Alien: Covenant (2017) Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup & Danny McBride

Replies

• Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so the facehugger looked like it was trying to erupt from dudes ribs and spine

• Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 60,162 Regulator
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

I disagree.

My theory makes sense when looking at the anatomy of a FH.
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trailer has got me interested.

But i have been fooled before *cough* prometheus*cough*
    Black_Samsondontdiedontkillanyon
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 60,162 Regulator

I disagree.

Also.... We havent seen how the small FH were created. Only that big fucking starfish.

DonT make any sense to jump right to the pods containing them with out an origin.
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree.

Also.... We havent seen how the small FH were created. Only that big fucking starfish.

DonT make any sense to jump right to the pods containing them with out an origin.

Not a FH in that clip, the following info is from the sizzle reel that's been displayed to various insiders
    It sits there in the tall grass, no bigger than a medium-sized dog but disturbingly larger than the baby xenomorph from Ridley Scott’s original Alien. It is fleshy colored and walking on four legs, holding its weight like tarantula gifted with the speed and precision of a feline. It’s a terrifying piece of work that’s fresh out of the womb (or in this case, a human spine). It’s also one of Alien: Covenant’s many surprises that we got a sneak peek of during the Fox Showcase at Lincoln Center earlier this month.

For the record, this critter’s name is “neomorph,” as revealed by Katherine Waterston during a panel discussion after the footage screened. Indeed, the neomorph appears to be borne from the same general life-cycle as the beloved xenomorph, however from the footage glimpsed alone, we can promise its evolution will be even quicker and more grotesque.
    So then where does the facehugger originate?

Seems like they are skipping them.
    Broddie wrote: »
    I'm not gonna over think the science this time. Still roaming alien planets without helmets lets me know what kinda expectations to go in with this go round. Unlike Prometheus.

Thats a good point.

I am setting myself up for failure already.
  • charles2charles2 Antisocial Extrovert Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested to find out how Fassbender's droid character plays into this.
    charles2 wrote: »
    Interested to find out how Fassbender's droid character plays into this.

Him and shaw crash land on the planet.

New crew lands ten years later, finds david roaming as the "sole inhabitant" of the planet.... And what looks like shaws dogtags.

David obviously still has his prime directive + disdain for humanity cause they took their helmets off.

David been there ten years and didnt notice the spores? Riiiiiiight...
    charles2sapp08_2001aneed123
  • Max.Max. BODY BAG! Posts: 29,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaw was spotted on set tho
    Max. wrote: »
    Shaw was spotted on set tho

Ten...years... Max .

Sge is likely there for a flashback sequence.
    So im suppose to believe that bigass ship landed without disrupting them spores and the on board computer aint pick em up right?

Ok...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So im suppose to believe that bigass ship landed without disrupting them spores and the on board computer aint pick em up right?

Ok...

Its...just a movie bruh. Lol
    edited January 15
    The eggs are made from humans.

In the 2003 DC of Alien, Dallas is shown to be undergoing transformation. Brett is mostly egg with that membrane covering his head.

So there went my facehugger theory.
  • BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 8,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That deleted scene with Dallas and Brett and the cocoons was never considered canon cause the existence of Cameron's queen in Aliens completely contradicts it.
    Black_Samsonsapp08_2001Ajackson17achewon87
  • zzombiezzombie Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to explain the engineers not really interested in the cheap jump scare horror this movie will provide.
    TheNuttinProffessor
    That deleted scene with Dallas and Brett and the cocoons was never considered canon cause the existence of Cameron's queen in Aliens completely contradicts it.

Perhaps that is how queen face huggers are made?
    Broddieachewon87
  • BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 8,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps that is how queen face huggers are made?

Hmmmm....Interesting.
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 21,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    I dont see the hype in Alien movies they make humans look like incompetent idiots compared to a killing machine that bleeds acid has two mouths and can run on walls

In every film we never stand a chance

That's realistic tho
    Huey_CYoung Gunner
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 19,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shits depressing