What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me"

Replies

• vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xzl8xb0y4o83.jpg

pj62sftxhfwr.jpg
    sqlabkybz70p.jpg
    alaov9oifemn.jpg

This is the John Singleton script with the Afeni lesbian scene, and the alleged rape scene.

He would've fucked the movie up
    harry knucklezlion_heart
  • kingblaze84kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopPosts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was one of the best movies I've seen in a while

What's with the fake outrage?

Seriously everyone that's saying they left out alot.

What exactly did they leave out?

My thoughts exactly, what did they leave out, outside of the marriage? I wish they mentioned the marriage but outside of that, the movie was powerful and from what I saw, most people in the theater loved it. The 2pac songs and the ways it fit in the scenes was real powerful too, especially when Dear Mama and Brenda's Got a Baby was played. Otherwise, they covered about 95% of the major events in Pac's life, that's a hella good percentage for a two hour plus movie.

Right and people were praising straight outta Compton but they left out more.

1. No mention of Michelle
    2. No mention of Dre and Eazy disses
    3. Completely wrong timeline with pac
    4. No mention of Dre's violence against women
    5. Dre being a super thug
    6. No mention of Bone except for a tape at the end. No mention of them prior
    7. Eazy being broke when he was obviously richer than Dre and still made money of him

I actually liked All Eyez On Me more then Straight Outta Compton, though the acting in SOC may have been slightly better as a whole. But yeah SOC left out a lot......

After Jada Pinkett said she didn't like the image of Pac in the movie, I guess a lot of people just started getting bad expectations, but 2pac was a complex character. The way he was around her may have been very different around other people. The image of 2pac I had was actually what I saw in the movie, I think the portrayal of Pac was mostly on point. The only thing that baffled me was that Puff was nowhere to be seen in the movie, but outside of that, all the major players were there.
    Busta Carmichael
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    I FEEL LIKE EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT "2PAC STORY" & REMEMBER HIM VERY DIFFERENTLY.
    ALL THE STORIES WE HEAR AREN'T REALLY CONSISTANT.
    THAT ALONE MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO PUT TOGETHER A 2PAC MOVIE.

ALSO, I'M NOT INTERESTED AT ALL IN A 2PAC BIOPIC OR MOST HIP-HOP BIOPICS IN GENERAL.

TUPAC RESURRECTION I FEEL WAS THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT HIS LEGACY & WE SHOULD REALLY JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT.

Yeah a lot of this is accurate, some people maybe didn't like how 2pac was portrayed as a big time playa who always had naked girls around him lol, maybe some wanted to see the more serious side of Pac (which I think they showed), maybe some wanted to see more of the rapping Pac, maybe others wanted to see some other shit. But from every story I've heard about Pac, he was a complex man, but ironically the movie hits on that too. His contradictions are explained in detail in the movie, how he can make a song like Brenda's Got a Baby one minute, and I Get Around in the next.

So it's gonna be hard to satisfy all Pac fans at the same time, he had so many different traits, no one can agree on who he truly was.
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 12,458 Regulator
    BTW I never saw an IPhone in the movie......

There was no iPhone. And I remember someone saying Tupac was Milly rocking in the movie. Which didn't happen either.

Either someone in Hollywood is paying people to troll and bash the movie or the Pac stans are just wilding out because it didn't show their father writing 3 songs while taking a shit.
    kingblaze84BlackAX410lethal5

There was no iPhone. And I remember someone saying Tupac was Milly rocking in the movie. Which didn't happen either.

Either someone in Hollywood is paying people to troll and bash the movie or the Pac stans are just wilding out because it didn't show their father writing 3 songs while taking a shit.

Word lol, the closest I can think of to the IPhone making an appearance is a ring tone which sounded like a modern one maybe once, but there were no fidget spinners, Iphones, or other modern bullshit people mentioned here.

I admit to being a die hard 2pac fan myself, but I came in there with realistic expectations. Some of these niggas here wanted Pac to just walk through the movie screen like Jesus Christ reincarnated or something. At the end of the day, it's a movie and I can tell the director wanted to pack as much stuff into the movie as possible. An impossible task but he tried his best.
    Busta Carmichael
  • SELASI_iSELASI_i DARK VEDA KCPosts: 2,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah b. That shit wasn't no movie just re-enactments. No back stories or private conversations that we were not already privy to. No introspection inside the mind of Pac. No background on showing him and biggie as friends. It was decent I'd say 6/10 and that's being generous as me as a fan of his music.
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    Nah b. That shit wasn't no movie just re-enactments. No back stories or private conversations that we were not already privy to. No introspection inside the mind of Pac. No background on showing him and biggie as friends. It was decent I'd say 6/10 and that's being generous as me as a fan of his music.

I'm a little confused at when you said there was no introspection in his mind? Didn't the movie show a lot of what 2pac thought about life, especially when it comes to some of his contradictions?

And his friendship with Biggie took up a good size of the movie, they were shown hanging at parties and even on a movie set. Even showed how Biggie tried to visit Pac in the hospital. I do agree I wish they could have gone into more detail when it comes to those things.

I'm a little confused at when you said there was no introspection in his mind? Didn't the movie show a lot of what 2pac thought about life, especially when it comes to some of his contradictions?

And his friendship with Biggie took up a good size of the movie, they were shown hanging at parties and even on a movie set. Even showed how Biggie tried to visit Pac in the hospital. I do agree I wish they could have gone into more detail when it comes to those things.

So you do agree? I'm not about to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes. The interview in jail that took up half the movie flashing back? That was self explanation. Whoever was seriously in charge of this shit could not have been a true Pac supporter. How you gonna have Pac talking about finishing up his obligations at death-row but then suge punks him into taking death-row east and staying? Puffy made sure his character was non existant. The outlawz managed to play themselves 20 years after the fact? It was a synopsis, this happened then that happened then this happened. No real insight as far as making hit em up, probably the most controversial song of Pac's career. I can go on but like I said its ok, its watchable.
    RickyRich
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 44,201 Regulator

So you do agree? I'm not about to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes. The interview in jail that took up half the movie flashing back? That was self explanation. Whoever was seriously in charge of this shit could not have been a true Pac supporter. How you gonna have Pac talking about finishing up his obligations at death-row but then suge punks him into taking death-row east and staying? Puffy made sure his character was non existant. The outlawz managed to play themselves 20 years after the fact? It was a synopsis, this happened then that happened then this happened. No real insight as far as making hit em up, probably the most controversial song of Pac's career. I can go on but like I said its ok, its watchable.

Fun fact: Pac wasn't even going to be running Death Row East. Eric B and another cat was going to be running everything.
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
    SELASI_ilion_heartachewon87southsil4lil
    Cain wrote: »

Fun fact: Pac wasn't even going to be running Death Row East. Eric B and another cat was going to be running everything.

Fact. Making the movie even farther from the truth
    edited June 28

The Outlawz cosigned this movie, which to me is a big thing, but the whole Deathrow East thing is something Pac seemed to be enthusiastic about. Pac was complex, yeah he did talk about leaving Death Row after his 3 albums was up but he still had some loyalty to Suge and his crew. Look at how Pac acted in Vegas, he was in deep with Deathrow. Idi Amin and the others still look KINDA young, so them playing themselves didn't bother me too much.

I do feel what you're saying about Hit Em Up, I definitely wish they got into more background on that. But maybe the director assumed most of us knew the whole story about why the beef began, we all pretty much know why 2pac had beef with Biggie already.
    Cain wrote: »

Really? Damn I didn't even know that. I'm sure 2pac would have had a lot of input and some level of control though. He was still a big star and big stars always have influence on projects like that. It was 2pac's idea after all.
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it yet but Pac didn't have the business acumen to run Death Row East.

In fact, Suge didn't have the business acumen to run Death Row period.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

5 Grand wrote: »
    Haven't seen it yet but Pac didn't have the business acumen to run Death Row East.

In fact, Suge didn't have the business acumen to run Death Row period.

Probably accurate. As much as I love 2pac, he died with supposedly 2 grand in his bank account. We all know how Death Row ended up.

The Outlawz cosigned this movie, which to me is a big thing, but the whole Deathrow East thing is something Pac seemed to be enthusiastic about. Pac was complex, yeah he did talk about leaving Death Row after his 3 albums was up but he still had some loyalty to Suge and his crew. Look at how Pac acted in Vegas, he was in deep with Deathrow. Idi Amin and the others still look KINDA young, so them playing themselves didn't bother me too much.

I do feel what you're saying about Hit Em Up, I definitely wish they got into more background on that. But maybe the director assumed most of us knew the whole story about why the beef began, we all pretty much know why 2pac had beef with Biggie already.

Man the outlawz cosigned that check. Straight up. I ain't mad at em tho. Get ya money but they was lil niggas at the time and I know its a lot of conversations held that they wasn't around for especially between Pac and suge. I feel like suge is the only person that could honestly say what Pac was like on death row from a behind the scenes standpoint and right now that's impossible.

Maybe lol, what did you think of Suge's portrayal in the movie? I thought that was one of the better parts of the film IMO.

Man the outlawz cosigned that check. Straight up. I ain't mad at em tho. Get ya money but they was lil niggas at the time and I know its a lot of conversations held that they wasn't around for especially between Pac and suge. I feel like suge is the only person that could honestly say what Pac was like on death row from a behind the scenes standpoint and right now that's impossible.

Maybe lol, what did you think of Suge's portrayal in the movie? I thought that was one of the better parts of the film IMO.

I thought he was convincing as a bully which he may have been according to most people close to that situation, but suge also was a likeable guy which didn't make the movie. Also Pac and suge was homies, to the point where some of the other artist started to feel pushed to the side because of suge's admiration for Pac. Suge liked that firey side of Pac and they talked about moving these distributors out the game on some total takeover shit.
    kingblaze84
    edited June 28

I thought he was convincing as a bully which he may have been according to most people close to that situation, but suge also was a likeable guy which didn't make the movie. Also Pac and suge was homies, to the point where some of the other artist started to feel pushed to the side because of suge's admiration for Pac. Suge liked that firey side of Pac and they talked about moving these distributors out the game on some total takeover shit.

I agree, except I did find Suge to be likable, at least in the beginning. When Pac was stuck in jail, unable to make bail, Suge came in like a knight in shining armor, promising I think 3 million and a house? Either way, I did like that part about Suge, I found him likable from the perspective of him doing what he could for Pac and helping him with his financial problems. Pac was maybe a legend already by the time he was in Rikers, I'm still shocked no one except Suge was willing to bail him out. At least that's what the movie shows.
    SELASI_i
    edited June 28

I agree, except I did find Suge to be likable, at least in the beginning. When Pac was stuck in jail, unable to make bail, Suge came in like a knight in shining armor, promising I think 3 million and a house? Either way, I did like that part about Suge, I found him likable from the perspective of him doing what he could for Pac and helping him with his financial problems. Pac was maybe a legend already by the time he was in Rikers, I'm still shocked no one except Suge was willing to bail him out. At least that's what the movie shows.

No I mean in real life suge is likeable but not like that in the film. U see pieces like when he told dude don't let him steal it again about the chain. But suge was a jokester, just sometimes a joke would turn serious.
    edited June 28

No I mean in real life suge is likeable but not like that in the film

Oh aight, yeah Suge probably is very likable in real life, he had a big and loyal crew around him for a long time. But just like in Straight Outta Compton, Suge is the default bad guy in the movie.
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ the bolded. Nobody wanted to bail him out because of all his legal troubles. He was always getting arrested or going to court for one reason or another. Who needs the headache?

And when its all said and done, Suge didn't get his money's worth. Pac was on Death Row for about 6 months before he died and Suge went to jail. By the time he got out of jail Death Row was over. From what I understand Suge had to sell Death Row to pay for his personal legal problems.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

• AP21AP21 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yo kingblaze

which one are you

Benny Boom or LT Hutton?
    kingblaze84DarthRozayBlackAX410Cain
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28

nah, people was talking about the down time in b/t scenes while filming when he was doing the milly rock

nobody claimed he actually did in the movie

correction...it was at the premiere

Busta Carmichael
    edited June 28
    5 Grand wrote: »

@ the bolded. Nobody wanted to bail him out because of all his legal troubles. He was always getting arrested or going to court for one reason or another. Who needs the headache?

And when its all said and done, Suge didn't get his money's worth. Pac was on Death Row for about 6 months before he died and Suge went to jail. By the time he got out of jail Death Row was over. From what I understand Suge had to sell Death Row to pay for his personal legal problems.

Yeah I get what you're saying, it's tragic Pac got into a lot of those situations back in the day. I'm sure some of those situations weren't his fault, but I'm sure some of them were. Ironically, Pac would have probably been arrested again after the Vegas incident, I'm still grateful for the music he dropped from Death Row though. In all likelihood he would have only gotten better and likely save Death Row in the process, as Makaveli showed he wasn't slowing down. Damn shame.
    Soloman_The_Wise