Is Dak Prescott The Truth?

1235»

Replies

  • Olorun22Olorun22 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Bruh come on. You're asking why a rookie doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt as a 4 time SB champ, 3 time SB.MVP, 2 time regular season MVP, first ever unanimous MVP player with 15 seasons under his belt? And I'm not holding him up to a different standard really. Tom has shown an insanely high level of play over time, and overcome adversity. You just can't acknowledge that because you think you can't have adversity as long as BB is your coach.

    And again, your bias tells you BB didn't count as a coaching genius until the moment Brady starts playing for him. Because that gives you a cop out to any success he has.

    It's not about rookie vs vet. It's about giving credit where credit is due. You can't have it both ways rather it's about dak, russell etc. saying they're only good because of their teams when someone else has had the best teams the past 15 years.


    Russell did it with little help. He's a different situation. I gave credit where it was due. I never said he didn't have a good season. I said to the question "Is he the truth?", that I needed to see more, and said what I needed to see. Not rushing to judgment isn't knocking him. I'd say the same thing for any rookie.

    I also didn't say he was only good because of his team. I said he's in a situation that makes it easier for a QB to excel. He was one of least sacked QB's, had one of the best run games, and he wasn't asked to throw the ball too much.. Good situation to be in. 1 year played, and in that situation....tough to call him the truth yet.

    I'm not saying you say it but that's how other people perceive dak and Russell so me responding to you wasn't necessarily about what you posted its about the reputation that people hold with those players
  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Bruh come on. You're asking why a rookie doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt as a 4 time SB champ, 3 time SB.MVP, 2 time regular season MVP, first ever unanimous MVP player with 15 seasons under his belt? And I'm not holding him up to a different standard really. Tom has shown an insanely high level of play over time, and overcome adversity. You just can't acknowledge that because you think you can't have adversity as long as BB is your coach.

    And again, your bias tells you BB didn't count as a coaching genius until the moment Brady starts playing for him. Because that gives you a cop out to any success he has.

    It's not about rookie vs vet. It's about giving credit where credit is due. You can't have it both ways rather it's about dak, russell etc. saying they're only good because of their teams when someone else has had the best teams the past 15 years.


    Russell did it with little help. He's a different situation. I gave credit where it was due. I never said he didn't have a good season. I said to the question "Is he the truth?", that I needed to see more, and said what I needed to see. Not rushing to judgment isn't knocking him. I'd say the same thing for any rookie.

    I also didn't say he was only good because of his team. I said he's in a situation that makes it easier for a QB to excel. He was one of least sacked QB's, had one of the best run games, and he wasn't asked to throw the ball too much.. Good situation to be in. 1 year played, and in that situation....tough to call him the truth yet.

    I'm not saying you say it but that's how other people perceive dak and Russell so me responding to you wasn't necessarily about what you posted its about the reputation that people hold with those players

    I.get you. I think Dak got lots of love. But how players disappear, and how well the league adjusts to players/schemes I think it takes people longer to really believe in a player. Kaep, RG3, Fitzpatrick, Foles, that piece if shit Josh Freeman all looked dangerous at a time. He did his thing this year. I just dunno who he is yet
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Bruh come on. You're asking why a rookie doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt as a 4 time SB champ, 3 time SB.MVP, 2 time regular season MVP, first ever unanimous MVP player with 15 seasons under his belt? And I'm not holding him up to a different standard really. Tom has shown an insanely high level of play over time, and overcome adversity. You just can't acknowledge that because you think you can't have adversity as long as BB is your coach.

    And again, your bias tells you BB didn't count as a coaching genius until the moment Brady starts playing for him. Because that gives you a cop out to any success he has.

    It's not about rookie vs vet. It's about giving credit where credit is due. You can't have it both ways rather it's about dak, russell etc. saying they're only good because of their teams when someone else has had the best teams the past 15 years.


    Russell did it with little help. He's a different situation. I gave credit where it was due. I never said he didn't have a good season. I said to the question "Is he the truth?", that I needed to see more, and said what I needed to see. Not rushing to judgment isn't knocking him. I'd say the same thing for any rookie.

    I also didn't say he was only good because of his team. I said he's in a situation that makes it easier for a QB to excel. He was one of least sacked QB's, had one of the best run games, and he wasn't asked to throw the ball too much.. Good situation to be in. 1 year played, and in that situation....tough to call him the truth yet.

    I'm not saying you say it but that's how other people perceive dak and Russell so me responding to you wasn't necessarily about what you posted its about the reputation that people hold with those players

    I.get you. I think Dak got lots of love. But how players disappear, and how well the league adjusts to players/schemes I think it takes people longer to really believe in a player. Kaep, RG3, Fitzpatrick, Foles, that piece if shit Josh Freeman all looked dangerous at a time. He did his thing this year. I just dunno who he is yet

    So let me ask you this, if you were the GM of the Cowboys and Dak walked into your office demanding a $100 Million contract for 10 years would you sign him?
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif






  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Bruh come on. You're asking why a rookie doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt as a 4 time SB champ, 3 time SB.MVP, 2 time regular season MVP, first ever unanimous MVP player with 15 seasons under his belt? And I'm not holding him up to a different standard really. Tom has shown an insanely high level of play over time, and overcome adversity. You just can't acknowledge that because you think you can't have adversity as long as BB is your coach.

    And again, your bias tells you BB didn't count as a coaching genius until the moment Brady starts playing for him. Because that gives you a cop out to any success he has.

    It's not about rookie vs vet. It's about giving credit where credit is due. You can't have it both ways rather it's about dak, russell etc. saying they're only good because of their teams when someone else has had the best teams the past 15 years.


    Russell did it with little help. He's a different situation. I gave credit where it was due. I never said he didn't have a good season. I said to the question "Is he the truth?", that I needed to see more, and said what I needed to see. Not rushing to judgment isn't knocking him. I'd say the same thing for any rookie.

    I also didn't say he was only good because of his team. I said he's in a situation that makes it easier for a QB to excel. He was one of least sacked QB's, had one of the best run games, and he wasn't asked to throw the ball too much.. Good situation to be in. 1 year played, and in that situation....tough to call him the truth yet.

    I'm not saying you say it but that's how other people perceive dak and Russell so me responding to you wasn't necessarily about what you posted its about the reputation that people hold with those players

    I.get you. I think Dak got lots of love. But how players disappear, and how well the league adjusts to players/schemes I think it takes people longer to really believe in a player. Kaep, RG3, Fitzpatrick, Foles, that piece if shit Josh Freeman all looked dangerous at a time. He did his thing this year. I just dunno who he is yet

    So let me ask you this, if you were the GM of the Cowboys and Dak walked into your office demanding a $100 Million contract for 10 years would you sign him?

    Be really weird to have a contract for that long, but hell ya. For 10/year I'd be a fool not to sign him. Even if he ends up being just average, you're saving money on him.
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a bargain right there
  • PanchoYoSanchoPanchoYoSancho To all the killas and the hundid dolla billasPosts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Bruh come on. You're asking why a rookie doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt as a 4 time SB champ, 3 time SB.MVP, 2 time regular season MVP, first ever unanimous MVP player with 15 seasons under his belt? And I'm not holding him up to a different standard really. Tom has shown an insanely high level of play over time, and overcome adversity. You just can't acknowledge that because you think you can't have adversity as long as BB is your coach.

    And again, your bias tells you BB didn't count as a coaching genius until the moment Brady starts playing for him. Because that gives you a cop out to any success he has.

    It's not about rookie vs vet. It's about giving credit where credit is due. You can't have it both ways rather it's about dak, russell etc. saying they're only good because of their teams when someone else has had the best teams the past 15 years.


    Russell did it with little help. He's a different situation. I gave credit where it was due. I never said he didn't have a good season. I said to the question "Is he the truth?", that I needed to see more, and said what I needed to see. Not rushing to judgment isn't knocking him. I'd say the same thing for any rookie.

    I also didn't say he was only good because of his team. I said he's in a situation that makes it easier for a QB to excel. He was one of least sacked QB's, had one of the best run games, and he wasn't asked to throw the ball too much.. Good situation to be in. 1 year played, and in that situation....tough to call him the truth yet.

    I'm not saying you say it but that's how other people perceive dak and Russell so me responding to you wasn't necessarily about what you posted its about the reputation that people hold with those players

    I.get you. I think Dak got lots of love. But how players disappear, and how well the league adjusts to players/schemes I think it takes people longer to really believe in a player. Kaep, RG3, Fitzpatrick, Foles, that piece if shit Josh Freeman all looked dangerous at a time. He did his thing this year. I just dunno who he is yet

    So let me ask you this, if you were the GM of the Cowboys and Dak walked into your office demanding a $100 Million contract for 10 years would you sign him?

    10 mil a year for a franchise QB, if he turns out to be one, is chump change and will be ever more so 5 years into that contract.
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Bruh come on. You're asking why a rookie doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt as a 4 time SB champ, 3 time SB.MVP, 2 time regular season MVP, first ever unanimous MVP player with 15 seasons under his belt? And I'm not holding him up to a different standard really. Tom has shown an insanely high level of play over time, and overcome adversity. You just can't acknowledge that because you think you can't have adversity as long as BB is your coach.

    And again, your bias tells you BB didn't count as a coaching genius until the moment Brady starts playing for him. Because that gives you a cop out to any success he has.

    It's not about rookie vs vet. It's about giving credit where credit is due. You can't have it both ways rather it's about dak, russell etc. saying they're only good because of their teams when someone else has had the best teams the past 15 years.


    Russell did it with little help. He's a different situation. I gave credit where it was due. I never said he didn't have a good season. I said to the question "Is he the truth?", that I needed to see more, and said what I needed to see. Not rushing to judgment isn't knocking him. I'd say the same thing for any rookie.

    I also didn't say he was only good because of his team. I said he's in a situation that makes it easier for a QB to excel. He was one of least sacked QB's, had one of the best run games, and he wasn't asked to throw the ball too much.. Good situation to be in. 1 year played, and in that situation....tough to call him the truth yet.

    I'm not saying you say it but that's how other people perceive dak and Russell so me responding to you wasn't necessarily about what you posted its about the reputation that people hold with those players

    I.get you. I think Dak got lots of love. But how players disappear, and how well the league adjusts to players/schemes I think it takes people longer to really believe in a player. Kaep, RG3, Fitzpatrick, Foles, that piece if shit Josh Freeman all looked dangerous at a time. He did his thing this year. I just dunno who he is yet

    So let me ask you this, if you were the GM of the Cowboys and Dak walked into your office demanding a $100 Million contract for 10 years would you sign him?

    Be really weird to have a contract for that long, but hell ya. For 10/year I'd be a fool not to sign him. Even if he ends up being just average, you're saving money on him.
    That's a bargain right there
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Bruh come on. You're asking why a rookie doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt as a 4 time SB champ, 3 time SB.MVP, 2 time regular season MVP, first ever unanimous MVP player with 15 seasons under his belt? And I'm not holding him up to a different standard really. Tom has shown an insanely high level of play over time, and overcome adversity. You just can't acknowledge that because you think you can't have adversity as long as BB is your coach.

    And again, your bias tells you BB didn't count as a coaching genius until the moment Brady starts playing for him. Because that gives you a cop out to any success he has.

    It's not about rookie vs vet. It's about giving credit where credit is due. You can't have it both ways rather it's about dak, russell etc. saying they're only good because of their teams when someone else has had the best teams the past 15 years.


    Russell did it with little help. He's a different situation. I gave credit where it was due. I never said he didn't have a good season. I said to the question "Is he the truth?", that I needed to see more, and said what I needed to see. Not rushing to judgment isn't knocking him. I'd say the same thing for any rookie.

    I also didn't say he was only good because of his team. I said he's in a situation that makes it easier for a QB to excel. He was one of least sacked QB's, had one of the best run games, and he wasn't asked to throw the ball too much.. Good situation to be in. 1 year played, and in that situation....tough to call him the truth yet.

    I'm not saying you say it but that's how other people perceive dak and Russell so me responding to you wasn't necessarily about what you posted its about the reputation that people hold with those players

    I.get you. I think Dak got lots of love. But how players disappear, and how well the league adjusts to players/schemes I think it takes people longer to really believe in a player. Kaep, RG3, Fitzpatrick, Foles, that piece if shit Josh Freeman all looked dangerous at a time. He did his thing this year. I just dunno who he is yet

    So let me ask you this, if you were the GM of the Cowboys and Dak walked into your office demanding a $100 Million contract for 10 years would you sign him?

    10 mil a year for a franchise QB, if he turns out to be one, is chump change and will be ever more so 5 years into that contract.

    So essentially you guys are saying Dak Prescott IS the truth
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif






  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You screwed up the numbers, most top level quarterbacks are making 20+ a year, that's only 10 a year for 10 years, that's a pretty nice bargain for a guy who has proven he can get it done and you can continue to build around him with all that money saved, you should of said 10 years 200 million to make me actually think about it, ideally you don't want to lock up any player for 10 years, that shit never works out in baseball
  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Bruh come on. You're asking why a rookie doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt as a 4 time SB champ, 3 time SB.MVP, 2 time regular season MVP, first ever unanimous MVP player with 15 seasons under his belt? And I'm not holding him up to a different standard really. Tom has shown an insanely high level of play over time, and overcome adversity. You just can't acknowledge that because you think you can't have adversity as long as BB is your coach.

    And again, your bias tells you BB didn't count as a coaching genius until the moment Brady starts playing for him. Because that gives you a cop out to any success he has.

    It's not about rookie vs vet. It's about giving credit where credit is due. You can't have it both ways rather it's about dak, russell etc. saying they're only good because of their teams when someone else has had the best teams the past 15 years.


    Russell did it with little help. He's a different situation. I gave credit where it was due. I never said he didn't have a good season. I said to the question "Is he the truth?", that I needed to see more, and said what I needed to see. Not rushing to judgment isn't knocking him. I'd say the same thing for any rookie.

    I also didn't say he was only good because of his team. I said he's in a situation that makes it easier for a QB to excel. He was one of least sacked QB's, had one of the best run games, and he wasn't asked to throw the ball too much.. Good situation to be in. 1 year played, and in that situation....tough to call him the truth yet.

    I'm not saying you say it but that's how other people perceive dak and Russell so me responding to you wasn't necessarily about what you posted its about the reputation that people hold with those players

    I.get you. I think Dak got lots of love. But how players disappear, and how well the league adjusts to players/schemes I think it takes people longer to really believe in a player. Kaep, RG3, Fitzpatrick, Foles, that piece if shit Josh Freeman all looked dangerous at a time. He did his thing this year. I just dunno who he is yet

    So let me ask you this, if you were the GM of the Cowboys and Dak walked into your office demanding a $100 Million contract for 10 years would you sign him?

    Be really weird to have a contract for that long, but hell ya. For 10/year I'd be a fool not to sign him. Even if he ends up being just average, you're saving money on him.
    That's a bargain right there
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Bruh come on. You're asking why a rookie doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt as a 4 time SB champ, 3 time SB.MVP, 2 time regular season MVP, first ever unanimous MVP player with 15 seasons under his belt? And I'm not holding him up to a different standard really. Tom has shown an insanely high level of play over time, and overcome adversity. You just can't acknowledge that because you think you can't have adversity as long as BB is your coach.

    And again, your bias tells you BB didn't count as a coaching genius until the moment Brady starts playing for him. Because that gives you a cop out to any success he has.

    It's not about rookie vs vet. It's about giving credit where credit is due. You can't have it both ways rather it's about dak, russell etc. saying they're only good because of their teams when someone else has had the best teams the past 15 years.


    Russell did it with little help. He's a different situation. I gave credit where it was due. I never said he didn't have a good season. I said to the question "Is he the truth?", that I needed to see more, and said what I needed to see. Not rushing to judgment isn't knocking him. I'd say the same thing for any rookie.

    I also didn't say he was only good because of his team. I said he's in a situation that makes it easier for a QB to excel. He was one of least sacked QB's, had one of the best run games, and he wasn't asked to throw the ball too much.. Good situation to be in. 1 year played, and in that situation....tough to call him the truth yet.

    I'm not saying you say it but that's how other people perceive dak and Russell so me responding to you wasn't necessarily about what you posted its about the reputation that people hold with those players

    I.get you. I think Dak got lots of love. But how players disappear, and how well the league adjusts to players/schemes I think it takes people longer to really believe in a player. Kaep, RG3, Fitzpatrick, Foles, that piece if shit Josh Freeman all looked dangerous at a time. He did his thing this year. I just dunno who he is yet

    So let me ask you this, if you were the GM of the Cowboys and Dak walked into your office demanding a $100 Million contract for 10 years would you sign him?

    10 mil a year for a franchise QB, if he turns out to be one, is chump change and will be ever more so 5 years into that contract.

    So essentially you guys are saying Dak Prescott IS the truth
    You screwed up the numbers, most top level quarterbacks are making 20+ a year, that's only 10 a year for 10 years, that's a pretty nice bargain for a guy who has proven he can get it done and you can continue to build around him with all that money saved, you should of said 10 years 200 million to make me actually think about it, ideally you don't want to lock up any player for 10 years, that shit never works out in baseball

    What he said. I'm not saying he's the truth this early. But shit, 10 mil/year will be backup money soon. Ol boy in Philly is making 7 I think.
  • KingLuciano KingLuciano Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    As a die hard cowboys fan, I hope so he needs to work on scoring in the red zone we settled for too many field goals.
    Olorun22
1235»
Sign In or Register to comment.