What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Baby Driver (2017) Ansel Elgort, Jamie Foxx, Kevin Spacey , Jon Hamm and Lily James.

2»

Replies

• da-great1da-great1 Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Good movie. 7.5 outta 10 for me

Jamie, Spacey and Hamm killed they roles.

Side note Jamie and Will need to get in more "real" villain roles. I get why they dont but just one from Will would kill the game
    sapp08_2001OmegaConflictdontdiedontkillanyon
  • fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 3,542 Regulator
    Pass. Looks like another predictable action movie

your loss

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

• Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 43,889 Regulator
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Pass. Looks like another predictable action movie

your loss

No it isnt
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    Lou_Cypher
  • BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 9,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5
    Stop comparing this shit to F&F acting like F&F wishes it could be more like this. No because F&F actually cares about car spectacle. This one doesn't even END in a car chase even though one is perfectly set up during dialogue.

Ok that may not be the intent but it is totally not the movie advertised by the trailers at all and that could hurt it cause it could really end up disappointing some. It's just another Edgar Wright comedy in the end. Not really an action flick.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    StoneColdMikey
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4/5

good movie imo
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 50,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to see this shit. I love me an Edgar Wright film.
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    It's just another Edgar Wright comedy in the end. Not really an action flick.

I'm not sure we watched the same movie man, I say this because i didn't find it funny at all, all throughout there's a persistently nasty tone.There's chuckles here and there, But Jamie Foxx for instance,who i thought would just be himself and provide the comic relief was a genuinely vicious and highly detestable character, best peformance i've seen from him since what...djanjo maybe.

• BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 9,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »

I'm not sure we watched the same movie man, I say this because i didn't find it funny at all, all throughout there's a persistently nasty tone.There's chuckles here and there, But Jamie Foxx for instance,who i thought would just be himself and provide the comic relief was a genuinely vicious and highly detestable character, best peformance i've seen from him since what...djanjo maybe.

A lot of dark and quirky humor in this movie. Which makes sense cause it's a heist film by this director. An action movie it really wasn't though. The World's End had more action than this.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »

A lot of dark and quirky humor in this movie. Which makes sense cause it's a heist film by this director. An action movie it really wasn't though. The World's End had more action than this.

It's a musical first isn't it?

Honestly, that's what i took away from it, a musical disguised as a heist, with a massive homage to 'the driver'. compared to his other films ( which i'm not overly keen on aside from Scott Pilgrim which to me is brilliant) the humour in this wasn't at the forefront at all.
    i dont know what you were watching Broddie but there was alot of action set pieces in this movie.

Just because its not as loud as that trash F&F doesnt mean it didnt showcase cars.

and it is a better movie than all the Furious movies...

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

• Angeles1son85Angeles1son85 I'm an animal I shoulda been born in Jumanji Los AngelesPosts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7
    for some reason i thought they made a movie about the game lol
    B000059GTL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    MrCrookedLettersapp08_2001Lou_Cypher
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for some reason i thought they made a movie about the game lol
    B000059GTL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Man Driver 1-3 were the shit
    Angeles1son85jee504Lou_CypherMrCrookedLetter
  • KingLuciano KingLuciano Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    I keep hearing it's good gonna check it out!
    Big Boi made a cameo , he taking to Kevin Spacey in the restaurant.

dope to see that Baby Driver sits at £75 mill in a superhero/sequel filled summer.

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

Lou_Cypher
  • DNB1DNB1 Still nigga... Posts: 19,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watched this...really good movie.

Wasn’t predictable at all.
    Lou_Cypher
2»