What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite Teaser Trailer

Replies

• The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll have to see if it's actually been simplified or not. It's less chaotic because of the lack of assists, but it looks like they made some changes to nullify that loss in some ways. For instance, we see some OTGs for characters that weren't there before and it looks like there is a combo breaker now. Plus the gem abilities look useful so far.

So far the game still clearly needs work, but it looks like they are on a good track.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KnowReasonForPeaceKnowReasonForPeace Legit 80s Baby... Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    What happened to this game? Injustice about to do to this what MKX did to SFV

What did MKX do to SFV? Isn't MKX basically dead now? People complained about SFV, but it's still active.

Most of the damage done to SFV was done by Capcom not competition. The team behind MvC:I have already stated they won't be making those mistakes. I think it's just a case of them announcing the shit too early. We'll probably see something at E3 though.

MKX isn't dead. The game is still very alive and active. Tournaments, updates, online community....

SFV never lived up to the hype.

These niggas live in a fantasy world where MKX didn't outperform SFV in literally every way possible. Capcom wouldve killed for SFV to have had the success MKX did.

Im actually more interested in MvC:I than I am Injustice 2, but Injustice 2 is looking really good and is sure to be another hit. The jury is still out on MvC: I though.

NRS games never have longevity. Soon as injustice 2 comes out mkx won't be heard from again.

Capcom is able to sustain multiple games at the same time. They still have tourney for super turbo and usf4. There's no tournament for mk9 or mk2

Boon talked about making his fighting games tournament viable starting with mk9. Before that it wasnt a point of focus for them. Now they have esports league for mk and injustice, weekly and monthly tournaments with up to 50k in winnings, and a regular at evo. Id say netherrealm is doing fine for recently hopping in the tourney scene in 2011.
    photo.jpg
    focus

Boon talked about making his fighting games tournament viable starting with mk9. Before that it wasnt a point of focus for them. Now they have esports league for mk and injustice, weekly and monthly tournaments with up to 50k in winnings, and a regular at evo. Id say netherrealm is doing fine for recently hopping in the tourney scene in 2011.

They're doing fine. Capcom just has a different model. NRS is getting tournament money, but depends more on big sales with casuals. Capcom botched their release and didn't sell much, but initial sales weren't really their main goal. They are planning on using the Capcom Pro Tour to make money of the games. They confirmed that they will be supporting SFV until 2020.

m63Y62.gif
    genocidecutter
    edited April 27
    Contest of Champions: Console Edition

That leaked roster tho lol

lol People having a fit. It's not a great roster. It's cool with me though. Oh well, sounds like Capcom is about to take another L.

m63Y62.gif
    CeLLaR-DooR
    edited June 13
    9f2fhy9c0qe8.jpg

gin9bxcs9af2.jpg

Profile pic vs tagged pic

PureYangHundredEyes plat-grillz1982
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol People having a fit. It's not a great roster. It's cool with me though. Oh well, sounds like Capcom is about to take another L.

Do they like do this fuck shit on purpose? Why they gotta always try to milk folks through Dlc or shitty rosters?
  • vagrant-718vagrant-718 Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Do they like do this fuck shit on purpose? Why they gotta always try to milk folks through Dlc or shitty rosters?

Capcom don't have any control over the marvel roster
    genocidecutter
    edited June 13
    Why they didnt just show this at the conference I have no idea...

KnowReasonForPeace
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Thanos don't look like the thanos from the old games like marvel super heroes and mv 2

Looks like they wanted to copy paste as many people as possible from mvc3
    silverfoxx
    silverfoxx wrote: »

I don't know man. I honestly don't have a problem with the roster other than it's too small. I don't have a problem with the DLC because DLC practices are much better than the full game small update iterations that Capcom used to do.

That said, Capcom has to know how its fanbase at large feels about some of this shit. You'd think they'd learn some lessons and be smarter about what they do.

m63Y62.gif
    Im more postive on the game after playing the demo. It looks better in person, but still fugly overall. Horrible loading times, and lol at the "story mode". Neatherealm doesnt have anything to worry about there.

But it feels good to play. Its still fun. I miss alot assists though. I miss 3v3 too, but I feel like i'll get over that. I dunno about assists.

Netherrealm studios forcing capcom and namco to put a decent story mode in their fighting games now smh.
    photo.jpg
    Played the demo
    -gfx a step down from sfv
    -loading time before fights can get annoying
    -demo has easy mode for combos which I hate
    Played the demo
    -gfx a step down from sfv
    -loading time before fights can get annoying
    -demo has easy mode for combos which I hate

Ono came out and said they'd fix the graphics.
    Hopefully, the loading time is fixed before released.
    The easy mode combos can be turned off.

m63Y62.gif
    Trash. Graphics trash. Boss trash. Characters trash. Stages trash. Voice acting trash. Fuck this cash grab of a game smh.
    photo.jpg
    All the impressions coming from E3 are that the game is great.

Combofiend did a breakdown with Yipes. The gameplay does look pretty awesome and the in-game graphics look good too. Some of the character models are still shitty. Also, if you think the roster is lackluster, you're still going to think that, with the caveat that even though many of the characters are returning, apparently a lot of them have been changed up in a way that keeps them interesting.

m63Y62.gif
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Easy mode combos means sion is gonna love this game

Pretty much, but umm...I didnt think the dial a combo was optional? Pressing the same button 3 times is an auto combo. Thats just...how this game is? Atleast thats my understaning?

Pretty much, but umm...I didnt think the dial a combo was optional? Pressing the same button 3 times is an auto combo. Thats just...how this game is? Atleast thats my understaning?

Apparently im hearing you can turn it off but capcom left it on by default

Apparently im hearing you can turn it off but capcom left it on by default

Yeah you can turn them off and they aren't very good combos.

m63Y62.gif
    They shouldve just announced this as MCU vs Capcom, and approached it like a spiritual successor to X-Men vs Street Fighter. I think people would recieve it better. They could then justify the roster, 2v2 and overall more accessible design of the game. Then just really blow it out with MCU characters (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Loki, Black Widow, etc).

They shouldve just announced this as MCU vs Capcom, and approached it like a spiritual successor to X-Men vs Street Fighter. I think people would recieve it better. They could then justify the roster, 2v2 and overall more accessible design of the game. Then just really blow it out with MCU characters (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Loki, Black Widow, etc).

They could have done that, but I'm betting they will eventually bring X-men and F4 characters as DLC.

m63Y62.gif
    StoneColdMikey