Too many east coast rappers sound alike

13»

Replies

• trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    Chinx had next 4 ny

No the fuck he didn't.

Well then ny has been irrelivent 4 a while now… last once making noise ova ther was max b,chinx,asaprocky,bobby shmurda… is safe 2 say chinx had next…
    Post another NEW rapper from ny who can switch it up like chinx

When it comes down to hip hop, I've noticed how you girls become overzealous with giving these dead artists life. People like Big L, Half a Mill, Stack Bundles, Magnolia Shorty ( from N.O.), The Jacka ( Cali) all had the potential to rep. for their region on a mainstream platform. Chinx was just a dude riding off French Montana's late ass wave.

How when he was ther when coke boys was created thru stacks wyo? Big l was jus a spitter… it's about songs now an chinx had it
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt South Park Renaissance Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every region has there own sound so ur going to get some artist that sound the same. But if u say to many east cost rappers sound alike comes off as either hate or trolling. Autotune literally makes u sound the same. So any rpaper that uses it sounds the same. And the south uses it the most. Either ur being bias for the south or just oblivious. No one sounds like outkast, scarface, nas, jayz, 50 cent, ludacris, ti, jezzy, kendrick, snoop...etc. There are a lot of artist that sound like future, migos, and most of them come from the south. Some come the other regions as well. Just stating facts

Most of that stuff come from Atlanta and Florida but since the South is huge we have to take responsibility for that.
    This has been going on for less then 10 years in The South but the East been on that same sounding shit for a long azz time that's the difference. You judging us by the new comers but we judging yall by a long stinted history.
    Feel That ......
    trendsetta1030
  • *~queenbee~**~queenbee~* NASA Astronaut In a spacecraft beaming up to ScottyPosts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    Chinx had next 4 ny

No the fuck he didn't.

Well then ny has been irrelivent 4 a while now… last once making noise ova ther was max b,chinx,asaprocky,bobby shmurda… is safe 2 say chinx had next…

When it comes down to hip hop, I've noticed how you girls become overzealous with giving these dead artists life. People like Big L, Half a Mill, Stack Bundles, Magnolia Shorty ( from N.O.), The Jacka ( Cali) all had the potential to rep. for their region on a mainstream platform. Chinx was just a dude riding off French Montana's late ass wave.

How when he was ther when coke boys was created thru stacks wyo? Big l was jus a spitter… it's about songs now an chinx had it
    czeiock6jpmc.jpg
    I see you're trying to raise my blood pressure up on this beautiful Sunday, but that's not going to happen. I'M THROUGH HAVING THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU! *snaps fingers* @Beta go and get my mink coat; we're leaving this thread.

Beta
  • BetaBeta Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster Posts: 58,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    Chinx had next 4 ny

No the fuck he didn't.

czeiock6jpmc.jpg
    I see you're trying to raise my blood pressure up on this beautiful Sunday, but that's not going to happen. I'M THROUGH HAVING THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU! *snaps fingers* @Beta go and get my mink coat; we're leaving this thread.

Let's get outta here babe

broadway-joe-namath-fur-coat-super-bowl-gif.gif?w=780
    *~queenbee~*blackgod813
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet east coast rappers still come the Houston and get more fans to show up than KB the Kinapper. Was in H town last year and Fetty Wap sold out the house of blues in Houston. Meanwhile KB is performing in small ass basements and barns lmao.

Who tf is kb doe? He the southern version of lil astro in terms of popularity. I wouldn't know of him if it wasn't for the i.c

Not one Houston rapper/group could sell out Madison Square Garden as a headline act. Jay, Nas, Wu-Tang and ASAP Rocky could sell out the Toyota Center in Houston. Jay could sell out NRG Stadium or Minute Made Park doing a stadium tour.
  • confucius_saysconfucius_says confucius says mind your businessPosts: 53 ✭✭
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Every region has there own sound so ur going to get some artist that sound the same. But if u say to many east cost rappers sound alike comes off as either hate or trolling. Autotune literally makes u sound the same. So any rpaper that uses it sounds the same. And the south uses it the most. Either ur being bias for the south or just oblivious. No one sounds like outkast, scarface, nas, jayz, 50 cent, ludacris, ti, jezzy, kendrick, snoop...etc. There are a lot of artist that sound like future, migos, and most of them come from the south. Some come the other regions as well. Just stating facts

Most of that stuff come from Atlanta and Florida but since the South is huge we have to take responsibility for that.
    This has been going on for less then 10 years in The South but the East been on that same sounding shit for a long azz time that's the difference. You judging us by the new comers but we judging yall by a long stinted history.
    Feel That ......

I would agree with u about the south being big. I will stick with atl. When u say "sound alike", I'm thinking voice and delivery. Are u talking about beats? Each city has their own sound that doesn't really change. U know when u hear a beat, u know what city It comes from. Can u give some examples on who music sounds the same? Like I would agree that action bronson sounds like ghost face. Ja rule vocally sounds like dmx but they have to different styles. But are u talking bout beats, or vocals and delivery?
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the reason is still pumping out generic trash thread #4452377889

Feel That ......

I would agree with u about the south being big. I will stick with atl. When u say "sound alike", I'm thinking voice and delivery. Are u talking about beats? Each city has their own sound that doesn't really change. U know when u hear a beat, u know what city It comes from. Can u give some examples on who music sounds the same? Like I would agree that action bronson sounds like ghost face. Ja rule vocally sounds like dmx but they have to different styles. But are u talking bout beats, or vocals and delivery?

voice,delivery,vocab etc not on the beat side of things

• 5th Letter5th Letter Top Gang Thug Trying To Lower The Body Count Posts: 35,933 Regulator

Feel That ......

voice,delivery,vocab etc not on the beat side of things

Does Run DMC sound like the Beastie Boys, did Big Daddy Kane sound like Rakim, did Kool G Rap sound like Biz Markie, did EPMD sound like Public Enemy, did A Tribe Called Quest sound like Naughty by Nature, did Redman sound like Special Ed, did Pete Rock & CL Smooth sound like Gang Starr, did Wu Tang sound like Boot Camp Clik, did Nas sound like Mic Geronimo, did Biggie sound like Jeru The Damaja, did Busta Rhymes sound like LL Cool J, did Mobb Deep sound like M.O.P, did Jay Z sound like Canibus, did Mase sound like DMX, did Cam'ron sound like Big Pun, did Fat Joe sound like Keith Murray, did Nore sound like Ja Rule? Etc. I can mix and match these combos and none of these rappers would sound alike.
    Built 4 cuban linxconfucius_says
    I could name plenty that are similar but I'll be back for that ...
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 11,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got niggas from the same boro that don't even sound alike.

Brooklyn
    Mos def and talib sound nothing like biggie or Sean price

Bronx
    Pun sounds nothing like krs or lord finesse

Queens, LL don't sound like kool g rap or even capone
    Staten

Ghost don't sound like meth

Manhattan

Mase didn't sound like big L

Cmon son you sound stupid with this shit
    5 GrandEmM HoLLa.5th Letterking hassan
  • EmM HoLLa.EmM HoLLa. Rolex Watches & Diamond Chains.. Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    Don Q and A Boogie are from the same hood.. And they sound nothing alike.. Furthermore.. Don Q is the best bar for bar coming outta NYC... And A Boogie is the best song for song.. All facts..

Remember I told you..
    edited March 20

Brooklyn

Bronx

Staten

Manhattan

I see you talkin crap to make me continue the thread

but compared to the South each state and city can vary from lingo

your so infatuated with East coast style that you can tell the various differences

it's similar to someone that studies snakes the person that studies the shit can tell by the slight variances

but to the person who don't study it's just a snake.

The people that constantly listen to East Coast can tell who black thought is and who pharoah monche is

but to the average person not from east coast that some New York rappers

you would be a lie to say they don't sound similar

Az don't rap similar to Nas?

Papoose don't sound similar to Jay?

Wu Tang do sound similar

Raekwon sound like Nas

but because you mostly listen to East Coast you gonna try and make it seem like it aint similar

there all guille,say come on son,what up kid,grimey etc etc

Like Waterinfamous114
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brooklyn

Bronx

Staten

Manhattan

your so infatuated with East coast style that you can tell the various differences

it's similar to someone that studies snakes the person that studies the shit can tell by the slight variances

The people that constantly listen to East Coast can tell who black thought is and who pharoah monche is

Wu Tang do sound similar

Raekwon sound like Nas

but because you mostly listen to East Coast you gonna try and make it seem like it aint similar

I understand what you're saying, but the reverse is true.

All southern artist sound alike to me.

Please tell me that makes sense.
    infamous114
  • confucius_saysconfucius_says confucius says mind your businessPosts: 53 ✭✭

Brooklyn

Bronx

Staten

Manhattan

Wu Tang do sound similar

Raekwon sound like Nas

Yeah, this is coming off as bias. Like you said, the south is a bunch of states. When people think of east coast, they think of nyc, philly, and nj. This is a tri-state area. There lingo is going to be similar. Same with the dmv area (dc, maryland, va). We have similar lingo. Of course the lingo and accents are going to differ in each state. They are different states. Using your logic, all atl people sound the same. That is like saying all spanish speaking people sound the same. If you dont know spanish, you will probably believe this to be true. I dont see the point in making this a debate knowing that it is wrong. You are saying the south has variety but that is unfair to say because you are talking about multiple states and cities. If you stick to one state, then you can see that the natives of that state are going to sound similar.
    5 Grand
    edited March 20
    Houston rappers don't all use the same words, they don't sound the same and that's just Houston

The whole east coast sound similar

Scarface has his own lingo,Lil Flip has his own lingo,Mike Jones may say comin down but his vocal sounds nothing like Lil Flip not even close,K-Rino don't sound nothing like Mike Jones nor have the same lingo,Z-Ro & Guerilla Maab don't sound shit like K-Rino,Street Military don't sound shit like Slim Thug,
    5thward Boyz don't sound like Devin The Dude, etc etc
    they separate sound and lingo more then out east .... that's just Houston.
    New Orleans right next door but Master P don't sound shit like Pimp C. etc etc
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 11,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nigga said papoose and Jay-Z sound similar.

SMH I'm done
  • trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭
    Yet east coast rappers still come the Houston and get more fans to show up than KB the Kinapper. Was in H town last year and Fetty Wap sold out the house of blues in Houston. Meanwhile KB is performing in small ass basements and barns lmao.

Who tf is kb doe? He the southern version of lil astro in terms of popularity. I wouldn't know of him if it wasn't for the i.c

Not one Houston rapper/group could sell out Madison Square Garden as a headline act. Jay, Nas, Wu-Tang and ASAP Rocky could sell out the Toyota Center in Houston. Jay could sell out NRG Stadium or Minute Made Park doing a stadium tour.
    Ny still livin in the past nas jay… it's 2017 an ny is irrelivent… like I mentioned b4 chinx had next 4 ny

Brooklyn

Bronx

Staten

Manhattan

Mase is originally frm tha south… his style influenced… big,jay,kiss,loon,fab,banks,drake,Kanye,
  • illedoutilledout Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »
    Meek mill sounds like wale?

Lil dicky sounds like action bronson?

Joey badass sounds like roc marciano?

Wiz sounds like troy ave?

Lil uzi vert sounds like Dave east?

mqmz9cn5fc4q.gif

/Thread !!!!
  • StreetRapStreetRap Posts: 371
    illedout wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »