Fargo Season 3

lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right?Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 19 in Lights, Camera, Action!

And here's the official synopsis for season three, which showrunner Noah Hawley has juggled this year along with the Dan Stevens-starring X-Men show Legion. It'll be set in the year 2010:

"Emmit Stussy (McGregor), the Parking Lot King of Minnesota, sees himself as an American success story, whereas his slightly younger brother Ray (also McGregor) is more of a cautionary tale. Forever living in his brother’s shadow, Ray is a balding and pot-bellied parole officer with a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt – and he blames his brother. Their sibling rivalry follows a twisted path that begins with petty theft but soon leads to murder, mobsters and cutthroat competitive bridge.

"Coon plays Gloria Burgle, the steady chief of the local police department. A newly divorced mother, she is trying to understand the new world around her, where people connect more intimately with their phones than with the folks around them. Winstead stars as Ray’s girlfriend Nikki Swango, a crafty and alluring recent parolee with a passion for competitive bridge. Thewlis plays V.M. Vargas, a mysterious loner and true capitalist whose bosses plan to partner with Emmit — whether the Parking Lot King likes it or not."

Fargo season 3's cast is shaping up to be another great one. Ewan McGregor, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Carrie Coon, comedian Jim Gaffigan and David Thewlis have major roles this time around, with McGregor of course playing twins(!).

Will MunnybdbdbdKingFreemanillestni99ainne

Replies

• marc123marc123 Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    GOAT TV show. Hope they keep up the good work.

Will Munny
  • Will MunnyWill Munny I eat pussy on the 1st date. Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This season is gonna be in Eden Valley and St Cloud, MN, that's a trip lol. Both towns in super familiar with. This is hilarious. I bet basically none of it was filmed out there but it will be cool to see if I recognize any of the random shots.

I know for fact last season was filmed in Canada and not Luvurne, MN.
    KingFreeman
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20
    So glad this show is back on. solid opener imo. one of the show's highlights is the cinematography. and in this episode it didn't disappoint. so many memorable shots and camera angles. like with the red color filter experimentation. and the piece of paper ray gave the ex-con that had the address on it. when you look at the picture above it, its subtle quirks and oddities like that, that lets you know your in fargo universe

in this season, there's no storyline or character that connects it to the previous seasons at all so far. so at times this may give the episode an aloof type of feeling. but I think there's still some interesting things going on

I thought ewan McGregor got the feuding brothers roles right for the most part. if I had to choose which character I enjoyed more, it would be ray. he has a more interesting storyline. him blackmailing one of the parolees also set one of the major events in motion

I wonder how the opening scene in east berlin, Germany ties into all of this. maybe Hawley's intention of including it was to hammer home the overarching narrative of mistaken identity. like how the man told the officer they have the wrong name and he isn't the person.

I also wonder what the contents in the hidden box underneath the floor of the murdered stepfather's house was about. they appeared to be sci-fi novels. will there be another sci-fi related theme like season 2?

Despite my admiration for the 1st episode, I will say that I did get a bit of a "been there done that" feeling as the tone and conflicts are very similar to the previous 2 seasons. that's not to say that the novelty is wearing off. as there's currently no other show on tv like this one. but maybe I'm looking for a left-field surprise type of plotline or something to throw me off-balance. still, ill be faithfully tuning in every Wednesday
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 65,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit totally forgot good look i thought i had the series recorded
  • kingofbama205kingofbama205 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit I'm gonna have to watchthe 1st episode on-demand I forgot about this show..

First 2"season's were Great
  • numbaz...80's babynumbaz...80's baby Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just starting the series. So far so good. Gotta catch up