth...Brinker (EAT) is Chili's parent company...btw havent checked dividend history yet
    vn292ek7ef3c.jpg
    n5pl6e426313.jpg
    xzxiaqdcjo2d.jpg
    in7o09bg1uue.jpg
    iwslmt.jpg
    edited September 13
    In your Ally account, all of your dividends are dispersed in cash.

to access your dividends from a desktop/laptop (in an Ally brokerage account), sign in and go to your My Accounts page. from there, look for Activity, which should be directly under Quotes & Research.

once you're on the Activity page, change Range to "Year To Date," and in the Show box, enter "Dividends." voila.

when u receive Dividends, they always go straight to cash. in an Ally account, they typically show up around 4 am the day after their dispersal (for example, the dividend date is 09/13, they'll show up around 4 am on 09/14).

if u did not purchase the shares before the Ex-dividend date, u won't receive the dividends until the following dispersal date
    (for example, if the Ex-dividend date is 09/13 and one purchases the shares anytime on 09/13 or afterward, they have to wait until the next declaration date to get dividends).

@JayChillinBro
    Go figure
    Perfect bro thanks
    iwslmt.jpg
  • King EraunoKing Erauno Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Jay wrote: »
    the more companies I buy, the more dividends I get

the more dividends I make, the more companies I can buy

continually add capital

at some point, there's a crossover, and your dividends alone can buy more companies. a little further and your dividend income will make enough to cover your living expenses. at that point, you're financially free. omw

thats where im trying to get to. props
    _Jay
    edited October 2
    What are y'all thoughts; DRIP or let the dividend payments just stack up on your cash balance? This was probably asked before but I'm asking again.
    What are y'all thoughts; DRIP or let the dividend payments just stack up on your cash balance? This was probably asked before but I'm asking again.

I don't deal with DRIP payments, I prefer to let the dividends stack up and deploy them myself...I'll give an example.

if u have a share that's currently at a high valuation, buying more of that stock results in less of a buffer. u wanna cop shares when the stock is undervalued, but if u use DRIP only, u have no say in the matter.

if u deploy the dividends yourself (let them stack up, then cop shares in whatever u want, whenever u want), then u can purchase shares of ANY stock, whenever the valuation is at a good point.

for example, let's say we're talmbout Disney (DIS). it's currently slightly undervalued, at $99.86. for the sake of the example, let's say the share price jumps tomorrow, to $130, then a day later, drops back down to $100.

would u rather be forced to purchase shares of DIS at $130 (with DRIP), or would u rather spend your dividends when u wanted to, and just casually wait until the price went back down again (without DRIP)?

^^that's the simplified version, but it's really that easy...

@JayChillinBro
    dwade206Go figuredasmooth1killap
  • King EraunoKing Erauno Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love coming into this thread.

people teaching, people learning, people asking questions and no one being a smart ass.

that is whats up.

thats the only way we'll get ahead in the black/brown community
    Whats the highest paying dividend u guys have?

Mine is Altria (MO) at 66 cents/share and Target (TGT) at 60 cents.

Looking for some more with higher payouts cuz these 8 cent shits aint doin it
    iwslmt.jpg
    Amgen. Dollar plus, and I picked it up in the 176 range. Check the price now
    Go figure_Jay

Its at 186 now if it comes down some ima buy some of that
    iwslmt.jpg
    edited October 6
    Apple AAPL (.63)
    Disney DIS (.78, but only twice a year)
    Hershey HSY (.66)
    Target TGT (.62)
    S&P 500 etf VOO (1.18)
    Realty Income reit O (.212 every month, quarterly that's .64)

@JayChillinBro
    Go figuredwade206
    ETF dividends are lumpy, they fluctuate quarter to quarter

@JayChillinBro
    dwade206
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 30,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

amgen took enbrel back so it will make a few dollars for a bit. they got other new shit comeing down the pipeline aswell
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

dwade206