Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite Teaser Trailer

1235»

Replies

• The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 23,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll have to see if it's actually been simplified or not. It's less chaotic because of the lack of assists, but it looks like they made some changes to nullify that loss in some ways. For instance, we see some OTGs for characters that weren't there before and it looks like there is a combo breaker now. Plus the gem abilities look useful so far.

So far the game still clearly needs work, but it looks like they are on a good track.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KnowReasonForPeaceKnowReasonForPeace Legit 80s Baby... Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    What happened to this game? Injustice about to do to this what MKX did to SFV

What did MKX do to SFV? Isn't MKX basically dead now? People complained about SFV, but it's still active.

Most of the damage done to SFV was done by Capcom not competition. The team behind MvC:I have already stated they won't be making those mistakes. I think it's just a case of them announcing the shit too early. We'll probably see something at E3 though.

MKX isn't dead. The game is still very alive and active. Tournaments, updates, online community....

SFV never lived up to the hype.

These niggas live in a fantasy world where MKX didn't outperform SFV in literally every way possible. Capcom wouldve killed for SFV to have had the success MKX did.

Im actually more interested in MvC:I than I am Injustice 2, but Injustice 2 is looking really good and is sure to be another hit. The jury is still out on MvC: I though.

NRS games never have longevity. Soon as injustice 2 comes out mkx won't be heard from again.

Capcom is able to sustain multiple games at the same time. They still have tourney for super turbo and usf4. There's no tournament for mk9 or mk2

Boon talked about making his fighting games tournament viable starting with mk9. Before that it wasnt a point of focus for them. Now they have esports league for mk and injustice, weekly and monthly tournaments with up to 50k in winnings, and a regular at evo. Id say netherrealm is doing fine for recently hopping in the tourney scene in 2011.
    focus
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 23,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boon talked about making his fighting games tournament viable starting with mk9. Before that it wasnt a point of focus for them. Now they have esports league for mk and injustice, weekly and monthly tournaments with up to 50k in winnings, and a regular at evo. Id say netherrealm is doing fine for recently hopping in the tourney scene in 2011.

They're doing fine. Capcom just has a different model. NRS is getting tournament money, but depends more on big sales with casuals. Capcom botched their release and didn't sell much, but initial sales weren't really their main goal. They are planning on using the Capcom Pro Tour to make money of the games. They confirmed that they will be supporting SFV until 2020.
    genocidecutter
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27
    Contest of Champions: Console Edition

1235»