Alien: Covenant (2017) Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup & Danny McBride

Replies

• sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 6,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    At the movies now bout to watch

@aneed123 Holla back and give a review mane.
    Black_SamsonMr.LVaneed123
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the movie is shit?
    TheGOAT
  • sdotcarter111sdotcarter111 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The movie was cool up until the end. Not because it didnt make sense, but because it made so much sense it was 100% predictable from
    the time david reached for that knife
    until the end. They tried to throw you for a loop with
    David helping the humans get rid of the alien
    but unless you a dumb ass nigga, nobody was falling for that shit. We all knew
    David was playing that long game

Movie was about a 7/10 for me. Enjoyable, and I like that
    EVERYBODY got it
    . But I knew what the ending would be 20 minutes before it happened, to a T, and that made it anticlimactic as hell.

Matter fact I knew what the ending would be an hour and change before it happened, as soon as I saw
    David cutting his hair

One more small problem. We got about 30 seconds worth of footage of something I wanted at least 20 minutes on. Yall know the scene, with
    David releasing the plague on the Engineers
    . The whole reason I wanted a sequel to Prometheus was an
    extended look into the Engineers planet and society, and all we got was half a minute of them getting lit the fuck up. Can we see how them niggas living first? Can we get some questions answered? Can we least see more what the bitches look like? I mean damn.

Anyway, not up to par with the first few alien movies, but still worth a watch.

Black_SamsonInglewood_BTheGOAT
    Fuck them Engineers they wanted to destroy Earth
    texas409Black_SamsonTheGOAT
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 19,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

the engineers been telling us since the first movie that they didnt want us to exist
    sapp08_2001Black_Samson
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 42,312 Regulator
    When that boy from Empire Jussie Smollett was about to get some from ol girl in the shower tho
    alien-covenant-gif.gif?w=620&h=348&crop=1
    TheGOAT
  • sdotcarter111sdotcarter111 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after what we know from Covenant, the aliens in these Alien movies aren't really aliens in the way we classically understand them? The Engineers are aliens. The xenomorphs are just organic biological weapons?
    texas409
  • KnowReasonForPeaceKnowReasonForPeace Legit 80s Baby... Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »

the engineers been telling us since the first movie that they didnt want us to exist

David saw they were on their way to earth when he found the cockpit right?
  • achewon87achewon87 Low End Theorist Survivor Series '97Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it...
    So after what we know from Covenant, the aliens in these Alien movies aren't really aliens in the way we classically understand them? The Engineers are aliens. The xenomorphs are just organic biological weapons?
    What about the giant xeno mural in "Prometheus"? Leads me to believe they have been around before David...
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About to see it right now
    Yeahhh
    Yeah David ain't shit for what he did to Elizabeth Shaw and what he is planning to do to the colonists on the covenant after taking it over.
    achewon87sapp08_2001usmarin3
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i fell asleep like 3 times in the 1st hour and half and still ain't miss shit...i'm done with these movies
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 60,209 Regulator
    Oh... So yall really think Shaw's C-Section scene didnt further infect her huh?

She was gon die regardless... Ten years with another species amniotic fluid spillt on your open wound.... Come on.... All she got was some funky ass staples.
    achewon87hunterschase331TheGOAT

She was gon die regardless... Ten years with another species amniotic fluid spillt on your open wound.... Come on.... All she got was some funky ass staples.

She would have still be alive,David thought those engineers would of change into aliens when he dropped that black goo(Pathogens) on them and they died instantly. With no other one left to experiment on Elizabeth Shaw was used instead as a last resort .

post2.jpg
    Black_Samson
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 21,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could a at least showed Shaw put David's head back on. Also that white bitch did the fat Nigga with the beard wife dirty just left her in that room smh
    sapp08_2001
    aneed123 wrote: »
    They could a at least showed Shaw put David's head back on. Also that white bitch did the fat Nigga with the beard wife dirty just left her in that room smh

They showed a little bit of Shaw putting David head back on in the prologue.
    @aneed123

• Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 60,209 Regulator
    Mr.LV wrote: »

She would have still be alive,David thought those engineers would of change into aliens when he dropped that black goo(Pathogens) on them and they died instantly. With no other one left to experiment on Elizabeth Shaw was used instead as a last resort .

post2.jpg

Bro... Based on everything we know about this anthology series it would be foolish to think Shaw was gon live. No one has come in that close a proximity with an alien life form and lived a long healthy life.

Just not possible.

How could one fhink she was gon be alright after what the black goo did to them other two dudes?

post2.jpg

Bro... Based on everything we know about this anthology series it would be foolish to think Shaw was gon live. No one has come in that close a proximity with an alien life form and lived a long healthy life.

Just not possible.

How could one fhink she was gon be alright after what the black goo did to them other two dudes?

Shaw would have transformed into some alien abomination in prometheus immediately, that black goo doesn't take long to fuck up human dna even David said in alien covenant when one of the crew members ask if he thinks he was effected by it, David said he would of known by now if he was in effected by it.

post2.jpg

Just not possible.

Shaw would have transformed into some alien abomination in prometheus immediately, that black goo doesn't take long to fuck up human dna even David said in alien covenant when one of the crew members ask if he thinks he was effected by it, David said he would of known by now if he was in effected by it.

Shaw's exposure to it was second hand transmission.

She wasnt exposed to the goo, merely a biproduct of it.

I am of the opinion that she was slowly transforming into a queen alien but died due to complications from that quick c-section.

Now here is my question, with Shaw being in stasis would that have slowed her metamorphisis?
    sapp08_2001
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So fucking disappointed. They could of done something epic with the creators angle, but chose to make a cliche gory Alien movie. Niggas running out of ideas in Hollywood. Smh
    Huey_C
  • TheGOATTheGOAT The ReasonPosts: 12,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The movie was cool up until the end. Not because it didnt make sense, but because it made so much sense it was 100% predictable from
    the time david reached for that knife
    until the end. They tried to throw you for a loop with
    David helping the humans get rid of the alien
    but unless you a dumb ass nigga, nobody was falling for that shit. We all knew
    David was playing that long game

Movie was about a 7/10 for me. Enjoyable, and I like that
    EVERYBODY got it
    . But I knew what the ending would be 20 minutes before it happened, to a T, and that made it anticlimactic as hell.

Matter fact I knew what the ending would be an hour and change before it happened, as soon as I saw
    David cutting his hair

One more small problem. We got about 30 seconds worth of footage of something I wanted at least 20 minutes on. Yall know the scene, with
    David releasing the plague on the Engineers
    . The whole reason I wanted a sequel to Prometheus was an
    extended look into the Engineers planet and society, and all we got was half a minute of them getting lit the fuck up. Can we see how them niggas living first? Can we get some questions answered? Can we least see more what the bitches look like? I mean damn.

Anyway, not up to par with the first few alien movies, but still worth a watch.

:lol: "can we at least see what the bitches look like"
    usmarin3