What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official Rick Ross - "Rather You Than Me" Album Discussion(3.17)

Replies

• Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 48,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    This new Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>that fuck shit Drake released

Even the females I know are saying this
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

rip.dillaMr.LVilledout
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 32,716 Regulator
    Yeah
    #Mikeyismod2017
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Drake new shit too...but yeah...
    RickyRich
  • RickyRichRickyRich almighty ricky rich Posts: 11,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this actually grew on after couple more listens and it bumps in the whip .
    The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
    2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

• RickyRichRickyRich almighty ricky rich Posts: 11,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    drake n ross would be nice again
    The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
    2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

Tsotsi Cape TownilledoutPureYang
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 15,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    Ross shit bang.

MMV and Powers That Be are SMOOTH.

If you can overlook Ross same cadence and delivery of the same boss-type lyricism, the shit is straight up flames.
    mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....
    JokerzWyld
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »
    We need to start discussing rick Ross on the all time lists

Name one album that can stand next to Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album, American Gangter...not one and that's his lane right? Street rapper?

Name one Ross album better than The Recession

I don't even know what niggas mean with "Ross delivered what you expect from Ross"

That is the definition of moving the goalposts
    bck145Olorun22illedout
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 19,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »

Name one album that can stand next to Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album, American Gangter...not one and that's his lane right? Street rapper?

I don't even know what niggas mean with "Ross delivered what you expect from Ross"

Shiiiieeet that's better done then said....deeper than rap, mastermind, hell even trilla
    Like Waterbck145Tsotsi Cape Townaneed123CJMontyM.Maxx the unknown
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Posts: 32,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gee757 wrote: »

Well this is the wrong forum for that especially this nu donkey reason..... a whole lot of these clowns on here is out of touch with the real world & u can read that on the 1st PG of this thread

Ross got one the best discographies of any artists. To debut in the 00s

I will say he releases too much music tho it's hard to keep up

I still have yet to fully listen to Black market and hood billionaire

black market n hood billionaire are prolly the only things that resemble a blemish album/street album wise.

as a rapper/lyricist idk about all time rating but dude is underrated and has proven himself time and time again, on this album he as sharp as ever

and as far as albums/quality music, if a nigga cant admit dtr, teflon don or even trilla are very high quality albums idk if they musical opinion can be respected
    Spodee-Revenge

Iamsu!-Compound

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

Yall want a thug or a black militant repping your culture but 90% of you had a life too good or privileged to relate to your ideal hip hop "legend". Niggas wanna be hard without being that hard themselves as compensation
    please don't argue, cuz if u say sum stupid i will question it and u will act like a victim, happens every time lol
    Qiv_Owan
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20

I had no idea JayZ debuted in the 00s

And teflon don blsvk dollar and rich forever IMO

I never said that quote

What goalposts did I move

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

• texas409texas409 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thing about Ross is he semi rhyme bars but they make no damn sense

Im in the kitchen eating chicken/
    got a cold from the snow nose snifflin/
    Billionaire Rose always been fat/
    now I work out where is my yoga mat/

nigga what????????????????????????????????????????
    TheGOATT. SanfordMallyG
  • 25centsandwich25centsandwich Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited March 20

We discussing ross with jay and jeezy bruh...yeah he might not be better than jay z but a nigga can do a lil worse than not being as good as arguably the greatest mc of all time lol
  • HustleThaDonHustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Posts: 27,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shiiiieeet that's better done then said....deeper than rap, mastermind, hell even trilla

Iono bout mastermind but definitely deeper than rap and trilla.
    1zvevmc.jpg

Know your place......
    illedout
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

We discussing ross with jay and jeezy bruh...yeah he might not be better than jay z but a nigga can do a lil worse than not being as good as arguably the greatest mc of all time lol

He said its time we start putting him in all time lists...so I'm going measure your work against the standard

So if RD is a 5/5, what's this album ?
  • 25centsandwich25centsandwich Posts: 450 ✭✭✭

He said its time we start putting him in all time lists...so I'm going measure your work against the standard

So if RD is a 5/5, what's this album ?

C'mon bruh dont do that lol...i aint gonna say ross is on jay z level just like i hate when niggas try to compare kendrick and nas...

Ross has some great albums...deeper than rap, mastermind, this album...he needs to be mentioned
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 19,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nigga I should flag you

I should flag for mentioning jeezy bum ass
    infamous114illedoutLike Water
  • soulfulcatsoulfulcat Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They saying this had 89 million streams on Apple Music first day, and 76 mill on Spotify
    jazzybellaTsotsi Cape TownMr.LV
  • Olorun22Olorun22 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    They saying this had 89 million streams on Apple Music first day, and 76 mill on Spotify

How does that stack up against other artists? I'm not familiar with the new metrics of album success
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This shit bang
    jazzybellaTsotsi Cape Town
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 22,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reasonable doubt ain't no 5/5 ... I like deeper than rap better than recession .... so RD ur opinion isn't the all to be all
    Olorun22illedoutvageneral08AggieLean.bck145
  • Olorun22Olorun22 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Reasonable doubt ain't no 5/5 ... I like deeper than rap better than recession .... so RD ur opinion isn't the all to be all

I'm like this nigga can't be serious.. nigga talking like his opinion trumps others
    Tsotsi Cape Town
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The production on this album is fire.
    Gives us back images in sigs
    jazzybellaTsotsi Cape TownMister B.Already Home_17