What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me"

Nah SonNah Son Habitual Line StepperPosts: 9,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 14 in The Reason
For those who aren’t in the know, All Eyez on Me experiences a nationwide release on Friday, June 16, 2017. The date holds the utmost significance, for it would have the late rap legend’s 46th birthday.

All Eyez on Me is directed by Benny Boom and showcases newcomer (and Makaveli doppelgänger Demetrius Shipp Jr. in the lead role as Tupac Shakur; The Walking Dead’s Danai Gurira as Afeni Shakur; Kat Graham (The Vampire Diaries) as Jada Pinkett; Dominic Santana (Mr. Right) as Suge Knight; Jamal Woolard reprising his role from 2009’s Biggie Smalls biopic Notorious as The Notorious B.I.G.; Keith Robinson (Dreamgirls) as Atron Gregory; Lauren Cohan (The Walking Dead) as Leila Steinberg; and Hill Harper (CSI:NY) as the journalist.

With more than 75 million records sold world (including his All Eyez on Me magnum opus accounting for 10 of those millions) and a historically tragic narrative in Hip Hop that ultimately contributed to his death at just the age of 25, the Tupac biopic definitely has a lot of ground to cover, but early reviews of the film suggest that it’s mission accomplished.

In summer of 2016, The Game proudly proclaimed The Tupac movie is the real deal, shit make that Biggie movie look like a cartoon…I don’t mean no…ay…that’s what it is, homie,” after taking in a screening alongside Program Pictures’ LT Hutton, who also produced the film.

The All Eyez on Me trailer can be seen below.

TheGOATChi SnowTsotsi Cape Towngman82southsil4liltexas409LOLCL

Replies

• RickyRichRickyRich almighty ricky rich Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The upcoming film based on Tupac Shakur's life is due to begin production in June.

The announcement of production on the Tupac biopic is becoming something of an annual news article. With that being said, this time it seems to be for real. Producer Randall Emmett has confirmed that the long-awaited film on Tupac Shakur's life will begin filming in June.

What may have held the film back -- and for good reason -- is earning the rights to use Pac's original music, something that has been detrimental to biopic's past (the infamous Aaliyah Lifetime film among them). Thankfully, we will be hearing Shakur's work in the movie, which will follow him through his early years, to his mainstream success, and ultimately to his untimely death.

While there have been plenty of documentaries (of varying quality) on the late rapper, this marks the first venture into recreating Shakur on film, and will surely be a tough casting process.

Watch the full interview with Randall Emmett below.

The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
    2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

• whatevathehellwhatevathehell Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    good gawd I hope they dont fuck this one up..caught that biggie movie on vh1..I think..the other day and that shit was wack as hell...sorry.

who the fuck is the director...better be john singleton, f gary gray..spike lee and even fucking hype williams.

side note gray young as fuck...he was only 24 when he did friday.

forgot about the hughes brothers...they put in work too.
    Young Stefgman82sapp08_2001south4life
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is some shit... Kobe looks like Pac

A GODDESS/ICON & THE GREATEST FEMALE ARTIST EVER: MARIAH CAREY
    tumblr_mkz8t79VkZ1rmjy4go8_400.gif

KOBE "BEAN" BRYANT
    tumblr_mohdwqEFUv1rz7szho1_500.gif

AMARI COOPER
    coopered.0.gif

Dress Like You Listen To Sinatra And Act Like You Listen To Pac
    rsz_12frank_zps16b2228d.jpg
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mcmenace
    Emcee Menace-The Stranger (Prod.By A.Joy) [Billy Joel Sample]
    Young Stefnickel-us Paladdin1978
  • BoogaSugaBoogaSuga Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good gawd I hope they dont fuck this one up..caught that biggie movie on vh1..I think..the other day and that shit was wack as hell...sorry.

who the fuck is the director...better be john singleton, f gary gray..spike lee and even fucking hype williams.

The Hughes Brothers were only 20 when they made Menace II Society
    Young StefStoneColdMikeysapp08_2001HarlemThumzUp
  • Nah SonNah Son Habitual Line Stepper Posts: 9,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Watching movies about people that youve seen so often on tv and feel like you know them and the way they act and talk is awkward most of the times. Like when Will Smith played Ali I was just sittin there like nah
    onetoughmiracle
  • eternal soldiereternal soldier Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • nickel-us Pnickel-us P Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If kobe could act and was shorter
    Young Stef
  • Ilike2get bakedIlike2get baked If you think about it..it's not me....it's you. Posts: 878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Only Way This Will Work is if John Singleton directs it...his name isn't on it I'm not watching.
    Young Stefeternal soldier
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll watch it along with that NWA joint but I dont expect anything more than to be let down... Black Hollywood lazy as fuck at casting it seems, cause they dont even be trying to get people that look similar

Maybe its just a problem with making biopics with people who have been so over exposed, their real lives were movies.

Or maybe its just hard to find black folks that look alike and can act... I know if they did a Madonna movie or something any ol white bitch could play her and it'd probably be pretty believable.
    16_1_2.gif
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 43,895 Regulator
    Drake can play 2pac
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    5 GrandYoung StefBobOblah
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao ya feel me shit was straight Lifetime movie status. Only thing good was Naturi's titties
    nj2089whatevathehellHarlemThumzUpLcnsdbyROYALTY
  • jee504jee504 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the casting looking like?
    just off the top of my head, the obvious things that need to be included is the black panther influence, digital underground, getting shot, going to jail, of course Biggie, Death Row.
    Its gonna be difficult to compact all of that into a movie.
    I think the documentaries on Pac are good enough. I mean we pretty much know everything about him.
    onetoughmiracleeternal soldier
  • S2JS2J Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats why yall will never get good biopics bc yall so considered w/ what they look like. Get a good unknown actor in there, shave his head, go from there. First thing nggas be concerned about is the exact look and wonder why the movie sucks.

Denzel dont look like Malcolm x. Dude playin MLK dont look like him (even tho im not a fan of him as an actor, him and the movie are oscar nominated)
    DarthRozayJDSTAYWITIT
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't watch the Biggie one, probably won't watch this one
  • whatevathehellwhatevathehell Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pac gon play himself stop playing.
    JDSTAYWITITLcnsdbyROYALTYbears2248Shizlansky
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Get a good unknown actor in there, shave his head, go from there.

Hire this dude

If they don't hire this dude they better find a way to ressurect pac

Lol @ them using the coachella hologram as an actor
    BoogaSugaYoung Steflion_hearteternal soldier