What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Cinema Etiquette and (some) Black People (especially Black Women).

Replies

• northside7northside7 Posts: 24,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damnkp wrote: »
    Babies are woat..shouldn't even be allowed in..I didn't pay to hear your big headed ass baby cry the whole movie..and then have the nerve to pace back and forth down the aisle with the baby..they ought to charge double price for a baby

Cold blooded lol.
    damnkpLUClENMallyGPureYang
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Babies are woat..shouldn't even be allowed in..I didn't pay to hear your big headed ass baby cry the whole movie..and then have the nerve to pace back and forth down the aisle with the baby..they ought to charge double price for a baby

it aint that simple brah :(
    damnkpTrillfateKingFreemanCopperJusDre313atribecalledgabiAlpha_Ambition MallyGCashmoneyDuxdeadeyeCincoPlutarchPureYang
  • CapitalBCapitalB all these dollars.. no sense. Posts: 23,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    im the biggest movie hypocrite there is..

i talk throughout the movie..
    i try to keep it down.. i really do.. but if its good fuck it!

BUT i hate when people talk TO ME..
    like if we on a date ill tell the bitch beforehand.. dont talk to me.. even if im talkin to u.. its a subconscious setup! lol

and i wish a muthafucka would say some shit to me about my talkin.. one time a white guy go tell me he tryin to enjoy the movie.. told him me too! and kept on..

u wanna control the environment keep yo ass at home..

i dont have to enjoy the movie as u..
    and im not gonna go outside of myself jus so u can enjoy the movie.. who the fuck are u??

jus sayin..

but babies are the worse!!!
    keep them muthafuckas at home!

its called etiquette nigga , this aint your damn house.

aint urs either..
    TOO REAL for IC
    #TEAMDRAGONSnSHIT
    #TargGangyabish
    KingFreemanCashmoneyDuxAggieLean.mike06Sandinista
    i can see if i was talkin over the movie or some shit..
    but im talkin to the person next to me and occasionally to the screen..

why are u so fuckin in tune to whats goin on in my row..

ur in a public place..
    people are gonna talk.. people are gonna walk past u..
    the theatre doesnt revolve around u..

and back to the "bein petty" thread..
    if u piss me off NOW imma fuck wit u..
    TOO REAL for IC
    #TEAMDRAGONSnSHIT
    #TargGangyabish
    KingFreemanLUClENMallyGSandinista
    im the biggest movie hypocrite there is..

i talk throughout the movie..
    i try to keep it down.. i really do.. but if its good fuck it!

BUT i hate when people talk TO ME..
    like if we on a date ill tell the bitch beforehand.. dont talk to me.. even if im talkin to u.. its a subconscious setup! lol

and i wish a muthafucka would say some shit to me about my talkin.. one time a white guy go tell me he tryin to enjoy the movie.. told him me too! and kept on..

u wanna control the environment keep yo ass at home..

i dont have to enjoy the movie as u..
    and im not gonna go outside of myself jus so u can enjoy the movie.. who the fuck are u??

jus sayin..

but babies are the worse!!!
    keep them muthafuckas at home!

its called etiquette nigga , this aint your damn house.

aint urs either..

and it has rules and we pay to observe those rules.

dont be ignorant dude you know what it is.

since when do anyone follow rules??
    and me personally im not bein ignorant..
    im not who u described in the OP.. ur not about to hear me across the room..

but if ur next to me and i say somethin to my date and u happen to hear it oh the fuck well..
    TOO REAL for IC
    #TEAMDRAGONSnSHIT
    #TargGangyabish
    KingFreeman
  • TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In an interview i saw Jordan Peele literally encouraged people yell at the screen when watching his film..
    z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
    KingFreemanCapitalBatribecalledgabideadeye
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like going to the movies, because I'm interactive and I like pausing and rewinding the film. I ain't shit.
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif

KingFreemanCapitalBatribecalledgabiPlutarch
  • KingFreemanKingFreeman Way UpPosts: 13,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't program me. Fuck that imma eat my omg peanut butter clusters, then im crushing some Swedish berries all while I talk my shit. You can laugh with me or run up.
    TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif
    nwfyah.jpg
    TheGOATAjackson17CapitalBatribecalledgabiblackgod813Plutarchmarc123Sandinista
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think this is more of the class of these chicks....

hood chicks not black women.

latinas just sound sexy when they do the same
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

KatCapitalBJoshuaMoshua  PanchoYoSanchoHafBaykedLUClENdamnkpdeadeyeCincoblackgod813
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Lol i never been to a movie where ppl applaud the film.

That would be weird as hell

everybody i know stood up and clapped at the end of The Dark Knight and All the Marvel movies.

white boys was shooting up dark knight
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

fortyacres
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 48,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont know why tons of black women think being loud and obnoxious is cute....

But ill whip a bitch ass if she think she gonna talk me through GOTG 2
    rocket-2.gif
    808HiLife808fortyacresRevolver OcelotSandinista
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Had a predominantly black audience when I saw Get Out. Everyone was interactive but far from intrusive.

I think that should be the golden ideal: an interactive movie experience but neither too intrusive or dead silent.

then niggas wouldnt talk....

be like...i paid for them to entertain me an they want me to pay to entertain myself.....nah...I'm not going to be apart of the fukkery

Plutarch
  • Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Lol i never been to a movie where ppl applaud the film.

That would be weird as hell

everybody i know stood up and clapped at the end of The Dark Knight and All the Marvel movies.

They applauded when hans solo and chewie first came on screen in the force awakens and also at the end of the movie when I went to watch
    Mr.LVfortyacres
    AP21 wrote: »

for you niggas with no kids...let me guess, your solution to this matter if you dont have a sitter is to either

a) dont have kids

b) dont go to the movies

i hate ya'll sometimes...i be trying to go in the daytime, but guess what, single niggas with no kids go there too
    TrillfateCapitalBHundredEyes L3NUPureYang

when my daughter was fairly new my girl would want to go to the movies wit me.. id tell her no cause i always hated kids in the theatre..

but thats jus somethin we've been doin our whole relationship.. hittin the movies.. she get all sad and shit cause she know im goin so i said fuck it and they could come..

but she already knew..
    if my daughter started cryin get that muthafucka away from me and out of this theatre..

sometimes she'd miss half the movie..
    oh well.. i told u to stay home. lol

im not shocked at this coming from you lol
    CapitalBHundredEyes
    Trillfate wrote: »

for you niggas with no kids...let me guess, your solution to this matter if you dont have a sitter is to either

a) dont have kids

b) dont go to the movies

i hate ya'll sometimes...i be trying to go in the daytime, but guess what, single niggas with no kids go there too

Stop. Don't bring infants and toddlers to the movies, period.

well a couple of things

kat really said what i was aiming at, but for pixar/dreamworks etc... films...i mean, its a given small children are gonna be in there

even though my mama had me in the movies as a young boy watching New jack City and Boyz N The Hood, i wouldnt dare take babygirl to see nothing like that

but everybody dynamic is different. Some people just dont have the means to enjoy an outing just for themselves so they have to bring a kid. If i were in that dynamic, i would try my best to go see a movie during non peak hours. I used to think like one of ya'll until i had a child...shit changes b

i remember taking babygirl to see Monsters U when it was out and there was this lady, smack dead in the center of the theater with a fucking ipad. That backlight was bright af.
    deadeye