Three New Dave Chappelle Comedy Specials Coming to Netflix (3/21)

Lou_CypherLou_Cypher E.L.E.: Everybody Love EverybodyArkham AsylumPosts: 46,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
6b87ca09.png

Netflix has announced on Twitter that it will release three new comedy specials from Dave Chappelle. No release dates have yet been revealed. One of the specials is an original set filmed exclusively for Netflix, while the remaining two are from “Chappelle’s personal comedy vault” and were filmed at Austin City Limits and the Hollywood Paladium.

The comedian’s last special, Dave Chappelle: For What It’s Worth, was released in 2004. Chappelle recently mounted a comeback, hosting “Saturday Night Live” and delivering a scathing monologue about Donald Trump as well as resurrecting several of his “Chappelle’s Show” characters in a “The Walking Dead”-themed skit.

http://pitchfork.com/news/69982-three-new-dave-chappelle-comedy-specials-coming-to-netflix/
Revolver OcelotCJBDBIIDRecaptimus_Prime360MD_PROPER Rubato Garciamarc123Already Home_17TheGOATgivezero904L3NUBangEm_Bart LcnsdbyROYALTYKarl.Betajee504dasmooth1illestni99ainneSuperManuelplaymaker88not_osirus_jenkinsKingFreemanPaperPlaneJaneDarthRozayBreezy_KilroyDa12RespectACashmoneyDuxHundredEyesatribecalledgabidnyce215R0mptrilladelicnickel-us Psouthsil4lilTonyDubbzThe HueMrCrookedLetterMancBender Rodriguezinfamous114TheBoyRoLike WatersTaY_TrUeMeesterKnowReasonForPeaceBcotton5vageneral08nc81Joker_De_La_LoverBuilt 4 cuban linx

Replies

• BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 8,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That white ass audience lol
    atribecalledgabiRecaptimus_Prime360
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
    atribecalledgabidnyce215
  • Karl.Karl. Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher E.L.E.: Everybody Love Everybody Arkham AsylumPosts: 46,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how long ago those Vaulted specials were filmed.
  • Stomp JohnsonStomp Johnson Laddergoat you so random. Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fresh for 2017 you SUCKAS.
    lethal5Meester
  • Da12RespectADa12RespectA Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Netflix is killing it right now.
    kingofbama205KingFreeman
  • dnyce215dnyce215 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭✭
    Can we sticky this thread
  • NCswagNCswag Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for the,walking dead, power and Atlanta, Netflix would be liable for collusion of black folks
    CashmoneyDux
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher E.L.E.: Everybody Love Everybody Arkham AsylumPosts: 46,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how big of a comeback Chappelle is gonna make. Since his early stand up days he said he never wanted to be famous for various reasons (see his HBO special from 97). With Chappelles Show that kinda ruined that though. Im hoping he will do more Stand Up specials of course, but a new Show in some way would be a dream come true. Either Sketch Comedy or a scripted comedy. Hes already got some sort of relationship with Netflix and I have no doubt that when the first special gets released, it could possibly shut down netflix for an hour or two on some Luke Cage shit.
    CashmoneyDux
  • kingofbama205kingofbama205 Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I can't wait
    In anticipation, here's some classic Dave.

MeesterLou_Cypher
    I thought these were especially interesting (the first video in particular, since niggas were going at Dave on here a few months back) since some of our most loved (and loathed) comedians are bigging our brotha up.

PiffyHazeillestni99ainneRecaptimus_Prime360CashmoneyDux
  • jee504jee504 Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Between this and the Chris Rock specials it's gonna be a good year for stand up

Bill Burr has one coming soon too.

Six minutes left and I will be selling my CD after this, you motherfuckers
    Max.blackrainKarl.CashmoneyDux
  • MeesterMeester sorry, not sorry. Leviathan countryPosts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need this right now.
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 25,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    He's making 60 mill off of these 3 specials, he left Comedy Central even when they offered him 50 mill, that's great

Fuck yeah! People are bitching on FB saying "If he's making 60 mill off of this, why was he too afraid to take the 50 Comedy Central offered?!"

3 Specials (two of them previously recorded and vaulted) for 60 million >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 50 million for 3 more seasons of a show he was beginning to lose creative control of.

creative control...

sometimes FB people are dumb
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    He's making 60 mill off of these 3 specials, he left Comedy Central even when they offered him 50 mill, that's great

Fuck yeah! People are bitching on FB saying "If he's making 60 mill off of this, why was he too afraid to take the 50 Comedy Central offered?!"

3 Specials (two of them previously recorded and vaulted) for 60 million >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 50 million for 3 more seasons of a show he was beginning to lose creative control of.

creative control...

sometimes FB people are dumb

Sometimes!?
    not_osirus_jenkinsBroddie