What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Protesters Call for Boycott of Missha Beauty Supply Store

2

Replies

  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

    what????

    not as if it matters, but the store owner has handed over no proof that the woman was shop lifting

    so let's not concede just yet, that she was....if i'm wrong correct me

    and having walked into many of asian run beauty supply stores, i can tell you a lot of the clerks are often rude ....and some treat you like criminals soon as you walk in for no reason....could it be that i am blk, maybe...wouldn't be surprised if he jumped the gun

    that said, whether of not this man is racist, he handled the situation very poorly... dude literally kicked her and than wrestled her to the ground after this woman even offered to let him check her bag

    regardless of the race he was i'd take issue with it

    so if the community wants to rally behind this woman, good. the store could have a history of mistreating their customers for all we know

    its crazy to me anyone would try to justify the actions of this man or mock a protest

    Look, I'll be honest. I don't care about thieves getting roughed up, and that's coming from someone who used to steal. If I got caught and got roughed up, I deserved it.

    If the dude was wrong and she didn't steal, he deserves to be punished. If he was right and she did steal, but he broke the law, he deserves to be punished. I have no objections there.

    My problem is with the bold. Do the people protesting know of a history of racism or a history of mistreating customer that legitimately didn't do anything? If not, why are they bringing race into it? Why are they treating this incident as an attack on the community. Why are they protesting a store halfway across the country that may have minimal influence on the store where the incident occurred. I know people nowadays think everything needs to be protested, but there is a such thing as oversaturation. If you have the same reaction to everything, then sooner or later people become desensitized to that reaction. How long do you think it will be before no one cares about protests anymore?
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when people protest shit like this. It's probably wrong, but is a shopowner wrestling with someone who tried to steal from him worth this kinda response?

    Sometimes it seems like some of these protesters believe criminals deserve to pick their own reaction to the crimes they commit. And let's be real, if that was a black owned business, they would not be protesting this.



    You hate when an attack of a woman results in black people organizing and uniting against a common enemy to decide to no longer patronize their racist establishments?

    Is there a history of racism or are you just projecting? If you got more info, cool, share it. I don't know if you've ever seen how asians handle asian thieves, but I have. They do the same damn thing. Not everybody in the world is on some "treat a criminal nicely" type shit.

    Again, if this was a black owner in NC doing that to a black woman, would people in Chicago be boycotting? Would you be promoting this reaction? If you say you would, I'll take your word for it and we can agree to disagree. I personally don't believe holding a person down when that person attempts to steal from you is all that crazy. It might be wrong, but not worth protesting over.

    what????

    not as if it matters, but the store owner has handed over no proof that the woman was shop lifting

    so let's not concede just yet, that she was....if i'm wrong correct me

    and having walked into many of asian run beauty supply stores, i can tell you a lot of the clerks are often rude ....and some treat you like criminals soon as you walk in for no reason....could it be that i am blk, maybe...wouldn't be surprised if he jumped the gun

    that said, whether of not this man is racist, he handled the situation very poorly... dude literally kicked her and than wrestled her to the ground after this woman even offered to let him check her bag

    regardless of the race he was i'd take issue with it

    so if the community wants to rally behind this woman, good. the store could have a history of mistreating their customers for all we know

    its crazy to me anyone would try to justify the actions of this man or mock a protest

    but we was cool with this shit tho...







    i'm not sure which entity leaves people more abused and lost; the Porn Industry or Bad Boy Records.
  • rebootx1rebootx1 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Niggas ain't finally stop shopping at these places sorry, until yall stop putting that dumb as weave in yall head then yall gonna stay getting disrespected, it's a sign that u don't like yourself the way you are , that leads to people disrespectin you, if black women stop putting weav e in their hair , Niggas ain't gonna stop fucking yall. I think yall trying to compete with white women for their men to on the low,
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    the way i see it....this should not be boycotted without proof.
    if she stole...

    she gave away her power by trying to steal.

    we must stop giving people reasons to act like fools.

    would you be angry if someone tried to steal from your store?

    im not saying what he did was right but she gàve him a reason to respond how he wanted.

    if he did it on his own...then boycott him.

    we must understand we must pick an choose what to stand for.

    this is encouraging more behavior like this. she was wrong if she was stealing.

    we can't stand for every person because they are black. because they are all not innocent. we need to stand for our people who was in the right.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    optimisticgns
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the way i see it....this should not be boycotted without proof.
    if she stole...

    she gave away her power by trying to steal.

    we must stop giving people reasons to act like fools.

    would you be angry if someone tried to steal from your store?

    im not saying what he did was right but she gàve him a reason to respond how he wanted.

    if he did it on his own...then boycott him.

    we must understand we must pick an choose what to stand for.

    this is encouraging more behavior like this. she was wrong if she was stealing.

    we can't stand for every person because they are black. because they are all not innocent. we need to stand for our people who was in the right.

    Hasn't been proven.
    so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg














    Kat
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    the way i see it....this should not be boycotted without proof.
    if she stole...

    she gave away her power by trying to steal.

    we must stop giving people reasons to act like fools.

    would you be angry if someone tried to steal from your store?

    im not saying what he did was right but she gàve him a reason to respond how he wanted.

    if he did it on his own...then boycott him.

    we must understand we must pick an choose what to stand for.

    this is encouraging more behavior like this. she was wrong if she was stealing.

    we can't stand for every person because they are black. because they are all not innocent. we need to stand for our people who was in the right.

    Hasn't been proven.

    that's why I said if she did steal
    shit I don't like how much power we. give them regardless
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You know I'd love to give your face a fresh slap for the bold. Of course, there is a history of racism. It pains me to see so many clearly intelligent people squabbling when the facts are there plain to see. Asians open stores in largely Black lower class neighborhoods because they are taking advantage of the lower rents and willingness of Black customers to pay high prices, not because they wanna fuckin fellowship with us. Then, they treat the customers like shit. They rarely ever live in those neighborhoods. They live wherever they find white neighbors. Which is why, in any city you care to visit, you will see Asians tagging whites on any day of the week. Yet, you will grow a beard before you see an Asian even having a social conversation with a Black man, woman or child. Rarely do Asians spend time with Blacks. They seek out white associations, daily. Go look for yourself.

    I asked you a direct question about this particular store and you gave me a stereotypical rant about Asians. lol Come on @obnoxiouslyfresh. Everything you say may be true, but if you don't have any evidence about this particular store or that particular employee, you can't go around accusing that person of doing something solely out of racism. That's crazy. And what makes it crazier is that whenever that shit is done to black people, ya'll have a fit. What if you had a conflict with someone and bunch of people said you were wrong and their only proof for that was a generic rant about "what black people do."

    I have my perceptions of Asians. I've met some that don't fit into that mold. Where I live is a black area and it has a lot of Asian owned businesses. For the most part they are friendly and they even hire people out of the community to work, which is unusal for Asian businesses. But for the most part, in my experience your assessment, is correct. That said, if an incident pops off, I'm not just going to assume the worst of an Asian person solely because that person is Asian. That's pretty much the definition of bigotry. If you're a bigot and proud, then it's all good, but I at least try not to be that.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    gns
  • KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownPosts: 50,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ a fresh slap
    gns
  • obnoxiouslyfreshobnoxiouslyfresh Still Ginny From The Block Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You know I'd love to give your face a fresh slap for the bold. Of course, there is a history of racism. It pains me to see so many clearly intelligent people squabbling when the facts are there plain to see. Asians open stores in largely Black lower class neighborhoods because they are taking advantage of the lower rents and willingness of Black customers to pay high prices, not because they wanna fuckin fellowship with us. Then, they treat the customers like shit. They rarely ever live in those neighborhoods. They live wherever they find white neighbors. Which is why, in any city you care to visit, you will see Asians tagging whites on any day of the week. Yet, you will grow a beard before you see an Asian even having a social conversation with a Black man, woman or child. Rarely do Asians spend time with Blacks. They seek out white associations, daily. Go look for yourself.

    I asked you a direct question about this particular store and you gave me a stereotypical rant about Asians. lol Come on @obnoxiouslyfresh. Everything you say may be true, but if you don't have any evidence about this particular store or that particular employee, you can't go around accusing that person of doing something solely out of racism. That's crazy. And what makes it crazier is that whenever that shit is done to black people, ya'll have a fit. What if you had a conflict with someone and bunch of people said you were wrong and their only proof for that was a generic rant about "what black people do."

    I have my perceptions of Asians. I've met some that don't fit into that mold. Where I live is a black area and it has a lot of Asian owned businesses. For the most part they are friendly and they even hire people out of the community to work, which is unusal for Asian businesses. But for the most part, in my experience your assessment, is correct. That said, if an incident pops off, I'm not just going to assume the worst of an Asian person solely because that person is Asian. That's pretty much the definition of bigotry. If you're a bigot and proud, then it's all good, but I at least try not to be that.



    That store is a mile from my house and I have not patronized it enough to give you a full assessment of this man's character. I could care less and I really don't need much convincing to decide to not run and give my money to some fuckin Asians. I literally only need to see a video of him choking a black woman out in a store. We have decades long history with Asian shop owners when it comes to their treatment of black customers. The onus aint on me to seek out information regarding who this individual Asian man is. That aint how my cash flow works. If you enjoy spending your money with them, by all means. But, why knock somebody else cause you "hate when people protest shit like that." We dont owe those people shit. They better learn some respect.
    Angel out of heaven, such a goddess, have a nigga praying [-O<
    optimisticgnsblackrain
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21

    You know I'd love to give your face a fresh slap for the bold. Of course, there is a history of racism. It pains me to see so many clearly intelligent people squabbling when the facts are there plain to see. Asians open stores in largely Black lower class neighborhoods because they are taking advantage of the lower rents and willingness of Black customers to pay high prices, not because they wanna fuckin fellowship with us. Then, they treat the customers like shit. They rarely ever live in those neighborhoods. They live wherever they find white neighbors. Which is why, in any city you care to visit, you will see Asians tagging whites on any day of the week. Yet, you will grow a beard before you see an Asian even having a social conversation with a Black man, woman or child. Rarely do Asians spend time with Blacks. They seek out white associations, daily. Go look for yourself.

    I asked you a direct question about this particular store and you gave me a stereotypical rant about Asians. lol Come on @obnoxiouslyfresh. Everything you say may be true, but if you don't have any evidence about this particular store or that particular employee, you can't go around accusing that person of doing something solely out of racism. That's crazy. And what makes it crazier is that whenever that shit is done to black people, ya'll have a fit. What if you had a conflict with someone and bunch of people said you were wrong and their only proof for that was a generic rant about "what black people do."

    I have my perceptions of Asians. I've met some that don't fit into that mold. Where I live is a black area and it has a lot of Asian owned businesses. For the most part they are friendly and they even hire people out of the community to work, which is unusal for Asian businesses. But for the most part, in my experience your assessment, is correct. That said, if an incident pops off, I'm not just going to assume the worst of an Asian person solely because that person is Asian. That's pretty much the definition of bigotry. If you're a bigot and proud, then it's all good, but I at least try not to be that.



    That store is a mile from my house and I have not patronized it enough to give you a full assessment of this man's character. I could care less and I really don't need much convincing to decide to not run and give my money to some fuckin Asians. I literally only need to see a video of him choking a black woman out in a store. We have decades long history with Asian shop owners when it comes to their treatment of black customers. The onus aint on me to seek out information regarding who this individual Asian man is. That aint how my cash flow works. If you enjoy spending your money with them, by all means. But, why knock somebody else cause you "hate when people protest shit like that." We dont owe those people shit. They better learn some respect.

    You're going off on a tangent that has nothing to do with anything I said. I don't care where you spend your money, so half the sentiment you're expressing is irrelevant. Besides, I'm one of the people on this board that has consistently said I wish black women would stop wearing fake hair and would start making their own nail salons. Again, I live in a black community and I don't understand why Asians have those markets cornered. But that's on black females, ya'll are the ones that live and die by that. So insinuating that I like giving money to "racist" Asians doesn't make much sense.

    I asked if you had knowledge about the man or the store not because I believe you should patronize that store. I asked because you and those protesters are declaring that he and that business are racist. It's all well to speak generally about Asians and their treatment of blacks. However, if you're going to levy that accusation at someone specific, you might want to have some worthwhile evidence. Video of him wrestling with a chick that may have stolen from him can be seen as proof that he doesn't always respond reasonably to perceived offenses, but it, by itself, is not proof that he's racist. And I didn't knock anybody in particular, but I did say I don't like protests like this and I already explained why. I think it does damage to greater goals. We want fair treatment for our people. We use protests as a means to accomplish that. If we protest every situation without any thought to whether its warranted or not, protesting will lose its meaning. What is the goal the protesters in Chicago hope to accomplish here? They want to boycott and bring down a business that is related in some undisclosed way to another business in NC over an incident that might have been race related or might just be an overreaction to a petty crime by an owner or employee that may or may not represent the general feelings of the business? Is that really the goal?

    If black people want to stop giving all their money to other races and start supporting their own, I'm with it. I say that as much or more than anyone on here. It shouldn't take an incident, which may not even be what you're making out to be, to get people to do that.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    gns
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You know I'd love to give your face a fresh slap for the bold. Of course, there is a history of racism. It pains me to see so many clearly intelligent people squabbling when the facts are there plain to see. Asians open stores in largely Black lower class neighborhoods because they are taking advantage of the lower rents and willingness of Black customers to pay high prices, not because they wanna fuckin fellowship with us. Then, they treat the customers like shit. They rarely ever live in those neighborhoods. They live wherever they find white neighbors. Which is why, in any city you care to visit, you will see Asians tagging whites on any day of the week. Yet, you will grow a beard before you see an Asian even having a social conversation with a Black man, woman or child. Rarely do Asians spend time with Blacks. They seek out white associations, daily. Go look for yourself.

    I asked you a direct question about this particular store and you gave me a stereotypical rant about Asians. lol Come on @obnoxiouslyfresh. Everything you say may be true, but if you don't have any evidence about this particular store or that particular employee, you can't go around accusing that person of doing something solely out of racism. That's crazy. And what makes it crazier is that whenever that shit is done to black people, ya'll have a fit. What if you had a conflict with someone and bunch of people said you were wrong and their only proof for that was a generic rant about "what black people do."

    I have my perceptions of Asians. I've met some that don't fit into that mold. Where I live is a black area and it has a lot of Asian owned businesses. For the most part they are friendly and they even hire people out of the community to work, which is unusal for Asian businesses. But for the most part, in my experience your assessment, is correct. That said, if an incident pops off, I'm not just going to assume the worst of an Asian person solely because that person is Asian. That's pretty much the definition of bigotry. If you're a bigot and proud, then it's all good, but I at least try not to be that.



    That store is a mile from my house and I have not patronized it enough to give you a full assessment of this man's character. I could care less and I really don't need much convincing to decide to not run and give my money to some fuckin Asians. I literally only need to see a video of him choking a black woman out in a store. We have decades long history with Asian shop owners when it comes to their treatment of black customers. The onus aint on me to seek out information regarding who this individual Asian man is. That aint how my cash flow works. If you enjoy spending your money with them, by all means. But, why knock somebody else cause you "hate when people protest shit like that." We dont owe those people shit. They better learn some respect.

    I'mma give you my perspective on the bolded from a Detroit point of view, but it's applicable to pretty much every area where you have these businesses.

    Damned near every time I've ever patronized a china shop, a Black person will either have JUST stolen from there, or was in the process of stealing from there. There was a spot over on Livernois and 7 mile back when I was in middle school and high school that kept a few video games in the front of the shop so I would stop there almost daily on the way home to play some Twin Cobra, Black Tiger, or whatever they had at the time. Theft by a Black male or female was a daily occurrence in that shop and I've personally witnessed *hundreds* of incidents where someone would walk in, grab some shit off the racks and bail outta there with the shop owner trying to chase 'em down.

    The same shit would happen at damned near every china shop I ever visited in the city. Spot over on Grand River near the Rally's I went to with my ex-fiancee 'cause they had something we couldn't get out in Ypsi. One of the family that owned it was helping us and we were having decent convo while they were finding whatever it was we were looking for when we heard a woman say "hey! what are you doing?!" and 4 niggas popped up between the racks holding as many clothes as they could carry and bolted towards the door; they all got away. The person we were speaking to complained to us that guys come in to the store every day to steal.

    Even out in Phoenix this happens, though you now shift from just Black folks to Blacks and Mexicans. The shop owners have been very vocal to the wife and I about their theft problems (why they feel comfortable enough with us to talk about it is still a mystery) and, like Detroit, it's a daily occurrence.

    So, while you sit there talmbout "We have decades long history with Asian shop owners when it comes to their treatment of black customers." you're acting as if THEY don't have decades long history with the Black communities they're in and theft. After the shit happening for so long you get fed up and react more aggressively when shit goes down and what you see with ole dude in the video may be a result of it.


    Let us not forget this either: Theft of merchandise is one of the single biggest reasons Black owned stores don't make it in our own communities. Shit, even Black owned restaurants have high incidents of theft to the point where they close up after maybe a year in business (some ain't even lucky enough to get a year in) so it ain't like we're just doing this bullshit to the China shops.
    i'm not sure which entity leaves people more abused and lost; the Porn Industry or Bad Boy Records.
    5th Letteroptimisticgns
  • obnoxiouslyfreshobnoxiouslyfresh Still Ginny From The Block Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21

    You know I'd love to give your face a fresh slap for the bold. Of course, there is a history of racism. It pains me to see so many clearly intelligent people squabbling when the facts are there plain to see. Asians open stores in largely Black lower class neighborhoods because they are taking advantage of the lower rents and willingness of Black customers to pay high prices, not because they wanna fuckin fellowship with us. Then, they treat the customers like shit. They rarely ever live in those neighborhoods. They live wherever they find white neighbors. Which is why, in any city you care to visit, you will see Asians tagging whites on any day of the week. Yet, you will grow a beard before you see an Asian even having a social conversation with a Black man, woman or child. Rarely do Asians spend time with Blacks. They seek out white associations, daily. Go look for yourself.

    I asked you a direct question about this particular store and you gave me a stereotypical rant about Asians. lol Come on @obnoxiouslyfresh. Everything you say may be true, but if you don't have any evidence about this particular store or that particular employee, you can't go around accusing that person of doing something solely out of racism. That's crazy. And what makes it crazier is that whenever that shit is done to black people, ya'll have a fit. What if you had a conflict with someone and bunch of people said you were wrong and their only proof for that was a generic rant about "what black people do."

    I have my perceptions of Asians. I've met some that don't fit into that mold. Where I live is a black area and it has a lot of Asian owned businesses. For the most part they are friendly and they even hire people out of the community to work, which is unusal for Asian businesses. But for the most part, in my experience your assessment, is correct. That said, if an incident pops off, I'm not just going to assume the worst of an Asian person solely because that person is Asian. That's pretty much the definition of bigotry. If you're a bigot and proud, then it's all good, but I at least try not to be that.



    That store is a mile from my house and I have not patronized it enough to give you a full assessment of this man's character. I could care less and I really don't need much convincing to decide to not run and give my money to some fuckin Asians. I literally only need to see a video of him choking a black woman out in a store. We have decades long history with Asian shop owners when it comes to their treatment of black customers. The onus aint on me to seek out information regarding who this individual Asian man is. That aint how my cash flow works. If you enjoy spending your money with them, by all means. But, why knock somebody else cause you "hate when people protest shit like that." We dont owe those people shit. They better learn some respect.

    You're going off on a tangent that has nothing to do with anything I said. I don't care where you spend your money, so half the sentiment you're expressing is irrelevant. Besides, I'm one of the people on this board that has consistently said I wish black women would stop wearing fake hair and would start making their own nail salons. Again, I live in a black community and I don't understand why Asians have those markets cornered. But that's on black females, ya'll are the ones that live and die by that. So insinuating that I like giving money to "racist" Asians doesn't make much sense.

    I asked if you had knowledge about the man or the store not because I believe you should patronize that store. I asked because you and those protesters are declaring that he and that business are racist. It's all well to speak generally about Asians and their treatment of blacks. However, if you're going to levy that accusation at someone specific, you might want to have some worthwhile evidence. Video of him wrestling with a chick that may have stolen from him can be seen as proof that he doesn't always respond reasonably to perceived offenses, but it, by itself, is not proof that he's racist. And I didn't knock anybody in particular, but I did say I don't like protests like this and I already explained why. I think it does damage to greater goals. We want fair treatment for our people. We use protests as a means to accomplish that. If we protest every situation without any thought to whether its warranted or not, protesting will lose its meaning. What is the goal the protesters in Chicago hope to accomplish here? They want to boycott and bring down a business that is related in some undisclosed way to another business in NC over an incident that might have been race related or might just be an overreaction to a petty crime by an owner or employee that may or may not represent the general feelings of the business? Is that really the goal?

    If black people want to stop giving all their money to other races and start supporting their own, I'm with it. I say that as much or more than anyone on here. It shouldn't take an incident, which may not even be what you're making out to be, to get people to do that.




    I aint going off on a tangent. You said "I hate when people protest shit like this. It's probably wrong, but is a shopowner wrestling with someone who tried to steal from him worth this kinda response?" Well, guess what? It's worth that kind of response to some people. You seem hung up on giving careful consideration to this man and whether or not he may be racist or actually treated black customers with dignity prior to this event. I could care less about this Asian man and his business. His ass wouldn't spend a shiny nickel in a black owned business. Fuck all of em. Go to chinatown with your damn business or wherever the hell he from.
    Angel out of heaven, such a goddess, have a nigga praying [-O<
    gns
  • obnoxiouslyfreshobnoxiouslyfresh Still Ginny From The Block Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You know I'd love to give your face a fresh slap for the bold. Of course, there is a history of racism. It pains me to see so many clearly intelligent people squabbling when the facts are there plain to see. Asians open stores in largely Black lower class neighborhoods because they are taking advantage of the lower rents and willingness of Black customers to pay high prices, not because they wanna fuckin fellowship with us. Then, they treat the customers like shit. They rarely ever live in those neighborhoods. They live wherever they find white neighbors. Which is why, in any city you care to visit, you will see Asians tagging whites on any day of the week. Yet, you will grow a beard before you see an Asian even having a social conversation with a Black man, woman or child. Rarely do Asians spend time with Blacks. They seek out white associations, daily. Go look for yourself.

    I asked you a direct question about this particular store and you gave me a stereotypical rant about Asians. lol Come on @obnoxiouslyfresh. Everything you say may be true, but if you don't have any evidence about this particular store or that particular employee, you can't go around accusing that person of doing something solely out of racism. That's crazy. And what makes it crazier is that whenever that shit is done to black people, ya'll have a fit. What if you had a conflict with someone and bunch of people said you were wrong and their only proof for that was a generic rant about "what black people do."

    I have my perceptions of Asians. I've met some that don't fit into that mold. Where I live is a black area and it has a lot of Asian owned businesses. For the most part they are friendly and they even hire people out of the community to work, which is unusal for Asian businesses. But for the most part, in my experience your assessment, is correct. That said, if an incident pops off, I'm not just going to assume the worst of an Asian person solely because that person is Asian. That's pretty much the definition of bigotry. If you're a bigot and proud, then it's all good, but I at least try not to be that.



    That store is a mile from my house and I have not patronized it enough to give you a full assessment of this man's character. I could care less and I really don't need much convincing to decide to not run and give my money to some fuckin Asians. I literally only need to see a video of him choking a black woman out in a store. We have decades long history with Asian shop owners when it comes to their treatment of black customers. The onus aint on me to seek out information regarding who this individual Asian man is. That aint how my cash flow works. If you enjoy spending your money with them, by all means. But, why knock somebody else cause you "hate when people protest shit like that." We dont owe those people shit. They better learn some respect.

    I'mma give you my perspective on the bolded from a Detroit point of view, but it's applicable to pretty much every area where you have these businesses.

    Damned near every time I've ever patronized a china shop, a Black person will either have JUST stolen from there, or was in the process of stealing from there. There was a spot over on Livernois and 7 mile back when I was in middle school and high school that kept a few video games in the front of the shop so I would stop there almost daily on the way home to play some Twin Cobra, Black Tiger, or whatever they had at the time. Theft by a Black male or female was a daily occurrence in that shop and I've personally witnessed *hundreds* of incidents where someone would walk in, grab some shit off the racks and bail outta there with the shop owner trying to chase 'em down.

    The same shit would happen at damned near every china shop I ever visited in the city. Spot over on Grand River near the Rally's I went to with my ex-fiancee 'cause they had something we couldn't get out in Ypsi. One of the family that owned it was helping us and we were having decent convo while they were finding whatever it was we were looking for when we heard a woman say "hey! what are you doing?!" and 4 niggas popped up between the racks holding as many clothes as they could carry and bolted towards the door; they all got away. The person we were speaking to complained to us that guys come in to the store every day to steal.

    Even out in Phoenix this happens, though you now shift from just Black folks to Blacks and Mexicans. The shop owners have been very vocal to the wife and I about their theft problems (why they feel comfortable enough with us to talk about it is still a mystery) and, like Detroit, it's a daily occurrence.

    So, while you sit there talmbout "We have decades long history with Asian shop owners when it comes to their treatment of black customers." you're acting as if THEY don't have decades long history with the Black communities they're in and theft. After the shit happening for so long you get fed up and react more aggressively when shit goes down and what you see with ole dude in the video may be a result of it.


    Let us not forget this either: Theft of merchandise is one of the single biggest reasons Black owned stores don't make it in our own communities. Shit, even Black owned restaurants have high incidents of theft to the point where they close up after maybe a year in business (some ain't even lucky enough to get a year in) so it ain't like we're just doing this bullshit to the China shops.



    @ the bold

    But guess what? They can get the fuck out. Who the fuck asked them to come here. I dont feel an ounce of sympathy for em. They're not there for some kinda noble mission. We are their food. We are economic slaves to them. Slaves that have fattened the pockets of generation of Asians while contributing to the economic demise of your own people. Their main objective is to exploit blacks and take our money out of our community and there are even classes in Korea and China teaching them how to do the shit. They can kiss my ass. I hope the store shuts down by the end of the month.
    Angel out of heaven, such a goddess, have a nigga praying [-O<
    Olorun22desertrain10gnsblakfyahking
  • desertrain10desertrain10 Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

    what????

    not as if it matters, but the store owner has handed over no proof that the woman was shop lifting

    so let's not concede just yet, that she was....if i'm wrong correct me

    and having walked into many of asian run beauty supply stores, i can tell you a lot of the clerks are often rude ....and some treat you like criminals soon as you walk in for no reason....could it be that i am blk, maybe...wouldn't be surprised if he jumped the gun

    that said, whether of not this man is racist, he handled the situation very poorly... dude literally kicked her and than wrestled her to the ground after this woman even offered to let him check her bag

    regardless of the race he was i'd take issue with it

    so if the community wants to rally behind this woman, good. the store could have a history of mistreating their customers for all we know

    its crazy to me anyone would try to justify the actions of this man or mock a protest

    Look, I'll be honest. I don't care about thieves getting roughed up, and that's coming from someone who used to steal. If I got caught and got roughed up, I deserved it.

    If the dude was wrong and she didn't steal, he deserves to be punished. If he was right and she did steal, but he broke the law, he deserves to be punished. I have no objections there.

    not caring about thieves getting roughed up, leads to ppl acting as judge, jury and executioner in the same breath...

    are you ok with the police roughing up suspected criminals before they are convicted of any crime?
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it ever proven she was shoplifting?

    Also if she was, he couldve easily taken back what she stole esp if he strong enough to body slam her and hold her and kick her

    @The Lonious Monk
    rocket-2.gif
    7figz
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I aint going off on a tangent. You said "I hate when people protest shit like this. It's probably wrong, but is a shopowner wrestling with someone who tried to steal from him worth this kinda response?" Well, guess what? It's worth that kind of response to some people. You seem hung up on giving careful consideration to this man and whether or not he may be racist or actually treated black customers with dignity prior to this event. I could care less about this Asian man and his business. His ass wouldn't spend a shiny nickel in a black owned business. Fuck all of em. Go to chinatown with your damn business or wherever the hell he from.

    You're back to making pointless comments about where people spend their money. For the second time, I don't give a shit where people spend their money. I feel like blacks should support black businesses, but people are going to do what they are going to do. My issue is jumping out of the gate to call something a race issue when there is nothing to support that other than the two people involved being of different races. You're as bad as the white people that swear every black on white crime is some racist shit, when we all know that's not true.

    Spend your money what you want, but stop protesting recklessly because that only waters down the message and the potency of the tool.

    not caring about thieves getting roughed up, leads to ppl acting as judge, jury and executioner in the same breath...

    are you ok with the police roughing up suspected criminals before they are convicted of any crime?

    Police are public servants. They get paid do a job to a certain standard and that standard involves following the law.

    You're right, it's wrong to not care what happens. That's a bit of an overstatement on my part. What I really meant is that dude may have been wrong. He should be held accountable by the law for that just like she should be held accountable if she was really trying to steal. That should be the end of it. This shouldn't be turned into some big race issue when there is nothing to support that racism was the motivating factor rather than anger over a potential criminal offense. Protesters are out there talking about "they aren't going to disrespect the black community." How was that dude disrespecting the black community by manhandling one black criminal (allegedly)? Are we at the point now where any time a non-black person does something wrong to a black person, it needs to be treated as some big anti-black action? And are we also at the point where we ignore what black people do in situations as well as any other relevant history and context and call everything racism as long as the victim is black and the perpetrator isn't? That basically what they are doing with these protests.

    Again, if I'm wrong, and there is reason to believe this was racially motivated and the protests are just, cool, hit me with that info cause I didn't see it. I suspect no such info exists since @obnoxiouslyfresh chose to deflect and rant rather than just provide that info.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    gns
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    Copper wrote: »
    Was it ever proven she was shoplifting?

    Also if she was, he couldve easily taken back what she stole esp if he strong enough to body slam her and hold her and kick her

    @The Lonious Monk

    True. I said he was probably wrong whether she stole or not and should be held accountable. However, him mistreating someone he believes was stealing from him isn't automatically racism just because the victim was black. Again, I seen Asian people stomp the shit out of other Asian people for the same shit. I seen old black store owners slap the shit out of black girls for stealing. Guess what, regardless of race, store owners generally don't like people stealing from them.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You know I'd love to give your face a fresh slap for the bold. Of course, there is a history of racism. It pains me to see so many clearly intelligent people squabbling when the facts are there plain to see. Asians open stores in largely Black lower class neighborhoods because they are taking advantage of the lower rents and willingness of Black customers to pay high prices, not because they wanna fuckin fellowship with us. Then, they treat the customers like shit. They rarely ever live in those neighborhoods. They live wherever they find white neighbors. Which is why, in any city you care to visit, you will see Asians tagging whites on any day of the week. Yet, you will grow a beard before you see an Asian even having a social conversation with a Black man, woman or child. Rarely do Asians spend time with Blacks. They seek out white associations, daily. Go look for yourself.

    I asked you a direct question about this particular store and you gave me a stereotypical rant about Asians. lol Come on @obnoxiouslyfresh. Everything you say may be true, but if you don't have any evidence about this particular store or that particular employee, you can't go around accusing that person of doing something solely out of racism. That's crazy. And what makes it crazier is that whenever that shit is done to black people, ya'll have a fit. What if you had a conflict with someone and bunch of people said you were wrong and their only proof for that was a generic rant about "what black people do."

    I have my perceptions of Asians. I've met some that don't fit into that mold. Where I live is a black area and it has a lot of Asian owned businesses. For the most part they are friendly and they even hire people out of the community to work, which is unusal for Asian businesses. But for the most part, in my experience your assessment, is correct. That said, if an incident pops off, I'm not just going to assume the worst of an Asian person solely because that person is Asian. That's pretty much the definition of bigotry. If you're a bigot and proud, then it's all good, but I at least try not to be that.



    That store is a mile from my house and I have not patronized it enough to give you a full assessment of this man's character. I could care less and I really don't need much convincing to decide to not run and give my money to some fuckin Asians. I literally only need to see a video of him choking a black woman out in a store. We have decades long history with Asian shop owners when it comes to their treatment of black customers. The onus aint on me to seek out information regarding who this individual Asian man is. That aint how my cash flow works. If you enjoy spending your money with them, by all means. But, why knock somebody else cause you "hate when people protest shit like that." We dont owe those people shit. They better learn some respect.

    I'mma give you my perspective on the bolded from a Detroit point of view, but it's applicable to pretty much every area where you have these businesses.

    Damned near every time I've ever patronized a china shop, a Black person will either have JUST stolen from there, or was in the process of stealing from there. There was a spot over on Livernois and 7 mile back when I was in middle school and high school that kept a few video games in the front of the shop so I would stop there almost daily on the way home to play some Twin Cobra, Black Tiger, or whatever they had at the time. Theft by a Black male or female was a daily occurrence in that shop and I've personally witnessed *hundreds* of incidents where someone would walk in, grab some shit off the racks and bail outta there with the shop owner trying to chase 'em down.

    The same shit would happen at damned near every china shop I ever visited in the city. Spot over on Grand River near the Rally's I went to with my ex-fiancee 'cause they had something we couldn't get out in Ypsi. One of the family that owned it was helping us and we were having decent convo while they were finding whatever it was we were looking for when we heard a woman say "hey! what are you doing?!" and 4 niggas popped up between the racks holding as many clothes as they could carry and bolted towards the door; they all got away. The person we were speaking to complained to us that guys come in to the store every day to steal.

    Even out in Phoenix this happens, though you now shift from just Black folks to Blacks and Mexicans. The shop owners have been very vocal to the wife and I about their theft problems (why they feel comfortable enough with us to talk about it is still a mystery) and, like Detroit, it's a daily occurrence.

    So, while you sit there talmbout "We have decades long history with Asian shop owners when it comes to their treatment of black customers." you're acting as if THEY don't have decades long history with the Black communities they're in and theft. After the shit happening for so long you get fed up and react more aggressively when shit goes down and what you see with ole dude in the video may be a result of it.


    Let us not forget this either: Theft of merchandise is one of the single biggest reasons Black owned stores don't make it in our own communities. Shit, even Black owned restaurants have high incidents of theft to the point where they close up after maybe a year in business (some ain't even lucky enough to get a year in) so it ain't like we're just doing this bullshit to the China shops.



    @ the bold

    But guess what? They can get the fuck out. Who the fuck asked them to come here. I dont feel an ounce of sympathy for em. They're not there for some kinda noble mission. We are their food. We are economic slaves to them. Slaves that have fattened the pockets of generation of Asians while contributing to the economic demise of your own people. Their main objective is to exploit blacks and take our money out of our community and there are even classes in Korea and China teaching them how to do the shit. They can kiss my ass. I hope the store shuts down by the end of the month.

    They came because OUR businesses closed up shop. Our businesses closed because we either didn't support them, or stole from them left and right making it economically unfeasible to continue. That vacuum created an opportunity for them to come in and set up shop. In other Black communities it's Arabs and Chaldeans, in some communities it's Indians, but the reality is that they're in our communities because we can't seem to support our own or keep sticky fingers to ourselves. Every time we walk into a Black business we're looking for "the hookup" from someone working there. Shit, I've been guilty of that in the past at Black owned restaurants spittin game at chicks working behind the counter to get some extra food. My senior year in high school a cat opened up a car audio shop two blocks away from my school. I used to go in there trying to get a job all the time and it finally got to where dude was going to take a chance on me and let me work there after school. On a Friday, dude told me to seem him on Monday and we'll talk about a job. Over the weekend niggas broke into his shop and stole EVERYTHING. I mean they stole his displays, counters, calculator and pens. After he left an asian dude opened a lil beauty supply store.
    i'm not sure which entity leaves people more abused and lost; the Porn Industry or Bad Boy Records.
    optimisticblakfyahking
  • TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lonious Monk is running for Devils Advocate 2020

    U got my vote :+1:
    z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    Trillfate wrote: »
    The Lonious Monk is running for Devils Advocate 2020

    U got my vote :+1:

    You guys always say shit like that, and it only shows you're missing the point. Fuck the Asian guy. I don't give a fuck about him. I don't give a fuck about the chick. Something needs to be done about what happened. Hopefully, the police do their job correctly for once and everyone gets what they got coming to them. This shit was maybe a petty crime followed by an overreaction, and it should be treated as such.

    My problem is people turning this into a race issue and pushing that narrative. If that's what it is, fine, but why am I wrong for suggesting that people should have a reason for labeling it that? Am I the only one that thinks it's irresponsible to constantly throw that accusation around without just cause? No one else sees how that could ultimately hurt us? None of ya'll read The Boy Who Cried Wolf when you were young?
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    gns
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless if she stole $3 of shit or a hundred dollars worth of anything he beat her down brutally. She was out of his store and should have let the police handle it, but he has animosity towards black folks and beat her down ruthlessly.

    Race matters because people die, gentrified, moved away from, property taxes, a lack of loans regardless if they have good credit, because racism still exists through all the races.
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif


  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »
    The Lonious Monk is running for Devils Advocate 2020

    U got my vote :+1:

    You guys always say shit like that, and it only shows you're missing the point. Fuck the Asian guy. I don't give a fuck about him. I don't give a fuck about the chick. Something needs to be done about what happened. Hopefully, the police do their job correctly for once and everyone gets what they got coming to them. This shit was maybe a petty crime followed by an overreaction, and it should be treated as such.

    My problem is people turning this into a race issue and pushing that narrative. If that's what it is, fine, but why am I wrong for suggesting that people should have a reason for labeling it that? Am I the only one that thinks it's irresponsible to constantly throw that accusation around without just cause? No one else sees how that could ultimately hurt us? None of ya'll read The Boy Who Cried Wolf when you were young?

    No, you're absolutely right. There's no evidence that racism was at play as of yet so everyone needs to dead that shit.
    i'm not sure which entity leaves people more abused and lost; the Porn Industry or Bad Boy Records.
    optimistic
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Regardless if she stole $3 of shit or a hundred dollars worth of anything he beat her down brutally. She was out of his store and should have let the police handle it, but he has animosity towards black folks and beat her down ruthlessly.

    Race matters because people die, gentrified, moved away from, property taxes, a lack of loans regardless if they have good credit, because racism still exists through all the races.

    Oh, so you know him personally and he's expressed this to you? Got it.

    Seems to me like he has animosity towards thieves, which I 100% understand.
    i'm not sure which entity leaves people more abused and lost; the Porn Industry or Bad Boy Records.
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Regardless if she stole $3 of shit or a hundred dollars worth of anything he beat her down brutally. She was out of his store and should have let the police handle it, but he has animosity towards black folks and beat her down ruthlessly.

    Race matters because people die, gentrified, moved away from, property taxes, a lack of loans regardless if they have good credit, because racism still exists through all the races.

    Oh, so you know him personally and he's expressed this to you? Got it.

    Seems to me like he has animosity towards thieves, which I 100% understand.

    Nah, don't need to know a racist personally to know their eyes. Can't prove it on a court of law and I'm not going to do a scientific study or investigation to see if the man has racist viewpoints about black folks. But I look at actions and it's not clear if she is a thief or not.
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif


2
Sign In or Register to comment.