Who's the strongest poster here now?

LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone elsePosts: 20,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just hit 365 squat for 2 reps today @ 160lbs bodyweight. Also got 405 lbs deadlift for 3 reps

These are decent but I wanna know who's putting up the biggest numbers
silverfoxx

Replies

• leftcoastkevleftcoastkev Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty impressive for 160lb

High bar or low bar?

• LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    High bar. Low bar is less comfortable for me.

Front squats the worst though
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 60,506 Regulator
    got a bad back so i have to use a modified squat machine

i love that damn thing.

im able to hit 405 on the deadlift at 6 times before seeing black sillohuettes and color blips....

bench could be better, i am still going for size on that so i am still stuck at 220.

my arms are ugly, too much muscle imbalance due to me focusing on powerlifting mainly this year.

i really need to do something about that before i step on this years physique stage.

i'd like to compete in two this year. local and NPC, just gotta renew my NPC card.

LUClENSionprime_time_willy
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a savage deadlift. I bet you could 1 rm 500

How does squat mess w your back more than deads tho?
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 60,506 Regulator
    LUClEN wrote: »
    That's a savage deadlift. I bet you could 1 rm 500

How does squat mess w your back more than deads tho?
    Thanks, Thats the goal.
    Lower back injury prohibits me from shouldering a load
    Have to use the belt system.

1rm x .85 = strength training.
    edited March 4

Yeah pretty impressive at 160.

I high bar a little more than that last time I maxed out but I haven't done singles, doubles, or triples in months so I don't know where I'm at currently there. I'm been repping 345 for 6s for the past couple of weeks.....but I fluctuate between 195 and 205 bodyweight so you're probably stronger than me in terms of relative strength. I make gains where I can at this point through 5-8 rep schemes and I ain't forcing it unless I'm just feeling extra on a day.

Front squats are cool. One thing that helped me was widening my stance and pushing my knees out (with feet tracking my knees). I could stay upright and get deeper to get far more power out of it out of the hole (firing through glutes). I used to front squat like I back squat (narrow stance to put it on my quads), but I found myself leaning forward using upper back too much when it got too heavy. Last time I 1rm fronts was probably 5 months back and it was 295. Besides front squatting, the main thing that helps my front squat is bent over barbell rows (for spinal erectors).
    LUClENMD_PROPER

Yeah pretty impressive at 160.

I high bar a little more than that last time I maxed out but I haven't done singles, doubles, or triples in months so I don't know where I'm at currently there. I'm been repping 345 for 6s for the past couple of weeks.....but I fluctuate between 195 and 205 bodyweight so you're probably stronger than me in terms of relative strength. I make gains where I can at this point through 5-8 rep schemes and I ain't forcing it unless I'm just feeling extra on a day.

Front squats are cool. One thing that helped me was widening my stance and pushing my knees out (with feet tracking my knees). I could stay upright and get deeper to get far more power out of it out of the hole (firing through glutes). I used to front squat like I back squat (narrow stance to put it on my quads), but I found myself leaning forward using upper back too much when it got too heavy. Last time I 1rm fronts was probably 5 months back and it was 295. Besides front squatting, the main thing that helps my front squat is bent over barbell rows (for spinal erectors).

I'm going to try this next time. I tend to have a narrow stance when I front squat
  • gnsgns Bleeding 24/7 Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont none of u niggaz train with weighted clothing tho so im pretty sure yall aint fuckin with my skrength
    piccolo_ready_by_trekkaredd-d3icpq8.jpg
    Ajackson17Max.Mister B.Thereal_ba
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gns wrote: »
    Dont none of u niggaz train with weighted clothing tho so im pretty sure yall aint fuckin with my skrength
    piccolo_ready_by_trekkaredd-d3icpq8.jpg

I'm the strongest, I don't know my limit, but it's high.
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 27,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im a not strong nigga but i got nice hands...never been into weight lifting do to my ability to look cut was hardly no work.

i have been thinking about getting into working out to gain strength....

still thinking
  • Preach2TeachPreach2Teach I can't swim but my soul wont drown. Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going too heavy is just stupid to me, seen so many people get injured from trying to be the biggest bad ass.
    Thereal_baTheBoyRo
    Going too heavy is just stupid to me, seen so many people get injured from trying to be the biggest bad ass.

What you just described is called ego lifting.

Going beyond your max is a damn darwin award.

There are levels to this strength training shit.
    Gotta be patient tho.
    Preach2Teach
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29
    I just hit 365 squat for 2 reps today @ 160lbs bodyweight. Also got 405 lbs deadlift for 3 reps

These are decent but I wanna know who's putting up the biggest numbers

Can you do an explosive pushup while gripping a 60lb dumbbell in each hand?

Pull ups only using 2 fingers from each hand? Pushups the same?

When u talking about strength fuck the numbers

*Snatches crown and usurps throne*

Preach2Teach
    Never tried the push up thing but finger pull ups are child's play. Calisthenics in general are easy af when you can overhead press 1.5x your body weight

• MasteryMastery Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squat - 590
    Deadlift - 645
    Bench Press - 335

These numbers are from like a year ago though. I haven't power lifted since then. Thinking I may get back on it next year though.
    LUClENBlack_Samsonwaterproof
    I'm pretty sure waterproof has the crown btw but he's been MIA ever since his last Tren cycle. Probably out fighting bears and deadlifting airplanes

You ever saw those guys so strong they move BEYOND the barbell and weight plates?

At the gym:
    You: "wat up bro, what you working on today?"
    Him: "kill these deads and mess around with some accessories after"
    You: "cool, what weight u workin with"
    Him: "Cadillac"
    You: "huh?"
    Him: "Yeah I think imma warmup with a CTS and work my way up to Escalade....after that some weighted pull-ups with a set of rims"
    You: "............"
    You: "......aight man....." gives dap "have a good workout"
    LUClEN
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure waterproof has the crown btw but he's been MIA ever since his last Tren cycle. Probably out fighting bears and deadlifting airplanes

Ha! Bout to start another Tren/Test Cycle but this time I'm throwing in Anvar. The Aqua is 40 years old

Bench - 445
    Deadlift -700 On Cycle for one rep, 635 off cycle
    Squat - 550
    Standing Overhead Press - 275 (need to work on that)
    Barbell Curl - 185 one rep on a Great Fuckin Day

Not bad for a old man
    LUClENleftcoastkevMastery
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mastery wrote: »
    Squat - 590
    Deadlift - 645
    Bench Press - 335

These numbers are from like a year ago though. I haven't power lifted since then. Thinking I may get back on it next year though.

You strong ass Nigga, and that 590 squat! Those Damn hamstrings have to be huge (No Homo)
    Mastery
    waterproof wrote: »
    Mastery wrote: »
    Squat - 590
    Deadlift - 645
    Bench Press - 335

You strong ass Nigga, and that 590 squat! Those Damn hamstrings have to be huge (No Homo)
    I've always been strong bruh. My issue is I travel so much for work, it's hard to get in my workouts consistently.
    waterproof