What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Three New Dave Chappelle Comedy Specials Coming to Netflix (3/21)

Replies

• Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 64,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    He's making 60 mill off of these 3 specials, he left Comedy Central even when they offered him 50 mill, that's great

Fuck yeah! People are bitching on FB saying "If he's making 60 mill off of this, why was he too afraid to take the 50 Comedy Central offered?!"

3 Specials (two of them previously recorded and vaulted) for 60 million >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 50 million for 3 more seasons of a show he was beginning to lose creative control of.

creative control...

sometimes FB people are dumb

Isn't that the same reason why Chris Rock stopped doing his show on HBO?
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Stomp JohnsonStomp Johnson Trashposting Til Infinity Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so hype. Dave was as good as ever when I saw him live a year or so ago
    Lou_CypherJusDre313atribecalledgabidasmooth1
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    major pain wrote: »
    He's making 60 mill off of these 3 specials, he left Comedy Central even when they offered him 50 mill, that's great

Chappelle won like a muthafucka and he didn't have to wear a dress.

Chappelle is the best alive and definitely worthy of mention for the best dead or alive but
    tumblr_inline_mzik8wAjm01rdbi47.gif
    Dave was only 19 in that. He stole the show to. I remember when that came out it was hilarious.

And to be fair. They were spoofing a specific scene in Robin Hood.

Robin-Hood-walt-disneys-robin-hood-3627998-720-480.jpg
    Lou_Cypher
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two specials in a couple of weeks. Fuck im hype for this.
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I kinda dont wanna watch the trailer and ruin anything

Same. Im holding off on the trailer.

7 fucking days.

Pretty dope that even though these are pre recorded specials, they werent recorded very long ago. 2015 is the older one and the 2nd was recorded a little less than a year ago.
    So excited to see the NEW recorded stand up hes doing later this year. You know that is going to have so many GOAT Trump jokes.
    LcnsdbyROYALTYdasmooth1JusDre313dnyce215
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So excited to see the NEW recorded stand up hes doing later this year. You know that is going to have so many GOAT Trump jokes.

Interesting take by Dave. Trump in some respects may actually be bad for comedy. becuz all the comics may feel they need to make Trump jokes.
    Lou_Cypher
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc123 wrote: »

Interesting take by Dave. Trump in some respects may actually be bad for comedy. becuz all the comics may feel they need to make Trump jokes.

On the other hand, I've never heard a anti-Trump joke that wasn't funny, so maybe it won't be bad.

Besides, comedians did the same thing for Bush and it didn't really hurt them.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    Lou_Cypher
  • kingofbama205kingofbama205 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭✭✭