What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

What motivates you? Could your surroundings be stopping you? Are you your best you?

1234568»

Replies

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When you know what your goals are, suddenly you're not so tired."
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• T. SanfordT. Sanford Trill Doggy Dogg (Legion Of Trill) Posts: 25,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been watching a lot of Dr. Boyce Watkins videos lately.
    giphy.gif

Me: Have you ever heard of T. Sanford

Karla: Yeah

Me: This is T. Sanford, Come on down here and let me tap that ass
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 31,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »

have they helped spark or affirm anything?
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

He have a lot of videos on his channel. I only seen about 4 of them right now. Lately, he just been confirming things that I slightly already thought when he was talking about college tuition & how to utilize your alternatives in education. He said something about a 2 year tech school that you can apply to that's cheaper per semester & their graduates has been working at Google & other tech firms. That kinda sparked an interest. He talk everything tho especially finances
    giphy.gif

2stepz_ahead
  • BigBallsNoWorriesBigBallsNoWorries Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

He have a lot of videos on his channel. I only seen about 4 of them right now. Lately, he just been confirming things that I slightly already thought when he was talking about college tuition & how to utilize your alternatives in education. He said something about a 2 year tech school that you can apply to that's cheaper per semester & their graduates has been working at Google & other tech firms. That kinda sparked an interest. He talk everything tho especially finances

Look up Patrick Bet David

Dude has his whole channel dedicated to entrepreneurship
    You Down to Travel?

I've been International since I was 16

Listen to my thoughts on traveling while black throughout europe, my thoughts on traveling in general and my experiences crazy/interesting stories

at my Travel Blog right here

htttp://www.travelis4life.wordpress.com
    T. Sanford
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The what will come to you, and the how will come to you when the why is important enough." - Dave Ramsey

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

2stepz_ahead

hqg-277.gif

hqg-277.gif

2stepz_aheadT. Sanford
  • MistyKnight MistyKnight YtDemonSlayer WakandaPosts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My kids motivate me, as does my husband and most importantly myself.

If I don't believe in myself then how can I expect anyone else to?

Eternal happiness is my goal in life.
    AP21 wrote: »
    "yeah, I'ma stir up shit between two of the remaining 6 female posters on a male dominated site. Surely they'll like me after this"
    -the fatherless

"Yo, why she posting pictures in a pic thread brah. Who tf she think she is"
    -first ballot Hall of Fame fuck nigga

"A female just posted a pic? Word? Let me see if I can find something wrong with it to point out."
    -raised by a pack of sissies

"A female in a hip hop site? Noooooo. We can't have that"
    -closet homosexual
  • AggieLean.AggieLean. Country ass nigga.Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My little baby girl motivates me. When life becomes unbearable, she pushes me to move forward.

My upbringing and the state I grew up in motivates me as well. Not many make it big out of Mississippi. Ive accomplished some great things, and have even greater things to conquer and accomplish. Whenever they ask where I'm from, I tell them proudly.
    bge680.jpg
    znat04.jpg
    Young_ChitlinT. SanfordCarnage816AZTG
    No matter how great or small your support system is, may your will be greater than it. When your support system exceeds your will, then your willpower will go as far as your go but if you your will exceeds your support system, then you can huddle great hills & move massive mountains with the power of tenacity.

With that being said, I'm currently bumping 400 Degrees. One of the greatest of all time hip hop albums for motivation.
    giphy.gif

Young_Chitlin2stepz_aheadTheBoyRo
  • rickmogulrickmogul IFNOTYNOT Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kat Would U leave Texas for a new gig? I see ur on the hunt. Kinda diff with a child but moving could be the one new chamber for propelling 2 a new echelon 4 some.
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 31,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok...i dont know what the fukk el clasico is....

but this story should be very inspiring...i know i talk trash at times and even low key stunt....but living here in switzerland showed me a whole new level i just....i dunno.

anyway heres the story

my wife and i was invited to lunch by a friend. we arrive and its two other people that was there.
    so after the introductions and small talk...we get on the conversation of what we did for the kids and travel.
    my wife and i talking about how we taking our niece to every disneyland. hong kong is next and cruises and taking the kids first class to PR and Paris for good grades. just general talk.

Man this fucking dude said his teenage son is taking their jet to el clasico with freinds and then dropping them off home in sweden afterwards,then flying back here so their family can go onto figi i think.

i paused for a minute...an just finished my food.

i cant say i ever been on a private jet but i want to experience it at least once an this guy has one. like...he owns it. that shit is inspiring as hell to me. i dont need to be on his but still.

its not about wanting what another person wants, and im far from materialistic but when you think about they just letting their teen just take the plane like we let our kids use the car. the level to this shit is mind boggling.

so far my mentor took me on his boat...not a yacht...but i talk shit to make it seem like it was.
    my neighbor has some sort crazy ass expensive car downstairs. he offered to let me drive it...but im like fukk no...im not putting a dent on that. im cool.
    and now this.

i think i am seeing the life that i am going to come into soon. and i am being prepared for it.

shit makes me want to work just a bit harder and smarter.

just food for thought yall.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

Young_Chitlin
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Posts: 15,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18

I used to but i unsubscribed recently. There's some real valid and problematic criticisms of him.

From click-bait titles, shittin on and trying to exploit Black people to market his shit, hypocrisy, and prob. some more shit I cant think of.

I say take what you can learn from him entrepreneurial-wise but dont get into that cult-like worship that some of his followers have. Challenge him and be objective... ask questions etc. A lot of people seem to believe you have to agree with *everything* somebody says or else.

The amount of negative generalizations going on about Black people on his channel, and in his comments, is astounding.

And his political views are shit. Dude has some personality traits that are borderline petty.
1234568»