What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Dividend Growth Investing

12346»

Replies

• dwade206dwade206 Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Jay wrote: »
    Apple AAPL (.63)
    Disney DIS (.78, but only twice a year)
    Hershey HSY (.66)
    Target TGT (.62)
    S&P 500 etf VOO (1.18)
    Realty Income reit O (.212 every month, quarterly that's .64)

GMC, PFE, and KO also pay decent dividends
    Bustin a new nut on @R.D's moms collarbone everyday.
    _Jay
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 30,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yall should try out personal capital...its an app and pc software
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

• _Jay_Jay Posts: 3,451 My Name Is My Name.
    yall should try out personal capital...its an app and pc software

I've seen a lot mentioned about PC, as well as about mint.com (which helps with budgets, not really related, but I'm always hearing about one or the other). at one time, I was gonna download mint, but never did. not really interested in Personal Capital at the moment, it looks dope, but I actively manage my own stocks (in a passive manner, Team Buy & Hold), so I think it would feel like a step backward...that's just my opinion tho, and it may change in the future.

..................ROLL DAMN TIDE

@JayChillinBro
    edited October 11
    good time to rack up on Disney (DIS), General Mills (GIS), and/or Walgreens (WBA). all good companies that ain't goin nowhere, are near/at lows, and pay good size dividends.

@JayChillinBro
    You sure about that? I heard Walgreens is taking a beating because of recent Amazon pharma acquisitions.
    edited October 12
    dwade206 wrote: »
    You sure about that? I heard Walgreens is taking a beating because of recent Amazon pharma acquisitions.

they've raised their dividends every year for the past 42 years. their dividend payout ratio (which would be considered high at 60%), is currently sitting at 37.9%, which means they can easily raise their dividend for the next few years.

with that said, even if Amazon was to start offering pharma services overnight, it would still be at least years before they impacted Walgreens' bottom line, if they actually do so...during which u can be profiting off of their dividends.

Edit: 42 years, my bad

@JayChillinBro
    Go figuredwade206
    AT&T is suffering right now because more people prefer streaming over television. The dividend payout is still respectable but there’s was a 6% drop in price today. Any thoughts?
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 30,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a dispute over stock earnings.....

lmao

why cant we have more like this?

it helps everyone make money and keeps people sharp
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

_Jay
    AT&T is suffering right now because more people prefer streaming over television. The dividend payout is still respectable but there’s was a 6% drop in price today. Any thoughts?

AT&T (T) has had 32 years of dividend growth, and I peeped the drop yesterday. I already own shares in the company, but I'm def planning on copping more because of this...with that said, expect dependable growth in dividends from here out, but don't expect large dividend gains (basically, don't expect them to raise their dividends over 10% any given year). telecommunications is an extremely cutthroat industry, if u were going to invest in the industry, I would suggest only either AT&T or Verizon Wireless. again, expect good, dependable dividends, but don't expect heavy dividend growth.

@JayChillinBro
    edited October 15
    UPS just might be the move. 2.81% dividend right now. Might wait for a slight dip though. Y’all see any growth or stability with IBM?
    UPS just might be the move. 2.81% dividend right now. Might wait for a slight dip though. Y’all see any growth or stability with IBM?

yeah, u might wanna wait on the dip for UPS, its 52 week range is $102.12 - $120.80, and it's currently valued at $117.68. def good dividends in there, the company also has good cash flow.

I used to consider IBM solely for the fact that Warren Buffett had it as one of his "Top 4." however, the company's prospects, plus the cost of stock shares, were prohibitive to me when I was researching it (couple of years ago). with that said, lately I keep reading about IBM's upcoming plans for blockchain technology, so...if u can get a good deal on valuation, u might wanna go for it.

@JayChillinBro
    dwade206
12346»