What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Jerrod Carmichael: 8 | HBO Comedy Special

2»

Replies

• fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 4,188 Regulator
    Shit was hilarious, i like his dry pan delivery its like Louis CK. Real shit he spoke about.

8/10

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

Lou_CypherInglewood_B
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watched this yesterday. This special was MUCH better than his first HBO special. I got some good laughs out of this one. I really like the delivery of some of his jokes. He has the room quiet as all hell and the subject matter will be pretty serious, then the punchline comes and cracks you up. Still sometimes feels like he is doing a chappelle delivery but maybe the chappelle influence is just really strong.
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Woodz of Inglez Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Shit was hilarious, i like his dry pan delivery its like Louis CK. Real shit he spoke about.

8/10

Blasphemy
    Quick wit the hands... Readdyyyyyy
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

8/10

Blasphemy

Fuck that overrated cracka

Bill Burr>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Louie
    tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

8/10

Blasphemy

Idk fam. Bill's best is a bit better than Louie's best, but Bill is inconsistent. His last special was weak compared to the one before it. His show wasn't as good as any of Louie's either
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    edited March 20

8/10

Blasphemy

I like Bill better too. Both those CACs are light years ahead of this nigga tho

Jim Norton new special on Netflix is better than Jerrod too

8/10

Blasphemy

i dont know about this

Bill Burr comedy is generic working class shit, sports analogies & women.

Louie's perceptive is shear genius level observations, his paedophilia joke on SNL is something else.

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

• Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

8/10

Blasphemy

i dont know about this

Louie's perceptive is shear genius level observations, his paedophilia joke on SNL is something else.

Soo.....Life

I've never even cracked a smile at any of his stand-up. Dude just isn't that funny

tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
  • soulfulcatsoulfulcat Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was just ok. I like his show better than his standups.

When he's on stage by himself, it's hard for him to get his point across. But on the show, he's got other ppl to portray his message

8/10

Blasphemy

i dont know about this

Soo.....Life

I've never even cracked a smile at any of his stand-up. Dude just isn't that funny

Its pretty generic jokes , i like the challenge of people who think outside the box thus I think there there is a difference between a Dave Chappelle and a Kevin Hart , one is a genius and one is generic good.

to each his own i guess

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

• AP21AP21 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    real talk...went to my moms house and his stand up was on...i legit thought it was a rehearsal or something...it was quiet af in that venue

all i heard my mama say was "he not funny...his show is better than this"
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hes a comedy club comic. Hes not "Special" comedian. Hes not gonna run around the stage like Katt Williams... Have fireworks & pyro like Kevin Hart... Or pace & yell like Chris Rock

Maybe thats why ppl dont get it.

Hes funny to me tho
    marc123fortyacres
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Hes a comedy club comic. Hes not "Special" comedian. Hes not gonna run around the stage like Katt Williams... Have fireworks & pyro like Kevin Hart... Or pace & yell like Chris Rock

Hes funny to me tho

Nah don't try to pretend like this some next level high brow humor that go over niggas heads lol. We "get" the jokes, they just aren't funny and his delivery dry and timid af. This is cornball comedy, he should go on tour with Jim Gaffigan.
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Hes funny to me tho

Nah don't try to pretend like this some next level high brow humor that go over niggas heads lol. We "get" the jokes, they just aren't funny and his delivery dry and timid af. This is cornball comedy, he should go on tour with Jim Gaffigan.

Lol i didnt mean "dont get it" like that.

I just meant i can see how ppl dont think hes special. He dont try to sell his jokes.

He just stands there and says it. Either u like it or not.
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jim Gaffigan has classics, buddy.
2»