The Official 2017 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

Replies

• bless the childbless the child Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just seen a report saying the giants play 4 teams coming off their bye. The raiders have a crazy stretch between week 11-15. Can't wait for the season...hope we sweep the nfc east or at least the Deadskins lol

Giants getting it this year. Eagles got fucked like that last season
  • numbaz...80's babynumbaz...80's baby Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Philly will win the East. Address that secondary in the draft. Pick up a RB and they'll be force.
    purpngoldbless the childStewCJCottonCitySlimMaywoodPanchoYoSancho
  • NCswagNCswag Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superbowl rematch is week 7 on Sunday night in New England.

Mark my words...falcons are getting blown out.

Regular season dont even matter no more. It's Super Bowl or bust from here on out.

Baby steps.....yall ain't gonna make it out the regular season as nfc south champs. I'm biased....but even Tampa might take that shit.
    edited April 21
    That coaching staff, in Tampa, is dog shit. A joke, they'll never be shit with Kutty and Mike Smith. Never

edited April 21
    Keep thinking ya'll immune to that Super Bowl hangover, especially in the pathetic fashion ya'll lost. 7-9 on deck

I'm not thinking we're immune. We can go 7-9 or 16-0. It's a bust without a Super Bowl.

Super Bowl or bust. I dont think yall understand what that means. Get out of ya feelings. Your coaching staff is trash. You know it and I know it.
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol you bringing up coaching but Dan Quinn started out 5-0 on his first year in Atlanta. Ya'll finished 8-8 and ain't make the playoffs. Then of course this past February he coached over the biggest choke job in NFL history. :#
    edited April 21
    He's was rebuilding Coach Kutty and Mike Smith's wack ass roster his 1st season. He's still shitting on Coach Kutty and Mike Smith by a long shot. How Tampa do those 2 seasons btw?
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 21,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falcon fans talking shit like that defense was top ten. WE saw last year that defense was the weakness.
    Points allowed: 27 out of 32
    Takeaways: 16 out of 32
    Yards allowed: 25 out of 32
    Getting Dontari Poe is a risk/reward. If he is okay. Then they are at least top 15. If he is still hurting. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

The Super Bowl played out just like the regular season and even the post season in ways.
    Falcons offense jump out to a big lead and dont do shit afterwards.
    The Falcons defense look like the Seattle D for 2 1/2 quarters and need a turnover or a big play to win the game.
    In the regular season they were able to win the games................most of the time.
    In the super bowl........................well we know what happened.

If they fall off it will be injuries that knock them off. Injuries to the offensive line because that was the one of many reasons they lost the super bowl. They also have to outscore people. Getting Poe and their CB back from injury is not going to change that.
    edited April 21
    All of that is true.

That still dont change shit. Super Bowl or bust. We aint happy about winning this sorry ass division. Saints trash, Carolina trash and Tampa coaching staff trash. We want rings. Whats wrong with that?
    caddo man
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's was rebuilding Coach Kutty and Mike Smith's wack ass roster his 1st season. He's still shitting on Coach Kutty and Mike Smith by a long shot. How Tampa do those 2 seasons btw?

Jury still out on Koetter. He did do better in his first year than Dan Quinn did in his. Mike had us playing good defense in the second half of the season. I'm just saying, how you going to specifically talk shit bout our coaching like Atlanta working with that old Bill Walsh coaching tree?
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 48,153 Regulator
    Schedule release fights, love it!
    natural born sinnersStoneColdMikey
    edited April 21
    Cuz Quinn went to the Super Bowl in 2 years and Kutty went fishing week 16, both seasons.
    Idk fam, I probably wouldn't pull the SB card if you choked that bitch away
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 21,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divisions go through cycles. Especially the NFC South. I remember the NFC west being consider a garbage dump. AFC WEst also.
    The Falcons need to find those Defensive stars to match their offensive stars.
    The Panthers had theirs with Luke, J. Norman and Star. They won consistently. one went down, one left. They lost last year.
    The Falcons have some for consideration but can they do it another year and then surround them with solid players?

One year during the Saints winning did they have great defensive play. Even during the super bowl year it was bend dont break.
    The best defensive year under Payton was 2013. The defense was 4th in the league. That was also the year before they got rid of all the veterans in the defense.

My point: you cant lean on Offense to win.
    edited April 21
    You do know the league's leading pass-rusher plays for Atlanta right? Falcons' pro bowl cb got hurt last season, as you mentioned. The secondary suffered because of it. He's returning unlike Carolina's cb. The "all rookie team MLB nickle cb & SS" are Falcons. All returning. Carolina loss key defensive players. Atlanta added key defensive players.

Oh yea, Cam's 2 out of 6 seasons with a winning record isnt winning consistantly. Maybe thats just me.
    Idk fam, I probably wouldn't pull the SB card if you choked that bitch away

I would, you have to be close to choke it away unlike the Panthers. Them niggaz never had a chance.

I'm just trying to see how i'm supposed to be happy about winning the division after an overtime loss in the Super Bowl.
  • af.r.i.c.a.af.r.i.c.a. Fuck your reactions Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Ounceman wrote: »
    1 Sep 10 OAK @ TEN W

2 Sep 17 TEN @ JAX L

3 Sep 24 SEA @ TEN L

4 Oct 01 TEN @ HOU L

5 Oct 08 TEN @ MIA W

6 Oct 16 IND @ TEN W

7 Oct 22 TEN @ CLE W

8 Bye

9 Nov 05 BAL @ TEN W

10 Nov 12 CIN @ TEN W

11 Nov 16 TEN @ PIT L

12 Nov 26 TEN @ IND W

13 Dec 03 HOU @ TEN W

14 Dec 10 TEN @ ARI L

15 Dec 17 TEN @ SF W

16 Dec 24 LA @ TEN W

17 Dec 31 JAX @ TEN W

i can get with that. we also got 2 primetime games this season. we makin progress lol

Yes sir we're coming up. Just need to hit on this draft and we should be primed to make the playoffs. Marcus seems to be slightly ahead of schedule in his recovery btw which is great. Should be able to get a per season game or two under his belt to knock the rust off.

U guys are the ones i fear the most, especially with our fucked up QB situation. I hope we come to our senses and sign Kaepernick before training camp.

We still have some holes to fill but we should be able to take care of them thru the draft. I'm glad Romo didn't end up with y'all. That would have been a game changer. As ludicrous as it sounds the Jags could be a threat. Thier defense has the talent to be one of the best in the league. If they continue to add pieces to that O line and take LF with thier first pick they're going to be dangerous.
  • Max.Max. BODY BAG! Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jdr is on a play to seattle

I think sherman can be a raider by the draft
    Whatever happened with Beastmode?
  • natural born sinnersnatural born sinners Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Seahawks are holding shit up
    numbaz...80's baby
  • O.G.O.G. GUILTY BY AFFILIATION. Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Seahawks are holding shit up

as they should.
    Stewnumbaz...80's babynatural born sinnersCottonCitySlim
  • MallyGMallyG I Take Myself Out on Dates Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22
    I think Philly will win the East. Address that secondary in the draft. Pick up a RB and they'll be force.

The draft ain't gonna cure them problems off the bat and you can't bank on two of them starting and doing well (assuming they take two early, which they prolly will).

Jalen Mills, Ron Brooks, Dwayne Gratz, C.J. Smith, Aaron Grymes are their current corners...... *insert "Smack Who Is This Nigga" gif*

The Eagles have ZERO depth @ corner right now bruh. They were to busy signing wide receivers in free agency.
    numbaz...80's baby
    MallyG wrote: »

The draft ain't gonna cure them problems off the bat and you can't bank on two of them starting and doing well (assuming they take two early, which they prolly will).

Jalen Mills, Ron Brooks, Dwayne Gratz, C.J. Smith, Aaron Grymes are their current corners...... *insert "Smack Who Is This Nigga" gif*

The Eagles have ZERO depth @ corner right now bruh. They were to busy signing wide receivers in free agency.

They needed a receiver though. I paid attention to the Eagles. They beat themselves a lot last season. Especially that loss against the Cowboys. That front 7 is strong enough to overcome their secondary. The East is a toss up every year. I just think it's their time. It's just an offseason prediction though. Nothing i'd put money behind.
    MallyGbless the child