Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing "Rogue One"

1848586878890»

Replies

• fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 1,751 Regulator
    Beta wrote: »
    What if I told you, had mace accepted Anakin more he wouldn't have been right about him?

I been sayin this , Mace was that hatin ass coach who made his star player quit a good sports program.
    BOSSExcellenceAjackson17Inglewood_B
  • BetaBeta Kodi Gang Posts: 53,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    Lol @ kodi having rogue one in great quality only after the blu ray came out

W/e though
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 28,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just thought about it, but there is another thing that people don't know or don't understand about Mace's hard stance against Anakin. Mace's fighting style basically has him skirting the line between the Light Side and Dark Side. He probably understands the Dark Side and it's temptations better than anyone else in the Jedi Order, so he has the best perspective of whether or not accepting Anakin was a good thing.

That's a failure of the prequels though for not really exploring the characters like that. I only knew being a fan of the EU but instead of them wackass senate no one gives a fuck hearings they could've expanded on Mace, brought Bane the bounty hunter from the Clone Wars series, and even expanded a bit on Darth Bane and the rule of two. I'd be in for a trilogy about him personally.
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 29,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can y'all explain how it took Yoda and Obi Wan years to master becoming a force ghost with rigorous training but Anakin just became one without knowing anything about it
    Meester
  • BetaBeta Kodi Gang Posts: 53,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Anakin was the GOAT
    Meester
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iron man1 wrote: »
    I just thought about it, but there is another thing that people don't know or don't understand about Mace's hard stance against Anakin. Mace's fighting style basically has him skirting the line between the Light Side and Dark Side. He probably understands the Dark Side and it's temptations better than anyone else in the Jedi Order, so he has the best perspective of whether or not accepting Anakin was a good thing.

That's a failure of the prequels though for not really exploring the characters like that. I only knew being a fan of the EU but instead of them wackass senate no one gives a fuck hearings they could've expanded on Mace, brought Bane the bounty hunter from the Clone Wars series, and even expanded a bit on Darth Bane and the rule of two. I'd be in for a trilogy about him personally.

I agree, but to be fair, you couldn't have really done that justice in movie form. They needed a series which is why I believe they made the Clone Wars series canon.
    sapp08_2001iron man1Inglewood_B
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Inglewood niggaPosts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had to tone down Mace Windu's trillness so they could focus on unherbifying Hayden Christiansen's Anakin

Had to dig in the crates for this, but I found it

Before he became Vice Principal Windu. Never forget
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, just realized the black kid Anakin helped in Clone Wars that became the hot headed rebel in Rebels is the same dude Forrest played in Rogue One.

1408.gif
    BetaInglewood_Biron man1sapp08_2001