What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

'The Dark Tower’ (2017) - Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey

Replies

• Max.Max. Now go home and get your fucking shinebox Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reviews ain't been kind
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Meestersapp08_2001Valentinez A. KaiserLou_Cypher
  • metal face terroristmetal face terrorist ILPosts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit is gonna bomb
    Max.
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, didnt even know it was out...and its getting shitted on? They fucked up tge dark tower with idris n matthew?!

Smh
    Meester
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word is this movie is trash
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fucked up with making it PG-13
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fucked up with making it PG-13

Nah it's much more than just the rating.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,678 Regulator
    Saw it and enjoyed it. Good movie, Idris and Matthew bodied their roles. Pacing was cool, and there were lots of references to past works. No Stephen King cameo (at least I didn't notice). They put too much time introducing Jake but other than that the movie was fine. This will be hated on because they couldn't fit everything in it. This should have been a TV series tho not a movie. It's hard to carry movies with child actors especially when they're unfamiliar to us.

I highly recommend watching it and not reading reviews. Come to your own conclusions.

I give it a 7.5/10
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    wilberdmillzPlutarchMax.
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,678 Regulator
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    How you gonna make a movie out of something that was like 8 damn books and make it 90 minutes long.

Go and watch it man

This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    Max.
    Sion wrote: »
    How you gonna make a movie out of something that was like 8 damn books and make it 90 minutes long.

Go and watch it man

Call me easily influenced but I'm not gonna pay to go see a movie in the theater that has a 16% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll wait for DVD...maybe.

Scarface was first panned by critics by and large when it first came out. They said it was Pacino's worst movie.

MeesterValentinez A. KaiserMax.sapp08_2001
  • major painmajor pain Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are clearly setting this up for its own universe. As long as it makes a decent amount of money the rest of the story will be told in further movies and an already confirmed TV show.

I liked it and have read every book. Going into it, I never expected it to cover the entire story and I also read King's comments that it was the next chapter in the story from the books.
    tumblr_m8chdyWiKa1qc4cp9o1_500.gif
  • MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 14,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I SAW IT SATURDAY.. EHHHH, NOTHING MAJOR, EDRIS WASN'T EVEN THE STAR
    iw23gx.jpg
    Meester
  • Rampage12Rampage12 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11

Go and watch it man

Call me easily influenced but I'm not gonna pay to go see a movie in the theater that has a 16% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll wait for DVD...maybe.

Scarface was first panned by critics by and large when it first came out. They said it was Pacino's worst movie.

And I'm of the mind Scarface is one of the most overrated movies of all-time it picked up steam mainly because Brad Jordan changed his rap name from Akshon to Scarface and other rappers started hailing it as the greatest movie of all-time like when Diddy said he watches it every day, then the poster started popping up in every dorm room across America, then everyone had to have a Scarface T-shirt...hell I've seen hideous Scarface button ups that people still wear for some reason.

Carlito's Way>>>Scarface
    sapp08_2001Jonah 2.0texas409VulcanRavenKairo
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 44,662 Regulator
    Movie was #1 this weekend
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    Huey_C
  • Rampage12Rampage12 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Movie was #1 this weekend

*This was the lowest grossing movie weekend of the entire year and it barely beat out a movie that's already been out for three weeks. Not really that impressive.
    PlutarchHuey_C
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    This could either end up being a nice surprise or a complete disaster. No middle groundm

Hate being right.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a sequel to the book series i've heard.
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are making a TV Prequel series. Elba is in talks to return as Gunslinger.

I myself don't know too much about this series besides a few issues of the comicbook that I've read. Really interested in getting the books though. The movie didnt look too bad though imo. I think i will still check this out. Im sure people who dont know too much about the series will appreciate this more than fans of the books.
  • MECCA1000MECCA1000 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10
    Idris took Matt out way too easy with that trick shot ........ they needed a better ending

That pyramid collapsed with them kids still inside ...... they ain't save not one kid lol
    #1hiphopjunki3Ajackson17sapp08_2001