What motivates you? Could your surroundings be stopping you? Are you your best you?

24567

Replies

  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    have you ever though about relocating.

    another city, state, country....

    did you apply for a job just see if you could get it...just to test the waters.

    That last one yes

    Last one was an IT Support job at LAX for Southwest Airlines

    I got it but because of my background I couldnt get the TSA clearance

    He even tried to get me in as a temp but once they saw my name again they already knew...and i have name that once u see it you know its me and youll recognize it if it comes up again

    IT huh.......ok

    http://www.jobsinparis.fr/jobs/it-treasury-support-analyst/Zd1ED8oY?from=search

    ill post more links after the holiday....
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we all need to help and hold each other accountable.

    we can make this right....we can create something powerful

    if i am fukkin up ...i need someone to tell me

    but i also need to have someone help me if i ask for it....

    or maybe just help cause i said i ran into a problem and didnt ask for help.

    what is the harm in helping just because...

    did it harm you in anyway....does it make you feel a grown man can do it himself.

    do you feel ...since you made it without ...he should be able to as well....

    guess what...we never know when we may be on the other end of that need......

    so i will go outta my way just because i want to help.

    people talk about karma.....but what about the positive things that come back because of the positive you out out there......
    NeighborhoodNomad. dasmooth1spit_fiyaSion
  • SimptimusLEMZUSSimptimusLEMZUS A PATRIOT JOINS THE WEST FRONT (AND BACK) Posts: 16,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And ince again im ready to share. We can elevate each other and transcend ourselves.
    NeighborhoodNomad. 2stepz_aheaddasmooth1Sion
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 40,927 Regulator
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Lem u the one who got me started playing with the kettlebells just from reading ur posts in the other thread

    @EyeofAsaru should drop some gems in here too cuz i also learned some things from him

    Made my first investopedia account because of @Sion's investment thread (years ago, aint have real money to play with just yet lol)

    Maaaaannn this is the best post I've read in a long time. I'm flattered and honoured fam to have been able to help someone in some way even if it was something small. That really means a lot to me brother. If you ever need anything just give me a shout :+1:
    Young_ChitlinNeighborhoodNomad. Qiv_OwanSimptimusLEMZUS
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford Trill Doggy Dogg (Legion Of Trill) Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My kinda thread

    I never had a leader (mentor) before but just because I never had one doesn't mean that I can't be one. For almost the past two years, I grew an inner fire of determination in my soul. I say there's two things that you have to do to reach your dream. Do the things that you need to do & do the things that you is scared to do. As you go through life then you'll probably have to draw space from those who are content, complacent & not like minded as yourself. You'll never find yourself until you are by yourself. I never thought that I'll bounce back financially from 2010. I'll never thought I'll translate fitness a hobby & have a toned physique. I'll never thought that I'll be on the back end & almost done with school. All through self motivation.

    I'll be back in this thread tomorrow evening. I gotta get rested & catch this flight tomorrow morning
    Young_Chitlin2stepz_aheadSionSimptimusLEMZUS
  • NeighborhoodNomad. NeighborhoodNomad. Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything has purpose, and I know, (a part of) my purpose is to help lay down the foundations of a new system. Or maybe even realign to with the true system of Life.

    to be continued...
  • not_osirus_jenkinsnot_osirus_jenkins Sion Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch Wolf of wall street every Sunday at 8 o clock at. Shits become a ritual. that mindset will get you far.
    NothingButTheTruthAlpha_Ambition
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    My kinda thread

    I never had a leader (mentor) before but just because I never had one doesn't mean that I can't be one. For almost the past two years, I grew an inner fire of determination in my soul. I say there's two things that you have to do to reach your dream. Do the things that you need to do & do the things that you is scared to do. As you go through life then you'll probably have to draw space from those who are content, complacent & not like minded as yourself. You'll never find yourself until you are by yourself. I never thought that I'll bounce back financially from 2010. I'll never thought I'll translate fitness a hobby & have a toned physique. I'll never thought that I'll be on the back end & almost done with school. All through self motivation.

    I'll be back in this thread tomorrow evening. I gotta get rested & catch this flight tomorrow morning

    i say this to people alot.

    some people need others around....because they may not like who they are.
    its more common than you think.

    i think this is something we need to work on in our community.

    think about this...
    can you really be in the house alone, not be on your phone and entertain yourself all day or all weekend.

    learning just who you are is a very scary thing and it takes inner strength to want to correct who you are. and you are doing it for you....an not an outside influence who will make you feel special because of who they think you are.

    the only person you should be special for is you....you are important enough for you. i you can self analyze and be honest you will seewe are all imperfect and we would be more reluctant to expose others....because we see just how "exposed" we truly are
    T. SanfordSion
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's so much to say I don't even know where to start. There were so many questions but I'll start with the title.

    Hands down, I'm the most self motivated and driven person I know. And what motivates me is purpose. I know everything has (a) purpose, and so do I.

    When Pac said “I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.” He was speaking about me. Not me alone, but yes, ME. The world will change for the better, and I will have played a part in that. Everything I'm building will benefit all Life on the planet, not just people.

    But I blame all of my limitations on myself, mainly my ignorance. I also realize that nothing in existence is independent of itself, but at the moment, I'm building alone. So being that I haven't built a reliable team or made the necessary connections, I have to build alone and I haven't yet figured out how to build all of these things and invest into all of these ideas with my VERY limited resources (or at least with what I'm aware of as limited). I only build alone because I haven't found anyone to really build with. But at the same time, I know there's avenues I'm not taking that will help, I just don't realize them yet. At the moment I'm strugglin and everybody I know is too (which perpetuates this cycle, a bunch of poor people making poor decisions). At the moment, ALL of my resources go into survival only, so executing these ideas takes a little ingenuity.

    Another reality is, people like me very rarely cross paths with people like 2stepz and others who have the resources and the will to build. To me it seems that in the world there's a lot of financially stable people with questions, and a lot of poor people with answers. So what are we going to do about that? What connections need to be made?

    Also, being that nothing is independent of itself, how does one build several non-profits, co-ops and businesses alone?

    How?

    To be continued...

    workin with limited resource is the best time to create.....because you have to be creative instead of just throwing your resources.

    you tend to think more and process the what ifs.

    if you can learn to eat for a week with tuna, bread and koolaid.

    you should be fine when you you have a fridge full of food.

    but what if you lived like you only had tuna, bread and koolaid when you have the fridge full of food.

    never forget your hunger even when you are not hungry
    Meesterdasmooth1Sion
  • NeighborhoodNomad. NeighborhoodNomad. Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    My kinda thread

    I never had a leader (mentor) before but just because I never had one doesn't mean that I can't be one. For almost the past two years, I grew an inner fire of determination in my soul. I say there's two things that you have to do to reach your dream. Do the things that you need to do & do the things that you is scared to do. As you go through life then you'll probably have to draw space from those who are content, complacent & not like minded as yourself. You'll never find yourself until you are by yourself. I never thought that I'll bounce back financially from 2010. I'll never thought I'll translate fitness a hobby & have a toned physique. I'll never thought that I'll be on the back end & almost done with school. All through self motivation.

    I'll be back in this thread tomorrow evening. I gotta get rested & catch this flight tomorrow morning

    i say this to people alot.

    some people need others around....because they may not like who they are.
    its more common than you think.

    i think this is something we need to work on in our community.

    think about this...
    can you really be in the house alone, not be on your phone and entertain yourself all day or all weekend.

    learning just who you are is a very scary thing and it takes inner strength to want to correct who you are. and you are doing it for you....an not an outside influence who will make you feel special because of who they think you are.

    the only person you should be special for is you....you are important enough for you. i you can self analyze and be honest you will seewe are all imperfect and we would be more reluctant to expose others....because we see just how "exposed" we truly are

    Having an understanding of self is fundamental, but after you find/understand yourself you see see that the "self" is just a part of a whole, and that nothing in the universe is independent of itself. Everything in this universe needs something because everything is connected. Everything has purpose and your purpose is connected to mine. Nothing that exists was designed to be alone.
    Sion
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    700 wrote: »
    @BOSSExcellence a pimp but be talking like he a an investment banker

    That shit hilarious

    pussy is an investment that we dude invest in everyday
    some people dont even get a return
    BOSSExcellenceBigBallsNoWorriesdasmooth1EmM HoLLa.
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 24,808 Regulator
    but question..

    do you ever think about why you respect the people that you respect.

    did you ever think about why you look up to certain people or certain behaviors...

    did you ever think why certain things dont bother you even if they are inhumane...

    did you really try your hardest today...

    even if it was to help out with something simply.....did you do it like a boss or did it just to get it done.


    always remember there is no traffic going an extra mile....AND you will be further than the rest

    I respect the people I do mainly based on the value their actions have not only while they're here but after they're gone as well. My biggest issue I run into is if I don't respect you I tend to not value shit you say.
    2stepz_aheadSion
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 24,808 Regulator
    have you ever though about relocating.

    another city, state, country....

    did you apply for a job just see if you could get it...just to test the waters.

    I considered that when I left for college. I purposely chose the school my mentor suggested because I knew it'd force me to grow and adapt in ways I hadn't before. I knew the biggest challenge wouldn't be in the classes but the environment itself and I was right. I look back at my mentality when I left for school at 19 vs what it was when I graduated and I'm amazed at just how much I grew and changed over that time.
    2stepz_aheadSion
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 24,808 Regulator
    we all need to help and hold each other accountable.

    we can make this right....we can create something powerful

    if i am fukkin up ...i need someone to tell me

    but i also need to have someone help me if i ask for it....

    or maybe just help cause i said i ran into a problem and didnt ask for help.

    what is the harm in helping just because...

    did it harm you in anyway....does it make you feel a grown man can do it himself.

    do you feel ...since you made it without ...he should be able to as well....

    guess what...we never know when we may be on the other end of that need......

    so i will go outta my way just because i want to help.

    people talk about karma.....but what about the positive things that come back because of the positive you out out there......

    Helping when it's needed...I think that's a part of a problem we see now. You even see it on the IC when niggas talk about solutions to problems and their responses are vague as fuck. Instead of trying to share the information to help others it's like they feel like if they say what they think they know somebody is going to one up them and get a spot they want instead of being confident enough to think that no matter who knows what they're still good enough to achieve their own personal goals.I'll never be on the side of those who respond to being asked for advice they claim to have the answer for with "it's not for me to tell you"...to me that says you really don't know shit or you're not as confident as you claim to be
    2stepz_aheadSion
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    we all need to help and hold each other accountable.

    we can make this right....we can create something powerful

    if i am fukkin up ...i need someone to tell me

    but i also need to have someone help me if i ask for it....

    or maybe just help cause i said i ran into a problem and didnt ask for help.

    what is the harm in helping just because...

    did it harm you in anyway....does it make you feel a grown man can do it himself.

    do you feel ...since you made it without ...he should be able to as well....

    guess what...we never know when we may be on the other end of that need......

    so i will go outta my way just because i want to help.

    people talk about karma.....but what about the positive things that come back because of the positive you out out there......

    Helping when it's needed...I think that's a part of a problem we see now. You even see it on the IC when niggas talk about solutions to problems and their responses are vague as fuck. Instead of trying to share the information to help others it's like they feel like if they say what they think they know somebody is going to one up them and get a spot they want instead of being confident enough to think that no matter who knows what they're still good enough to achieve their own personal goals.I'll never be on the side of those who respond to being asked for advice they claim to have the answer for with "it's not for me to tell you"...to me that says you really don't know shit or you're not as confident as you claim to be

    point taken ...but it can also be to help or suggest the person search for the answers....

    i know one thing....my mentor stays on my ass.....

    calling at crazy times....harassing the fukk outta me...but you know something......i got very far with his help and his persistent harassment.

    i think more of need this but choose to only want it the way they want it rather than how they need it.
    dasmooth1Sion
  • BOSSExcellenceBOSSExcellence all these dollars.. no sense. Posts: 20,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    700 wrote: »
    @BOSSExcellence a pimp but be talking like he a an investment banker

    That shit hilarious

    man let me be great. lol
    Sion
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 24,808 Regulator
    blackrain wrote: »
    we all need to help and hold each other accountable.

    we can make this right....we can create something powerful

    if i am fukkin up ...i need someone to tell me

    but i also need to have someone help me if i ask for it....

    or maybe just help cause i said i ran into a problem and didnt ask for help.

    what is the harm in helping just because...

    did it harm you in anyway....does it make you feel a grown man can do it himself.

    do you feel ...since you made it without ...he should be able to as well....

    guess what...we never know when we may be on the other end of that need......

    so i will go outta my way just because i want to help.

    people talk about karma.....but what about the positive things that come back because of the positive you out out there......

    Helping when it's needed...I think that's a part of a problem we see now. You even see it on the IC when niggas talk about solutions to problems and their responses are vague as fuck. Instead of trying to share the information to help others it's like they feel like if they say what they think they know somebody is going to one up them and get a spot they want instead of being confident enough to think that no matter who knows what they're still good enough to achieve their own personal goals.I'll never be on the side of those who respond to being asked for advice they claim to have the answer for with "it's not for me to tell you"...to me that says you really don't know shit or you're not as confident as you claim to be

    point taken ...but it can also be to help or suggest the person search for the answers....

    i know one thing....my mentor stays on my ass.....

    calling at crazy times....harassing the fukk outta me...but you know something......i got very far with his help and his persistent harassment.

    i think more of need this but choose to only want it the way they want it rather than how they need it.

    Nothing wrong with suggesting someone get the answers for themselves but at least point them in the right direction. Niggas always want to be extra cool on some I know something you don't know elementary school shit. When we talking real life building ain't no room for that. Either make a legit suggestion with the details and plans to back it up or just stay silent but the vague ass "Nah I'm not sharing information just know I got it" shit don't do anybody any good
    2stepz_aheaddasmooth1Sion
  • luke1733luke1733 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    boredom and imagination motivate me. Along with getting older and seeing time motivates me becoming more a factor in realizing things I'm talking about or shutting the fuck up about them. Who I am motivates me to be a better/truer/more sincere version of myself too.
    Fear motivates me a little, the fear of not having a job, losing a job, being alone, insecurities,etcetera.
    Past feelings of accomplishments also motivate me and people's criticisms/positive also motivate me artistically to want to perform better or give something more time because not only do I like what I do but others do too.
    Pussy is also a motivator, but I won't tell my girl that
    Rewards motivate me. Give me my cookie damnit!!
    dasmooth1Sion
  • NeighborhoodNomad. NeighborhoodNomad. Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's so much to say I don't even know where to start. There were so many questions but I'll start with the title.

    Hands down, I'm the most self motivated and driven person I know. And what motivates me is purpose. I know everything has (a) purpose, and so do I.

    When Pac said “I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.” He was speaking about me. Not me alone, but yes, ME. The world will change for the better, and I will have played a part in that. Everything I'm building will benefit all Life on the planet, not just people.

    But I blame all of my limitations on myself, mainly my ignorance. I also realize that nothing in existence is independent of itself, but at the moment, I'm building alone. So being that I haven't built a reliable team or made the necessary connections, I have to build alone and I haven't yet figured out how to build all of these things and invest into all of these ideas with my VERY limited resources (or at least with what I'm aware of as limited). I only build alone because I haven't found anyone to really build with. But at the same time, I know there's avenues I'm not taking that will help, I just don't realize them yet. At the moment I'm strugglin and everybody I know is too (which perpetuates this cycle, a bunch of poor people making poor decisions). At the moment, ALL of my resources go into survival only, so executing these ideas takes a little ingenuity.

    Another reality is, people like me very rarely cross paths with people like 2stepz and others who have the resources and the will to build. To me it seems that in the world there's a lot of financially stable people with questions, and a lot of poor people with answers. So what are we going to do about that? What connections need to be made?

    Also, being that nothing is independent of itself, how does one build several non-profits, co-ops and businesses alone?

    How?

    To be continued...

    workin with limited resource is the best time to create.....because you have to be creative instead of just throwing your resources.

    you tend to think more and process the what ifs.

    if you can learn to eat for a week with tuna, bread and koolaid.

    you should be fine when you you have a fridge full of food.

    but what if you lived like you only had tuna, bread and koolaid when you have the fridge full of food.

    never forget your hunger even when you are not hungry

    I missed this response.

    But yeah, I'm very familiar with being creative and working with limited resources. What I was saying is that right now, I'm at the point where I need to build reliable teams and I haven't found the right people to build with yet so it leaves a whole lot of work for one person. Until I align with the right people, I'll continue to build alone.

    We're beyond the "what if's" and ideas at this phase. I don't even operate on that level to my knowledge. These are actual programs and organizations that are in motion. My limited resources also means I can't "pay" for anyone to build with me at the moment.
    Sion
Sign In or Register to comment.