What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Alien: Covenant (2017) Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup & Danny McBride

15678911»

Replies

• dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    lazypakman wrote: »
    I loved Prometheus & Covenant

Are you not bothered about this current arc getting its closure then?

What happened?

Fox looked at the reception and box office for Covenant and told Ridley not to bother with the next one.

Good. All Ridley Scott seems to be doing these days is burning his legacy. I'm glad the new Blade Runner was out of his hands. They should have just given Neill Blomkamp a go at Alien if they do insist on milking the franchise to death.
    HundredEyes
  • jay83jay83 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alien was GOAT

But lets not act like Aliens or Alien 3 was amazing

Prometheus & Covenant >> Aliens & Alien 3

Aliens 3 is a toss up depending on how you look at it.

Aliens >> Prometheus and Covenant.

Hell, I would even consider saying AVP >>> Covenant. Covenant is better than AVP2 but so is watching paint dry.

Covenant and Prometheus are great to look at visually. Visual effects cant really compare to to older ones. But storywise and overall as a whole, they are not that great. And this is coming from a guy who was excited about Covenant and had average expectations. Its like they spent all their money on the visuals of the movie instead of writing. Some of the characters use the same logic as teenagers in bad slasher films.
    1325192299_surfing_fail.gif

Black_Samson
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we gonna act like Aliens didnt have the jewish actress playing a bandana rockin chola in outer space.

giphy.gif

Bill Paxton playing a braindead jock who cared about nothing but bustin guns & kickin ass

giphy.gif

Cigar chewing sterotypical drill sargent
    alienseye.gif

Shit was straight out a comic book
    jay83SplackavelliHuey_Ctexas409MorganFreemanKinglord nemesisfortyacresPILL_COSBYnawledge_god
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at gettin a wack & feelings reaction for posting facts.

Just shows the hardcore fans nostalgia be placing these old films on a pedestal
    Huey_C
  • jay83jay83 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at gettin a wack & feelings reaction for posting facts.

Just shows the hardcore fans nostalgia be placing these old films on a pedestal

Im a hardcore fan, and I thought some of the points you made were funny. Its still a great movie though. Bill paxtons character alone is classic. lol. The only critique Id give aliens is i think it went a bit long, and i wanted to see some of the marines live longer but Aliens is not comparable with Covenant man. I watch aliens literally every time its on tv. It has so much replay value.

A shame that a movie from 2017 is so many steps behind a movie from 1979.
    1325192299_surfing_fail.gif

texas409
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,477 Regulator
    I hope that nigga gets stuck watching the Percy Jackson series this weekend.
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
    jay83VulcanRavensapp08_2001
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,019 Regulator
    Alien 3 was kinda wack no diss

For me it's

Aliens
    Alien
    Alien Resurrection
    Covenant
    Prometheus
    Alien 3

And with that I'll dip out while this thread erupts in anger LOLOL

And I enjoyed Prometheus and Covenant bwhahahahha !!!! I liked the philosophical element of Prometheus, it could have been retold better but I understand. Covenant was dope the ending was foul AF tho.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    sapp08_2001
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i enjoyed prometeus and covenant.... alien 3 wasnt good. avp and resussurection were ok but i don't really count them in the universe.... kind like how bride of chucky and all them bullshit movies i dont count
    sapp08_2001
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alien 3 isn't even better than alien 2
    sapp08_2001
15678911»