What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) Ryan Gosling,Harrison Ford,Robin Wright,Dave Bautista & Jared Leto

BroddieBroddie just me and my bitchNYCPosts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
Been waiting over 24 years for this. Hope it doesn't suck.
2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
lazypakmandontdiedontkillanyonlord nemesisjee504JoshuaMoshua  Valentinez A. KaiserKairoillestni99ainnesapp08_2001iron man1aneed123rip.dilladallas' 4 evaRue_FlexingtonLEMZIMUS_RAMSEYMr.LVStoneColdMikey
«134

Replies

  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denis Villeneuve, Roger Deakins, Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling, Ridley Scott... There's too much talent involved in this film for it to fail, surely.
    rip.dilla
  • fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 4,170 Regulator
    Dennis Villeneuve in my opinion is the best director in hollywood right now

    404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

    Broddiedontdiedontkillanyon
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw Sicario and dug it. Ain't seen the Arrival yet though I heard it's good. Either way, can't wait till next October.
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75


  • alliedallied Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭
    one of my most anticipated films of 2017. If Gosling can't have success with this his career is shot. Better become a superhero or some shit.
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude is a multimillionaire and has the respect and acclaim of both critics and his industry peers. Something tells me he couldn't care less about mainstream success eluding him.

    Especially since you don't make a sequel to Blade Runner for mainstream success. It's for the artistry.

    Blade Runner was niche thinking man's sci-fi not spectacle sci-fi. Chances are this won't be a major box office hit because it will bore most of today's ADD audience. I just hope he doesn't mumble his way through it like he does in his other movies.
    2604vgo.jpg

    R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • jee504jee504 Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most def checking for this
  • alliedallied Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Dude is a multimillionaire and has the respect and acclaim of both critics and his industry peers. Something tells me he couldn't care less about mainstream success eluding him.

    Especially since you don't make a sequel to Blade Runner for mainstream success. It's for the artistry.

    Blade Runner was niche thinking man's sci-fi not spectacle sci-fi. Chances are this won't be a major box office hit because it will bore most of today's ADD audience. I just hope he doesn't mumble his way through it like he does in his other movies.

    I disagree. I think most of todays actors look for that role in a franchise they can call they're own and milk for 3-4 movies. For whatever reason, Gosling doesn't make people buy tickets. Don't know why cause dude is a solid actor. I hope this is his coming out party for the mainstream.

  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allied wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    Dude is a multimillionaire and has the respect and acclaim of both critics and his industry peers. Something tells me he couldn't care less about mainstream success eluding him.

    Especially since you don't make a sequel to Blade Runner for mainstream success. It's for the artistry.

    Blade Runner was niche thinking man's sci-fi not spectacle sci-fi. Chances are this won't be a major box office hit because it will bore most of today's ADD audience. I just hope he doesn't mumble his way through it like he does in his other movies.

    I disagree. I think most of todays actors look for that role in a franchise they can call they're own and milk for 3-4 movies. For whatever reason, Gosling doesn't make people buy tickets. Don't know why cause dude is a solid actor. I hope this is his coming out party for the mainstream.

    If that's really what he was looking for then he'd be The Joker today. Not Jared Leto.
    2604vgo.jpg

    R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like Gossling dude has dead eyes

    he was funny in that cop movie with Russel Crowe
    HundredEyes not_osirus_jenkinssapp08_2001
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2049? Thought the world would look like
    45qzh7wnm9ep.jpeg
    Classic shit, God I miss original racing games...

    But yeah ill check the movie out...last one with the dude was some dog shit though
    BetaOGDirtyDee
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allied wrote: »
    one of my most anticipated films of 2017. If Gosling can't have success with this his career is shot. Better become a superhero or some shit.

    The Nice Guys with him and Russel Crowe was goat but I guess it didnt do any nrs...
    Kairorip.dillaStoneColdMikey
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    I dont like Gossling dude has dead eyes

    You don't like a dude because of his eyes?

    That's a tad bit gay fella.

    I get what he means. Actors have to be able to have some life behind their eyes in order to convincingly emote. Can't sell emotion without expression and the eyes are very expressive organs.

    Gosling has had issues in the past with emotional range the fact that his eyes are kinda dull probably played a part in that.
    2604vgo.jpg

    R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    texas409
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Dennis Villeneuve in my opinion is the best director in hollywood right now

    Prisoners Sicario And The Arrival (Haven't Seen Enemy) Are Three Of Best Movies I've Seen In The Last 10 Years....Not Sure How I Feel About Ryan Gosling Being The New Blade Runner Tho..I'm Not His Biggest Fan TBH

    Ryan-Gosling-mmc-the-new-mickey-mouse-club-30784703-498-498.png


    Enemy is pretty brilliant.

    Still have to see Arrival though.
    2604vgo.jpg

    R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prisoners was the one film of his so far i couldn't get jiggy with, more down to the narrative structure than anything else.although a reevaluation is due.

    Incendies is a classic to me though and arguably his best film.
  • giftedgifted Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Prisoners was dope to me. That's really what made start checking out his movies. Great, intense style that hooks you mixed with good storytelling. Sicario was dope too. Enemy was weird but gripping. Haven't seen incentives. Might have to see Arrival soon.
    Max.
  • giftedgifted Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Gosling is one of the better actors of this newish generation. He doesn't really chase the mainstream so that's not style. His quiet, deadpan emotionless acting is actually his mmo. Acting and conveying emotion through his dead eyes and smirk actually. Robert Deniro had that same look in Godfather 2. Gosling usually plays the quiet twisted type but The Nice guys and the crazy love joint showed comedic range.
    dontdiedontkillanyonBetarip.dilla
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gifted wrote: »
    Gosling is one of the better actors of this newish generation. He doesn't really chase the mainstream so that's not style. His quiet, deadpan emotionless acting is actually his mmo. Acting and conveying emotion through his dead eyes and smirk actually. Robert Deniro had that same look in Godfather 2. Gosling usually plays the quiet twisted type but The Nice guys and the crazy love joint showed comedic range.

    sometimes he goes too far with it though,his performance in 'Only God Forgives' was the apex of his style in the unbearable form, whereas in 'Drive' he pulled it off because it fitted the character better.

    Personally i think he's a much better actor when he switches the charm offensive on full (Blue Valentine, Half Nelson) rather than being repressive.
    Broddierip.dilla
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Woodz of Inglez Posts: 12,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't watched the first one in full. But I'm in to it
    Quick wit the hands... Readdyyyyyy
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    gifted wrote: »
    Gosling is one of the better actors of this newish generation. He doesn't really chase the mainstream so that's not style. His quiet, deadpan emotionless acting is actually his mmo. Acting and conveying emotion through his dead eyes and smirk actually. Robert Deniro had that same look in Godfather 2. Gosling usually plays the quiet twisted type but The Nice guys and the crazy love joint showed comedic range.

    sometimes he goes too far with it though,his performance in 'Only God Forgives' was the apex of his style in the unbearable form, whereas in 'Drive' he pulled it off because it fitted the character better.

    Personally i think he's a much better actor when he switches the charm offensive on full (Blue Valentine, Half Nelson) rather than being repressive.

    Nicolas Winding Refn would have wanted him to play that kind of performance in Only God Forgives, and I personally think he's good in that film. Watch something like The Neon Demon and the actors have that same dead-eyed delivery.

    Ryan Gosling is underappreciated - he seems like a great fit for Blade Runner.
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    gifted wrote: »
    Gosling is one of the better actors of this newish generation. He doesn't really chase the mainstream so that's not style. His quiet, deadpan emotionless acting is actually his mmo. Acting and conveying emotion through his dead eyes and smirk actually. Robert Deniro had that same look in Godfather 2. Gosling usually plays the quiet twisted type but The Nice guys and the crazy love joint showed comedic range.

    sometimes he goes too far with it though,his performance in 'Only God Forgives' was the apex of his style in the unbearable form, whereas in 'Drive' he pulled it off because it fitted the character better.

    Personally i think he's a much better actor when he switches the charm offensive on full (Blue Valentine, Half Nelson) rather than being repressive.

    Nicolas Winding Refn would have wanted him to play that kind of performance in Only God Forgives, and I personally think he's good in that film. Watch something like The Neon Demon and the actors have that same dead-eyed delivery.

    Ryan Gosling is underappreciated - he seems like a great fit for Blade Runner.

    Yeah but it made sense in The Neon Demon because of the industry and themes running through it, I didn't really think much of that movie either but i give it credit for being something different and that craves to be discussed.

    Did you ever watch Lost River?
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    lazypakman wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    I dont like Gossling dude has dead eyes

    You don't like a dude because of his eyes?

    That's a tad bit gay fella.

    I get what he means. Actors have to be able to have some life behind their eyes in order to convincingly emote. Can't sell emotion without expression and the eyes are very expressive organs.

    Gosling has had issues in the past with emotional range the fact that his eyes are kinda dull probably played a part in that.

    thank you man I figured I shouldnt have to type all of that for someone to understand what I meant but this is the IC where these dudes always turn something into some gay shit.....
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    gifted wrote: »
    Gosling is one of the better actors of this newish generation. He doesn't really chase the mainstream so that's not style. His quiet, deadpan emotionless acting is actually his mmo. Acting and conveying emotion through his dead eyes and smirk actually. Robert Deniro had that same look in Godfather 2. Gosling usually plays the quiet twisted type but The Nice guys and the crazy love joint showed comedic range.

    sometimes he goes too far with it though,his performance in 'Only God Forgives' was the apex of his style in the unbearable form, whereas in 'Drive' he pulled it off because it fitted the character better.

    Personally i think he's a much better actor when he switches the charm offensive on full (Blue Valentine, Half Nelson) rather than being repressive.

    Nicolas Winding Refn would have wanted him to play that kind of performance in Only God Forgives, and I personally think he's good in that film. Watch something like The Neon Demon and the actors have that same dead-eyed delivery.

    Ryan Gosling is underappreciated - he seems like a great fit for Blade Runner.

    do not watch these sick twisted movies in the bold. Any person that finds these kind of gore porn movies good is a psychopath Nicolas Winding Refn needs to get his head examined
    atribecalledgabi
«134
Sign In or Register to comment.