What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite Teaser Trailer

Replies

• SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,033 Regulator
    On the flipside tho if this turns out to be 2v2 then it could have a much smaller cast of characters maybe 24-30 max.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 17,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the licenses for video gaming is different for the films

anyone who was in the old MvSF games should make an appearance, either initially out the box or as dlc
    SionMorganFreemanKingmetal face terrorist
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sion wrote: »
    Yall crazy if you think the X-Men won't be in this.... Capcom is the initiator for this, they can get Disney's approval for their heroes but Fox, etc that owns Xmen would be beyond stupid to not allow the Xmen to be in this game. They had the Xmen in MVC3 and UMVC3 this game won't be any different.

Fox has zero say in this. They only have the cinematic and some merchandising license ownership. They cant approve anyone to be in a video game including any X-Men/Deadpool or Dr. Doom. Marvel still owns them.

This game may as well be called Avengers vs. Capcom.

Maybe the Ultra Ultimate Turbo edition will include X-Men DLC.

Sion
  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall crazy if you think the X-Men won't be in this.... Capcom is the initiator for this, they can get Disney's approval for their heroes but Fox, etc that owns Xmen would be beyond stupid to not allow the Xmen to be in this game. They had the Xmen in MVC3 and UMVC3 this game won't be any different.

The problem is not if FOX would allow the characters in the game (they only hold the movie rights, not the characters themselves), Disney doesn't want to promote anything they won't make money off of. Look at the comics: Fantastic Four comic series got axed and the X-Men are dying, being pushed out to promote the Inhumans.
    Bcotton5SionMorganFreemanKingL3NU
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,033 Regulator

The problem is not if FOX would allow the characters in the game (they only hold the movie rights, not the characters themselves), Disney doesn't want to promote anything they won't make money off of. Look at the comics: Fantastic Four comic series got axed and the X-Men are dying, being pushed out to promote the Inhumans.

Marvel still owns the rights to the characters. Fox only has rights to the movies and merchandising of them. It wasn't a problem for the last 2 games it won't be a problem for this one. The X-Men will be in this game. Give it some time the game is still in development.

You're not making a Marvel vs. Capcom without Marvel characters LOLOLOLOL

This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    The only character I want is Cyclops and I hope they make him as dope as he was in the previous Marvel vs. games, maybe change some of his movesets but keep him similar to his MVC2 version. I miss that nigga man.

They better be sure to give him is OG costume too

f_cyclops_90sxmen.png

Broddie
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Marvel still owns the rights to the characters. Fox only has rights to the movies and merchandising of them. It wasn't a problem for the last 2 games it won't be a problem for this one. The X-Men will be in this game. Give it some time the game is still in development.

You quoted me, but your response is like you didn't even read what I what said, but ok.

Another point tho, MvC 3 came out in 2011. The MCU universe was nowhere near as big as it is now (Avengers didn't even come out until 2012). Disney is all about promoting the characters they have the film, television and toy merchandising rights to. The Avengers, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man & Wasp, Falcon, Black Panther, Thanos, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Captain Marvel, GotG, Doctor Strange....that's like 20+ characters right there lol. Spider-Man will be there because of the deal Marvel & Sony agreed to and Deadpool might even return because of the deal between Fox & Marvel to swap characters between Deadpool & GotG movie.

We hope it's not true, but looking at how Disney has been treating the Fox licensed properties in other forms of media, RIP X-Men & FF. And Wolverine has a new movie coming out...yeah, Disney said fuck that nigga lol. Hope I'm wrong tho.
    focusCeLLaR-DooR
    edited December 2016

They...would all still be all Marvel characters?

Bruh, the MCU barely existed when MvC3 was in development and released 6 years ago. The only movies that existed were Iron Man 1 and those Hulk movies nobody cared about, and no TV shows.

Fast forward to now and it clear were Marvel's priorities are.

You will get hella Avengers, Guardians, Defenders, and Inhumans before mutants.

funkdocdamc
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played the shit outta the first 2 parts on the DC back in the day, still think it would look better 2D drawn and it would be weird not having Cable n Wolverine in the roster but hey, times have changed lol smh
    Broddie
  • HustleThaDonHustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Posts: 28,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 on 2 hell naw!
    1zvevmc.jpg

Know your place......
  • BetaBeta #FastFamily Posts: 64,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If mutants will be in it I need these characters to be in it overall :

Iceman
    Cyclops or cable
    Omega Red
    Venom
    Jin
    Captain Commando
    Thanos
    War Machine
    sonson

Idc after that
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

Sion
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MvC without Wolverine would be weird. He's been in every game, to my knowledge, all the way back to X-Men vs Street Fighter.

But Marvel has a mobile game with damn near everybody on it so I don't really see the difference. I think they'll keep some of the vets. Knowing Disney if they can't profit of it they won't do it. We'll see.
    12715221_1544933472501286_6918897634016329581_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9fa1452681ccbeedd4b6da85510815bf&oe=576D10DE
    SionPILL_COSBY
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The only character I want is Cyclops and I hope they make him as dope as he was in the previous Marvel vs. games, maybe change some of his movesets but keep him similar to his MVC2 version. I miss that nigga man.

They better be sure to give him is OG costume too

f_cyclops_90sxmen.png

Cyclops the GOAT X-Man.

Comic books and video games.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    CeLLaR-DooRSionnawledge_godPILL_COSBY
  • MorganFreemanKingMorganFreemanKing Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna see more of the Infinity Gems in play. I wonder if each character will have a special to a specific gem like in Marvel Super Heroes
    King Of The South = Gold Medalist @ the Special Olympics
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was an interview earlier. They confirmed there would be no assists or X factor in the game. Also, the gems will act like the groove system CvS2. Vesper goes over it.

Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
  • Blazedadon87xBlazedadon87x Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    hiv5sfqruacv.jpg
    focus wrote: »

They...would all still be all Marvel characters?

Bruh, the MCU barely existed when MvC3 was in development and released 6 years ago. The only movies that existed were Iron Man 1 and those Hulk movies nobody cared about, and no TV shows.

Fast forward to now and it clear were Marvel's priorities are.

You will get hella Avengers, Guardians, Defenders, and Inhumans before mutants.

I recalled most of the voice actors that were in the cartoon reprised their respective roles as Avengers characters
    Another separate source has confirmed no Fox movie characters...in the base game, but they will be added later as DLC, including members of the Fantastic Four.

Apparently the reason is Marvel will have to pay merchandising fees to Fox for there inclusion in a physical release. Making them DLC only means they wont be on the boxart or included in story mode, and Marvel can either avoid the fee altogether by making them digital only, or at the very least pay a much smaller "percentage" based on $5 DLC, for example, versus a $60 retail release.

The source said this was a "done deal", the roster was locked down over a year ago and the base game will ship with a roster total in the "low 30's" before any DLC.

SionMorganFreemanKingPILL_COSBY
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,315 Regulator
    I think that's bs
    #Mikeyismod2017
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to get this and I probably will, but i get burnt out on fighting games really fast
  • PaprikaPaprika Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not copping. Capcom is already on my do not buy list for what they did with SF5. And now this, after seeing Captain Marvel in the trailer I knew what it was. She's still getting her push in the comics so that means all X-Men are out.

Best believe I won't buy this game and then pay DLC for a bunch of characters.

The worst type of loss leading, destroy your X-Men and FF fan base because you don't own the movie rights. Good luck with them Inhumans lol.
    PILL_COSBY
  • hueyhuey Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they do away with the infinite combos
    d[-_-]b

Enoch VI-VII
    genocidecutterPILL_COSBY
  • vagrant-718vagrant-718 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paprika wrote: »
    Not copping. Capcom is already on my do not buy list for what they did with SF5. And now this, after seeing Captain Marvel in the trailer I knew what it was. She's still getting her push in the comics so that means all X-Men are out.

The worst type of loss leading, destroy your X-Men and FF fan base because you don't own the movie rights. Good luck with them Inhumans lol.

What did they do with sf5?

DLC for bunch of characters is no diff as the DLC for a bunch of maps, cars, levels etc. should be used to it by now. That's why I wait for goty editions
    PILL_COSBY
  • PaprikaPaprika Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paprika wrote: »

What did they do with sf5?

DLC for bunch of characters is no diff as the DLC for a bunch of maps, cars, levels etc. should be used to it by now. That's why I wait for goty editions

Sony funded a good chunk of SF5 for it to be exclusive to PS4 and the game is released early so they can have it in tournaments. The game upon release didn't have the story mode, or a versus mode.

They use an in-game currency to unlock characters (100,000) and stages (70,000) or you can buy them with cash.

The game is a Paywall mess. The daily challenges to earn fight money was released a few months ago. After having 5 characters released they just announced another 5 to be released.

The gameplay itself is very basic. $60 for the game and then they are on the second season pass. That's $60 off of season passes already.

Net code is trash, colours, alternate costumes all behind a Paywall. We should have seen the end since Resident Evil 5 with its on disc locked content.
    SionMorganFreemanKingPILL_COSBYfocus