What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official 2017 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

Replies

• joeyfkncrakkjoeyfkncrakk Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13
    Real deal, LA Chargers are the sleeper of the league... we might be a super bowl contender if we stay healthy, I think we got a great chance at winning the division crazy or not... we are loaded on offense and the defense is a sleeping giant... we stay healthy we competing with anybody
  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15
    Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman says NFL players would have to be willing to strike in order to get huge guaranteed contracts like the ones being signed this offseason by NBA players.

On Saturday, NBA free agents agreed to deals totaling nearly $1 billion in the first 24 hours of free agency.

In an appearance on the ESPYS Red Carpet on Wednesday, Sherman was asked by ESPN's Jalen Rose if NFL players would have to consider striking to get similar deals.

"Oh, 100 percent," Sherman said. "If we want as the NFL, as a union, to get anything done, players have to be willing to strike. That's the thing that guys need to 100 percent realize.

"You're going to have to miss games, you're going to have to lose some money if you're willing to make the point, because that's how MLB and NBA got it done. They missed games, they struck, they flexed every bit of power they had, and it was awesome. It worked out for them."

Sherman also said NFL players have to re-evaluate how they look at contracts and longevity, pointing to deals signed by the Golden State Warriors' Kevin Durant and the Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James.

"NBA players like KD and LeBron are sitting there taking two-year deals like it's nothing," Sherman said. "They figure, 'I'll take a two-year deal because I'm going to wait for the salary cap to increase and get another bite at the apple.' In our sport, they won't do it."

I think Sherman is a smart dude, but this is mostly nonsense. Something else that sounds good, but doesn't work in real life.

It could. But NFL players need unity and be willing to not play a whole season. Not a bluff, but really be prepared to not play a whole season. Also the big time players need to be vocal. Brady, cam, watt, Rodgers. NFL players are getting the short end of the stick compared to MLB n nba players

They're not gonna do that. That's a recommendation from a wealthy player who's under 30. Teams are mostly backup players whose career can be over any given week. You think any 2nd string players are gonna lose a year of pay on what could be an only 3 - 6 year career? Or any aging players are trying to throw away one of their last few years in the league? If you're a rookie that just got drafted you gonna sit out a year before you even play a game?

Also fuck a guaranteed contract (from a fan perspective). Football is a violent game where talent can fade quickly, and players may not transition well to new teams. You want to see your squad haunted by bad contracts, and stopping you from affording free agents? I like that my team can cut a player that's no longer living up to his contract, and replace him with someone worth the money.
    O.G.
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14
    I cant lie...im ready for preseason to start. Ready to finally get this Hackenberg process started.

@5th Letter
    @PapaDoc223
    @qeezus_price
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 36,953 Regulator
    marc123 wrote: »
    I cant lie...im ready for preseaso to start. Ready to finally get this Hackenberg process started.

@5th Letter
    @PapaDoc223
    @qeezus_price

What are your expectations for him? @marc123
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
  • qeezus_priceqeezus_price Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant lie...im ready for preseaso to start. Ready to finally get this Hackenberg process started.

@5th Letter
    @PapaDoc223
    @qeezus_price

Man I hope he proves all the naysayers wrong. I just want to see some kind of progression from him, and he can read a nfl defense.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT22D6TFFXtPTcu_KLTR0L_-CitwdUXHAuhhjahMLI8YpwB34wb
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14
    5th Letter wrote: »

@5th Letter
    @PapaDoc223
    @qeezus_price

low expectations. but im hoping for the best. hopefully he can be one of the players who had a meh college playing career. but ends up being a solid to above average pro.

early reports are his throwing accuracy is woat tho.

im hoping we add another RB before wk 1 to help out....I was reading TJ Yeldon may be the 53 man roster spot bubble
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 36,953 Regulator
    5th Letter wrote: »

@5th Letter
    @PapaDoc223
    @qeezus_price

low expectations. but im hoping for the best. hopefully he can be one of the players who had a meh college playing career. but ends up being a solid to above average pro.

early reports are his throwing accuracy is woat tho.

im hoping we add another RB before wk 1 to help out....I was reading TJ Yeldon may be the 53 man roster spot bubble

I don't think he's any good but I'll give him a chance and most Jets fans should as well.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard Zeke may be getting ready for a brief suspension. NFL sure drug their feet this shit
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Stewstringer bell
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard Zeke may be getting ready for a brief suspension. NFL sure drug their feet this shit

vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    nj2089
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20047210/dallas-cowboys-running-back-ezekiel-elliott-preparing-response-nfl-investigation
    Sources: Elliott preparing response to NFL

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has received a report from the NFL on its findings related to its investigation into a 2016 assault accusation against him and he is preparing a response to the league that is expected to be submitted sometime over the next week, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Multiple sources close to the situation told Schefter that Elliott could face a one- or two-game suspension, but the league has denied that any decision on discipline has been made, and could not be made until its investigation is complete.

"The NFL is looking to pin something on him," one source familiar with the investigation said.

It is one of the reasons that Elliott now is bracing for a short suspension, even if the league insists no decisions have been made, sources said.

Last July, Elliott was questioned by Columbus, Ohio, police after a former girlfriend alleged an incident in which Elliott forcibly pulled her out of a car. The district attorney chose not to pursue charges against Elliott because of conflicting stories. Witnesses at the scene said they did not see an assault occur.

When the Cowboys' season ended in January, Elliott said he wanted "closure."

"I would rather it not drag on this long," Elliott said. "If there was something to find, which there's not, they would've found it by now. The police did a very thorough investigation. It just seems like they're dragging their feet right now. Who knows, man? I'm just ready for it to end."

According to the league's personal conduct policy, a player can be punished by the NFL even if he does not face legal punishment. A first-time violation of the policy carries a six-game suspension, but it also allows for a lesser penalty if mitigating factors are involved.
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

• joeyfkncrakkjoeyfkncrakk Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck the NFL..!
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

O.G.Maywood
  • TheBoyRoTheBoyRo Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantasy football time!!!!
  • southsil4lilsouthsil4lil Short TexasPosts: 9,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll never understand the willingness to risk at all over some dumb shit smh
    Alpha_Ambition Young GunnerVulcanRaven
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol seems like it'd be hard as hell to catch a weapons charge in Texas.

• StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 51,861 Regulator
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20047210/dallas-cowboys-running-back-ezekiel-elliott-preparing-response-nfl-investigation
    Sources: Elliott preparing response to NFL

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has received a report from the NFL on its findings related to its investigation into a 2016 assault accusation against him and he is preparing a response to the league that is expected to be submitted sometime over the next week, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Multiple sources close to the situation told Schefter that Elliott could face a one- or two-game suspension, but the league has denied that any decision on discipline has been made, and could not be made until its investigation is complete.

"The NFL is looking to pin something on him," one source familiar with the investigation said.

It is one of the reasons that Elliott now is bracing for a short suspension, even if the league insists no decisions have been made, sources said.

Last July, Elliott was questioned by Columbus, Ohio, police after a former girlfriend alleged an incident in which Elliott forcibly pulled her out of a car. The district attorney chose not to pursue charges against Elliott because of conflicting stories. Witnesses at the scene said they did not see an assault occur.

When the Cowboys' season ended in January, Elliott said he wanted "closure."

"I would rather it not drag on this long," Elliott said. "If there was something to find, which there's not, they would've found it by now. The police did a very thorough investigation. It just seems like they're dragging their feet right now. Who knows, man? I'm just ready for it to end."

According to the league's personal conduct policy, a player can be punished by the NFL even if he does not face legal punishment. A first-time violation of the policy carries a six-game suspension, but it also allows for a lesser penalty if mitigating factors are involved.

So even when you not guilty you can be punished because they say so lol

When it's against the Cowboys it's ok.
  • blakfyahkingblakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Posts: 15,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redskins finally gon fuck up with Cousins contract

deadline is tomorrow......and they gon be dumb enough to let him play under the franchise tag again SMH
    tumblr_maj8y0LU9Y1qimbeto1_500.jpg
  • HustleThaDonHustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll never understand the willingness to risk at all over some dumb shit smh

His lawyer came out and said the gun was his but he bought it legally and the weed was someone else's in the car and hes gonna take a drug test to prove it.
    1zvevmc.jpg

Know your place......
    southsil4lil
    Lmao guess they got mad all them scat backs he drafted

bow to royalty